Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you had a time machine and you could save a famous person from dying, who would it be and how would you do it?

Tom Gallagher

Eddie Guerrero and find someway to convince him to not become addicted to drugs. I honestly think it could've saved Chris Benoit and his family as well

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 2

I would Time travel to save Abraham Lincoln from his assassination by not having him be in that theater, same with John F Kennedy by not having him do that ride at a certain time...now that I think about it...probably Franz Ferdinand. 

There are a few I would save:

Owen Hart: I'd have safety inspectors and police officers at the arena well before the PPV starts and convince Owen not to do the stunt as well as have the inspectors confirm the harness to be unsafe, and threaten Vince McMahon and Vince Russo with arrest if they do not comply. Take it a step further. Have the WWF pay Owen all of whatever he has left to earn before retirement, then fly Owen safely back to Calgary that night and have Edge take his place in the match. I'd also have him convince Davey Boy Smith not to get back into the ring for at least a year until his back is much better and is clean and healthy. In the meantime, maybe they both could take up commentating in the WWF after a summer break.

Derrick Thomas: I'd have had him stay in town and warn him of a snowstorm that's about to come, that way he wouldn't have gotten into the car crash.

There are several others, but those two are off the top of my head.

• Brohoof 1

There are two I would save:

1. President Abraham Lincoln. I would form a police force to prevent John Wilkes Booth from Assassinating President Abraham Lincoln. We would assassinate Booth before he assassinates Lincoln.

2. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I would form a police force to prevent James Earl Ray from Assassinating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. We would assassinate Ray before he assassinates Dr. King.

Those were important people and they should have never been assassinated. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle97 said:

There are two I would save:

1. President Abraham Lincoln. I would form a police force to prevent John Wilkes Booth from Assassinating President Abraham Lincoln. We would assassinate Booth before he assassinates Lincoln.

2. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I would form a police force to prevent James Earl Ray from Assassinating Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. We would assassinate Ray before he assassinates Dr. King.

Those were important people and they should have never been assassinated. 

I 100% agree with that but, I would also want to save Franz Ferdinand from getting shot so ww1 doesn't start and so no Nazis rise to power after Germany loses the war and no Communists come to power in Russia.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:07 AM, Will Guide said:

Walt Disney. He died because of lung cancer, so I would probably convince him to lay off the smoking

If he did managed to live through through to the 21st century, he likely would have learn to use Computers as a tool to tell Animated stories. He would approve of Pixar.

Epcot would have been pretty different and would have matched his earlier plans for it

You know all the rumors of his frozen body being stashed somewhere in one of the parks?

From what I've heard, he actually was interested in cryonics, but never got around to signing up before he died. So while you're at it you might give him a little reminder - that way, future generations might get to partake of his genius.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Don't mess with time in general. Even if we Ignore those temporal paradoxes, still events/decisions/reactions/ etc are not isolated, they are all interconnected. If you change one event it can and mostly likely will have side effects. Like everything else. Who says that those side effects are not worse? I'm sure a lot of people knows that.

Don't misunderstand me: There have been many people died much too young and would have a deserved a longer and better life, but the risk is not worth it. John Lennon would just be one example here. For example the death of Mira Furlan hit me hard as well. Death is inevitable for a living entities, it comes to all of us. So at the end we would speak actually about procrastination here, prolonging (not preventing the cease of) someone existence and then the next times he/she dies is maybe even worse? One could bring this person back another time and start all over. All these time travel stuff comes sooner or later to a point of an infinite loop, because it's never perfect.

short answer: Nobody

If you want a list of people whose death hit me hard: Mira Furlan, Chester Bennigton, Leonard Nimoy, Robbie Williams etc. just to name a few

• Brohoof 1

On 2020-11-21 at 9:06 PM, Starforce Glimmer said:

I 100% agree with that but, I would also want to save Franz Ferdinand from getting shot so ww1 doesn't start and so no Nazis rise to power after Germany loses the war and no Communists come to power in Russia.

WW1 should never have happened; I suppose one could say this about any war but it strikes me that it was this one that marked the rapid decline of European civilization. But alternatively, things may have still been salvageable if the US had never entered the war; I find convincing the idea that the American participation turned WW1 into an ideological war (i.e. Democracy vs Monarchy) and it was that change which would make the damage done on Europe, already heavy from the war, more permanent.

• Brohoof 1

Oooh, ooh!  I got a great answer for this!  Christopher Hitchens.  I would travel back in time to the first moment he ever lit up a cigarette and I would slap that sh*t right out of his hand!  :laugh:  I sure do miss Hitch.  :(

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Lloyd W. Nordstrom, original owner of the :sunny:Seattle Seahawks, just so he could personally see many games the Seahawks played:(  

Cliff Burton, had the deadly bus crash not happened, who knows what direction:maud: Metallica could've gone into:(  

Demri Parott, the ex-girlfriend of Layne Staley, it is speculated that her death heavily contributed to Layne's own death 6 years later:awed:  Perhaps there would have been a way those 2 could've talked things over, make amends, permanently get off substance abuse and Layne would remain healthy enough to keep singing and making music:(  

Mike Starr, the original Alice in Chains bassist:(  

Dimebag Darrell:(  

Ken "Snake" Stabler:(  

Every :worry:heroic honorable man who's played and coached for the Atlanta Falcons:(  

This person isn't very famous, but he still managed to obtain 10 million subscribers and was well known in the Minecraft community. He went by the name Technoblade, and he died from cancer in his 20's. If I had a time machine, I would first go forward in time to get the cure for cancer, then I would go back in time to tell scientists and doctors the cure so that I would save not only Technoblade, but everyone else who was a victim of cancer. I wouldn't tell anyone about my true identity though, because I do not care about fame.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

None, I don’t know them personally. Who I rather save is my aunt. She passed away from a stroke due being left alone in a house for hours. She could have live if weren’t for this irresponsible cousin and her ex.  I would go back in time and prevent it from happening. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Archduke Franz Ferdinand, I would tell him to flee Sarajevo immediately.

I know alot of people say that World War I would've happened anyways even without the assassination, but if it did it probably would've been very different from our World War I.

On a more personal note, I would've said either Andy Warhol or Dwayne McDuffie, but I don't know how I would prevent their deaths.

• Brohoof 1