Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a pony scrying ap, how much time would you spend with it?

silvadel

Lets say you had a magical program on your computer where you could see into Equestria in real time(and have audio from the viewpoint). You could focus on any specific pony, pan out, move the viewing window free-form if you just wanted to say view the middle of the square or follow a path into the woods.

Realize that this would be real-time -- so rainbow dash could be asleep on a cloud. Applejack could be out in the field bucking apples all day. Twilight might be in her library. If they were taking a train ride, well that is however many hours on the train not a skip sequence. You would pretty much be guaranteed of how ever many sunrise ceremonies you wanted to watch if you viewed Celestia at sunrise. But just saying that adventures aren't massively common and 90% of an adventure is getting there etc.

Do you think you would eventually get bored of it and only check in rarely hoping to find something special... Or do you think you would waste away at the screen constantly watching ponies do their things while your own life slipped by. Or would it end up something you would do for a couple of hours each day in a more controlled manner?

If it was observation only, I could see myself putting in around 3 hours a day taking notes and studying their behavior. I would find it interesting how a sentient quadrupedal species behaves.

Watching ponies have "private time" sounds nice.

That'd be pretty cool. I'd check it once in a while, to catch any plots adventures going on

You mean developing plots, right? ^_^

I'd watch every second to see what Hasbro has in mind for Season 3 :ph34r: ...

Honestly, I would watch it A LOT for the first few days, but then I'll check in every once in awhile. because you can't really engage with the other ponies as you could via webcam.

Well if all I get to watch is a regular day in the lives of ponies I suppose I wouldn't spend too much time watching them, it would be pretty cool though so I'm sure I would get on every once in awhile if I didn't feel like watching an episode from the show. It would be cool for something like the week after I got it but I think I would get bored of it after that and only go back to it occasionally (because I would most likely rather watch something from the show rather than just the day to day activities of them =p)

I feel like I was just really repetitive =p