Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Some advice on getting Minecraft for PC?

CapnKrunk

As you all may know.I unfortunatly have Minecraft for Only xbox 360.I've always wanted minecraft the first day is came out for PC.I have a laptop,but it's the family laptop,and I dont want to take chances of jacking up my Familys only laptop.So that means I have to get a new laptop,OR get a computer.So heres my Question to you guys:Is it worth getting minecraft for the PC(Give short explanation too)?If so.Should I get a laptop,Or do I have to get a computer to play the game with less lag?And whats the cheapest Laptop,or computer thats best?

Yes it is really worth the money, although be careful were you live, your state or region might not accept the payment methods.

Also go for a new laptop, it will be worth it too.

• Brohoof 1

Its 100% worth the money. As said above: You can play it everywhere. You need internet if you are downloading to play on a computer that doesn't have MC already installed. And there is of course mods and texture packs. :)

• Brohoof 1

For the X Box 360 it has quite to offer from what I've seen and can be used for multiplayer easily.

But

On the PC version, it of course has a major amount of updates that the 360 has not. It's getting updated AGAIN in a few days time (it said Aug 01, unless that changed) which would mean a seamless multiplayer/singleplayer experience, along with jungle and desert pyramid type dungeons and new explorables.

Plus, the PC actually has MODS to use. They can be confusing to use, but they are definitely worth it. I wouldn't doubt after the update coming up the major MODS people use will be updated for use as well. That would include the Yogbox and the Technic Pack, which are the best ones to get and also the easiest to use (I think they have their own loading software)

And don't forget people build Adventure Maps for this game, so if you ever get bored find a friend and have some fun there!

The game I believe is only $25. You can play with anyone you want or join any server welcoming people into it. It's got a limitless re playability to it so long as you don't get frustrated from it. I personally built an enormous mansion with a house in the sky and a railroad with over 400 tracks that lead to my giant sized sand castle. From my experience, it's definitely worth getting for PC.

~~If you want examples of some builds, I'm pretty sure the Minecraft Forum here on the website has some~~

• Brohoof 1

I I don't know how powerful your parent's laptop is, but it runs just fine on my mine and it isn't a powerhouse, so that would be fine. And yes the game is totally worth the money and is actually really cheap for all it provides.

Also there are many things in the pc version that arent on the xbox. And it always gets the update first. Finally, there's also a ton of mods to renew your gameplay when you get bored with vanilla!

• Brohoof 1

I also forgot to mention.

Minecraft on the PC can allow you to lessen the extent to what it is doing through options, I don't think the 360 allows that.

Pretty much, you can cut down on certain things to make it MUCH faster.

Make Render Distance either Normal or Short (Tiny's too small IMO), make the Graphics Fast (it just makes all blocks look blocky and takes away any special looks in blocks) turn Clouds off and make the Performance balance.

It should run fairly smoothly at that point. If not, just cut back on some more things and you should be good.

• Brohoof 1

I got Minecraft back when it was still in development (#Hipster) and I've slowly kind of lost interest in it, to be honest. I found it very fun to begin with, but after a year or so of on and off play, I really just kind of... stopped. I got too bored with it. Though that might be because I have no friends to play it with (#Foreveralone).

Also, in regards to how well Minecraft will run - On my laptop, that has a 2.13 Intel P6200 processor, 4GB RAM, the best it can get is about... 22 frames per second with the render distance on normal, and pretty much every excess feature (like smooth lighting) turned off. On my desktop though, it runs perfect fine, though I don't know the specs on that one, and am too lazy to check. So it's your call. Minecraft is probably really fun with friends, but, as I've said, I'm a hermit no life with no friends to play it with, so I wouldn't really know. There's a lot more features in the PC version, but personally, I don't even like them all that much. The 360 version is right at the time period where I liked Minecraft the most, to be honest. I'm also just very weird, so don't take much of my opinions very seriously.

• Brohoof 1