Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the CMC stop trying?

Brook

I... I think the CMC has done enough.

Look, before I talk about the CMC themselves, I have to explain something. As I said in a different thread about cutie marks, there is no way to force your cutie mark into appearing. It's suppoused to be something that you like to do, or something you're already good at. I guess it wasn't like that in Rarity's case, but she wasn't obsessed with getting one, once agian, it just happened. Nothing forced it. If your cutie mark is suppoused to be your special talent, then it should be something your at least familiar with.

What I'm saying is that instead of putting themselves in all sorts of crazy situations, they should just keep moving with their lives, and when it happens, it happens. Nothing to it.

I know that the CMC would lose their purpuse (literaly it's in the name), but this is an open disscussion, so let's do this.

What do you think?

Well they still think and firmly believe that they can force it. Them being young (not only that but horrible listeners) has made them try to force it even though everyone else tells them not to. I don't think they should give up because it wouldn't fit Scootaloo's personality.

• Brohoof 1

Why should they? They are living out their fillyhoods having fun and being together... Its not all about just finding the mark, they are building on their friendship and having fun. The situations they get into are building on who they are. Then when the time comes when they do get their mark, they will have a cool story to tell for just about any situation when they are older lol.

• Brohoof 6

Honestly they are slowly killing themselves. Thanks to Scootaloo crazy ideas and Sweetie Belle's "yes-ma'am" mentality, it will be just a matter of time before one of the CMC broke her spine trying to do some idiotic stunt.

The only way out, in my opinion, is having Scootaloo broke her wings, and then hopefully Applebloom or Sweetie Belle will get their Cutie Mark when they tried to cheer up Scootaloo on the Hospital. Then Scootaloo will commit suicide out of sorrow

• Brohoof 6

Non!

The CMC shall not stop and shall keep trying for everypony to see!

Getting a cutie mark for them is like...surviving for us. What use are they in life without a cutie mark, they'd...commit suicide or something! I say do not stop trying!

Edited by Strawberries Yum

Why should they? They are living out their fillyhoods having fun and being together... Its not all about just finding the mark, they are building on their friendship and having fun. The situations they get into are building on who they are. Then when the time comes when they do get their mark, they will have a cool story to tell for just about any situation when they are older lol.

Well, there's better ways to have fun than to go on crazy and dangoures adventures that may very well possibly kill you.

And building yourself over those is even worse! What do you expact them to go on adventures for the rest of their lives? No, they aren't Daring Do you know.

Well, they should try to force it because...well it's fun to force it. They wouldn't do half the fun stuff they do, had they just tried to get on with their lives.

But if they aren't having fun getting their cutie marks, they should just try to go on living.

Getting a cutie mark for them is like...surviving for us. What use are they in life without a cutie mark, they'd...commit suicide or something! I say do not stop trying!

Well, yeah obviously, but getting a cutie mark doesn't have to involve such crazy things, it could come from something as simple as a party (like Pinkie's). And those come around, they don't have to go out of their ways to get thier marks that way.

Also, don't say "what use are they in life without a cutie mark" because that would mean that they are currently useless beings, which they aren't. Nor is anypony without one.

Well, there's better ways to have fun than to go on crazy and dangoures adventures that may very well possibly kill you.

And building yourself over those is even worse! What do you expact them to go on adventures for the rest of their lives? No, they aren't Daring Do you know.

Ugh... I am not debating with you over this. They are young and having fun how they want to, leave them be. Everyone has fun in different ways and likes different ways to. They are searching for their marks also, not just doing crazy stuff... by doing this they are learning lots of stuff, not just what ISN'T their mark dude..

Well, they should try to force it because...well it's fun to force it. They wouldn't do half the fun stuff they do, had they just tried to get on with their lives.

If they did it to have fun, then at least it would be a decently good reason, but no, they are hell-bent on getting those cutie marks, which is unfortunately blinding to them.

Ugh... I am not debating with you over this.

Well, you should debate, that's pretty much the porpuse of a forum isn't it?

They are searching for their marks also, not just doing crazy stuff... by doing this they are learning lots of stuff, not just what ISN'T their mark dude..

But that's thing, they are only doing these things to get their cutie marks, I'm 100% sure they could find other ways to have fun, if they weren't so attatched to those marks.

Well, yeah obviously, but getting a cutie mark doesn't have to involve such crazy things, it could come from something as simple as a party (like Pinkie's). And those come around, they don't have to go out of their ways to get thier marks that way.

Also, don't say "what use are they in life without a cutie mark" because that would mean that they are currently useless beings, which they aren't. Nor is anypony without one.

I stand corrected. But they would be embarrassed. I mean, they still are embarrassed about their cutie marks when they're in school.

here's my theory on why the CMC hasn't gone their cutie marks yet:

They know their talents but none of them will admit it out loud because thry fear that one of them gets a cutie mark first, that they can no longer be part of the group.

