Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Whats the hardest enemy you've ever fought in a RPG?

Everfree

(edited)

So whats the hardest enemy you've ever fought in a rgp? As for me, it was that Porky statue from Mother 3. No joke, this guy has the highest HP you will ever see than in any other rgp, EVER! So the first time fighting him it was for about 5 minutes until I died. This happened for about 5 more times. After that, I gave up. I was curious about how much HP this guy actually had so I looked it up on the internet. It was........... are you ready for this............ the total amount of HP the Porky statue had was 100000000.

100 MILLION!!!!???? ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!???? HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSE TO BEAT THAT!!!!????

*lets out deep sigh* well there is actually a way to beat him. Okay, here's what you do. You got go buy some New Year's Eve bomb. New Year's Eve bombs will either reduce your enemy's HP down to 1 or will do nothing at all. Most of the time they'll do nothing at all but if you're lucky like me one will hit and you'll be able to beat one of the hardest rgp bosses of all time.

post-3581-0-41008600-1343167453.png

Edited by Everfree

A Reaper in Mass Effect 3. It's easy on the lower levels but aggravating on upper ones. Overall it's regarded as stupid by alot of players. Just if the giant laser grazes you... Kentucky Fried Shepherd.

HP count doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a bosses difficulty but having not played Mother 3 I can't say how that is in that game. In Final Fantasy XIII there are many normal enemies that have several thousand and hundred thousands of HP but don't take a lot to beat since the game is made to allow you to take tons of damage really quickly.

Hardest enemy I've fought in an RPG would have to be Angol Mois in Wild Arms 2 though. I'm not saying bosses like Ozma from FFIX or Emerald and Ruby Weapon from FFVII because those bosses pretty much require you to do some sort of sidequest to beat them so it's not a fair fight in any way. Hell, beating Ruby is pure luck regardless of how powerful you are or if you've gotten the right strategies down.

Angol Mois can be beaten by playing the game normally and though he's the strongest enemy in the entire game he is still a fair enough fight that you don't need cheap tricks to beat him. Sheer levels can be enough as long as you get a little lucky with which attacks he uses.

Master Dragons from RIZ-ZOAWD and the first one is easy enough to defeat but they get progressively difficult to the point were they are impossible to defeat, without cheating.

Dullahan from Golden Sun: The Lost Age is definitely up there. He has basically infinite mana and huge amounts of HP, and both have fairly high regen. He also gets 3 attacks a turn.

Lets look at his attack list, shall we?

Attack: A normal attack. Not that threatening, actually. You will learn to love the times when he uses his turn to simply attacks you.

Element Swap: As far as anyone can tell in the ~9 years the game has been out, it does nothing. It's a fucking godsend when he uses it.

True Collide: This is a bad translation of... something. Anyway, it deals a fair amount of damage to your whole party and heals him for the amount of damage dealt.

Formina Sage: A bad translation of Fulminous Edge. It deals OMGWTFBBQMASSIVE damage to one person, and usually kills them unless they're at full hp and have defense buffs.

Charon: Charon is the second most powerful summon in the game. The soonest the player can use it is turn 3, and that's with all 4 party members using their turns to set it up instead of healing, buffing, or attacking (unless you put the djinn in standby before the battle starts, which is really cheap and most players consider it borderline cheating).

Dullahan can pull Charon out of his ass for free whenever the hell he wants. It deals big damage to the whole party and has a chance to OHKO whoever it hits.

But his ultimate "fuck you" attack: Djinn Storm: In Golden Sun, there are these things called djinn, which you "equip" to your party members to increase stats, change classes, etc. When in battle, you can unleash them for a cool and powerful effect, but then they are no longer attached to that character, which results in them having slightly worse stats or changing into a weaker class. Unattached djinn can either be manually reattached so you get your good classes back, or can be spent on a summon. If you use djinn to summon, the relevant number of djinn go into recovery, where they hang out, being useless, until the reattach themselves to their party member, one at a time at then end of each turn. It's a nice system; do you keep your djinn where they are so you're people are always in your preferred class, or unleash them in battle to get powerful effects at the cost of losing your good classes for a few turns? And then, do you reattach them immediately, or go all out and use summons, hopefully to kill the boss before they can take advantage of your weak classes?