• Brohoof 1

If they did it to have fun, then at least it would be a decently good reason, but no, they are hell-bent on getting those cutie marks, which is unfortunately blinding to them.

Well, you should debate, that's pretty much the porpuse of a forum isn't it?

But that's thing, they are only doing these things to get their cutie marks, I'm 100% sure they could find other ways to have fun, if they weren't so attatched to those marks.

Not when the thing we are debating is pointless lol, also I am pretty sure the very purpose is not to debate everything.

here's my theory on why the CMC hasn't gone their cutie marks yet:

They know their talents but none of them will admit it out loud because thry fear that one of them gets a cutie mark first, that they can no longer be part of the group.

I HIGHLY doubt that.

They are good friends, with or without those cutie marks, and even if one of them gets her mark first, I'm sure she would still hang out with the other two.

Cutie Mark or not, it's damn clear all the CMC are actively trying to get themselves hurt, especially Scootaloo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Few of many near-suicide attempt to find your talent

And when the Mane Six tried to tell the CMC about their Cutie Mark, Scootaloo goes all gagging

Posted Image

Yep, one of them should be removed from the circle

• Brohoof 2

It´s been said several times to them that they can´t force it, that cutie mark will appear when is the time for it. They don´t care. After all, I don´t want them to stop trying. It´s their role in the show to try crazy stuff. They probably experienced more various things than rest of the ponies and probably humans too :lol:. And thanks to that cutie mark hunt, they are friends after all. What should they do instead of that? If Sweetie Belle´s without Scootaloo and AB, she tries to help her sister and ruins all the stuff. Apple Bloom is moaning about the cutie mark and Scootaloo probably stalks Rainbow Dash or rides her scooter, which could be more suicidal than the stuff they three do together in some cases. It´s better they three have each other to try for cutie marks than to be alone. They´re just fillies after all, geez.

It´s been said several times to them that they can´t force it, that cutie mark will appear when is the time for it. They don´t care. After all, I don´t want them to stop trying. It´s their role in the show to try crazy stuff. They probably experienced more various things than rest of the ponies and probably humans too :lol:. And thanks to that cutie mark hunt, they are friends after all. What should they do instead of that? If Sweetie Belle´s without Scootaloo and AB, she tries to help her sister and ruins all the stuff. Apple Bloom is moaning about the cutie mark and Scootaloo probably stalks Rainbow Dash or rides her scooter, which could be more suicidal than the stuff they three do together in some cases. It´s better they three have each other to try for cutie marks than to be alone. They´re just fillies after all, geez.

As much as you're right, this isn't about show ethnics, it's about opinions, therefore, I want you to tell me, what do you think they SHOULD do? Stop or keep trying to kill themselves?

Stop or keep trying to kill themselves?

Keep trying ofc, I was sure it´s clear from what I posted. ;) It doesn´t matter how suicidal the trial is, they won´t die anyway, keep it real.

Look they're just little kids. They're having fun, like kids trying to buy a car with a lemonade stand or trying to because famous. It's not gonna happen, but it doesn't mean that they can't have fun doing so, right? Just let 'em keep trying and have fun, because eventually they're gonna grow up.

Look they're just little kids. They're having fun, like kids trying to buy a car with a lemonade stand or trying to because famous. It's not gonna happen, but it doesn't mean that they can't have fun doing so, right? Just let 'em keep trying and have fun, because eventually they're gonna grow up.

I'm just sayin', it won't get them anywhere. Also the lamonade thing isn't a good example, because that's suprisingly safe compared to most thing the CMC do.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm just sayin', it won't get them anywhere. Also the lamonade thing isn't a good example, because that's suprisingly safe compared to most thing the CMC do.

Okay, think of it more like kids going into the forest to find buried treasure, then. There are plenty of examples of kids doing dangerous stuff, just because they're kids and that's pretty much what kids do.

Not sure why people are talking about getting mortally hurt, suicide and death in a kid's show where the CMC have cartoon antics protecting them from most of these things.

No, they shouldn't stop. But, it would be nice to have an episode where they take it too far and somehow they decide to cool it down on the amount of risk they put into each individual attempt. They still go on adventures, they still have plenty of fun with each other, they still crusade, but I'd be fine with toning the risk down a bit, I suppose.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

I think its just what the cmc do inlet they get there cutie marks that's there funny role in the show its not like there going to die from it

doesn't seem like its excelling into more dangerous things its just random things that they think might earn them a cutie mark

Honestly they are slowly killing themselves. Thanks to Scootaloo crazy ideas and Sweetie Belle's "yes-ma'am" mentality, it will be just a matter of time before one of the CMC broke her spine trying to do some idiotic stunt.

The only way out, in my opinion, is having Scootaloo broke her wings, and then hopefully Applebloom or Sweetie Belle will get their Cutie Mark when they tried to cheer up Scootaloo on the Hospital. Then Scootaloo will commit suicide out of sorrow

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE MIGHTY SCOOTALOO i guess. also they are just little fillies with big imaginations and... quite small listening skills