Djinn Storm just says "fuck you" by putting all your djinn into recovery. You get weak classes, and no powerful effects or summons. And with Dullahan's move set, you basically can't recover from that, and if you do, it wil have taken so many turns that Dullahan will have recovered all his health, and the only thing you will have accomplished is wasting a lot of healing items.

Also, Polyhedrons in Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. Of course, SO is full of normal enemies that are purposefully so OP that you can't beat them unless you're way overleveld or come back to that area later in the game. Proclaimers fall into this category, as well. And the post game bosses are just absurd.

Emerald/Ruby weapon in FF7, never even tried to take them on

Destroy from Blue Dragon while very underleveled...

After that, maybe one of those Long Gui things in Final Fantasy 13, those are so annoying to take down and have so much life the timer can run out

After that... Not sure. Maybe Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts 1 but I'm not sure if it was hard because I was little or not.

The Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. She is pure bitch compared to all the other bosses in those games (Haven't played Super Paper Mario).

Not going off topic, you have a very nice let's play by chugga, anyway, in super paper mario the hardest boss is shadow L the toughest enemy in the game 100 hp 20 atack power, and has all the powers of mario luigi peach and boswer, the first time I played with him I lost, and I had to do the pit of a hundred trials 2 times to get to him

I was tired when I got to him, and I wasn't paying much atention, because it had faded as I passed floor after floor, after going trough it again, I finally beat it, Saturos was harder, but Shadow Luigi was more tricky

Either Sephiroth from Kingdom Hearts 2. (I was also underleveled...) or Braska's Final Aeon in FFX in an Only Yuna/No Summons game. I still shudder when I think about it.

(edited)

Saturos at the mercury lighthouse, I've defeated the forest, I've got Mia, and I still can't beat it, I've been stuck there for over 5 years now, I just gave up

Give Isaac Jupiter Djinn, Ivan Venus Djinn, and keep Mia and Garet in their base classes. Have Ivan and Mia heal, Isaac spam Astral Blast (and normal attack when he runs out of PP), and Garet normal attack with the strongest weapon you have that doesn't have a Mars element unleash. Make sure at least two different people have a water of life, and everybody has some healing items, so anyone can heal in a pinch.

If that doesn't work, you're underleveled.

PM me if you need help, I know the series inside and out :)

Edited by Evilshy

Princess Shroob at the end of Mario: Partners In Time. You spend an hour beating her and using all of your items to do so and then BOOM! Princess Shroob's older sister woth triple the damage, hp, defense, and speed. After you beat her, you have to kill Bowser merged with Princess Shroob's spirit and he just so happens to be invincible. You have to counter thousands of his attacks to kill him. I can never do it.

The Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. She is pure bitch compared to all the other bosses in those games (Haven't played Super Paper Mario).

I have beaten all of the games several times ans she is quite the bitch. You need to gain at LEAST 5 levels after the chapter on the moon or you are SCREWED. Then again, once you beat her, you feel like a complete bau5.

A Reaper in Mass Effect 3. It's easy on the lower levels but aggravating on upper ones. Overall it's regarded as stupid by alot of players. Just if the giant laser grazes you... Kentucky Fried Shepherd.

Just roll sideways ober and over again. That works on the one on Rannoch really well.

Princess Shroob at the end of Mario: Partners In Time. You spend an hour beating her and using all of your items to do so and then BOOM! Princess Shroob's older sister woth triple the damage, hp, defense, and speed. After you beat her, you have to kill Bowser merged with Princess Shroob's spirit and he just so happens to be invincible. You have to counter thousands of his attacks to kill him. I can never do it.

Oh man, I forgot about Partners In Time. Princess Shroob is pure hell and her sister is even worse. I used to battle the last boss just for the epicness. Just. For. The epicness.

Smithy from Super Mario RPG was hard for me because you constantly have to keep hitting him with everything you got. It's tough without Geno boosting your stats during the battle. I can't beat the game without Geno. :(

Just roll sideways ober and over again. That works on the one on Rannoch really well.

Yes that was the Reaper I was referring to. And I did do roll after roll after roll. It's just rather tedious.

(edited)

Edit: Wrong game :P !

I haven't played any RPGs recently so I can't really decide or remember. The closest thing I've ever got to is to beat Piccolo in Dragon Ball Adventures in hard mode when you only got like a quarter of your health left. I actually beat him once but in the end, the game just froze me and he just blasted a beam at me.

(Screw you Piccolo!)

Edited by Phoenix Dirac Wright