Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should the CMC stop trying?

Brook

No, just no. And actually I think that if they stopped they would be more disappointed with their marks than they would be if they truly earned it. Right now they are proving themselves worthy of their marks which are still in flux until they actually get them. It could result in them getting marks of a much greater scale // more abstract marks that can encompass several things rather than just having a simple carpentry or singing mark. Nothing special is easy.

Nothing special is easy.

I have to adress this.

Not true, look at Rarity's talent, it not only has nearly no relation to her passion, but she also got it SO easily, she didn't even know she had that kind of talent before getting her mark.

Yeah. I think they should stop trying. They are literally KILLING themselves trying to find their talent. They should just take it slow and easy. They have to enjoy their 'blank-flank' hood a bit more. If they do what they enjoy, they might JUST get their cutie mark.

• Brohoof 1

Little fillies will always be little filles.

The CMC love to have their cutie marks appear ASAP. For me, yes, it's sooo annoying...because although it's just a cartoon, shouldn't they at least get a hint on their talents and cutie marks? I mean, it's quite obvious: Scootaloo doing her scooting, Sweetie Belle and her singing, and Applebloom and her ability with fabrics and carpentry.

The reason they have not gotten their cutie marks yet is because they don't REALIZE their talents. A pony's cutie mark is obtained when they REALIZE their talent and respect it. Apparently, they havn't gotten a clue yet. -_- This is gonna take a loong time. I keep yelling at my computer screen 'COME ON! YOUR TALENT'S RIGHT THERE!'. But that won't help. :P

Hopefully they get it during a finale or something. What should happen is I think the CMC are trying to save the mane six, and while doing so acquire their cutie marks. That would be pretty awesome.

• Brohoof 1

No, they should not stop trying. Even if it won't make their cutie marks appear any faster, it's making their friendship grow. Their little group is not unlike the Mane Six's group.

• Brohoof 2

As characters, I believe the cmc are great, cute and are very nice for an episode, but I agree, they just seem to be more nagging and forceful in the cutie mark department, like zecora said, time is the only remedy, can't agree more. ^^

The CMC stop trying?

Hmm.. that's a depressing thought.

Finding one's Cutie Mark and thus one's talent is basically a Pony trying to find their niche in the world. They are looking for their future careers and dreams.

I'm essentially a human Blank Flank, as in a person who has no career path in mind, is well past the age of when one should find one, and am not particularly skilled in anything. So should I stop trying? Should I stop searching for something I'm good at and just accept that I'm not good at anything?

I love the CMC because I find their position to be very relatable. They are talented in something, but they just don't know it yet, a lot like me I suppose.

It's obvious that they would still want to find their talent, but at the same time, they're hurting themselves more...

Maybe their secret talent is being stunt doubles, considering they do amazing stunts?

I have to adress this.

Not true, look at Rarity's talent, it not only has nearly no relation to her passion, but she also got it SO easily, she didn't even know she had that kind of talent before getting her mark.

I guess then the question is "Is rarities talent 'special'?" It certainly is useful, but really it is a simple spell that twilight can easily duplicate. Thing is Rarity has talents for clothing design. She also has a spell for finding gems, and a very good knack for telekenesis. Could Rarity have had a more general mark if she had seeked it out rather than it finding her? We really do not know the answer to that one but in essence she had an inherant spell and when it manifested she had her mark. I think that only was accepted because she really liked finding the gems etc. She might have been able to achieve more.

I think that if they stopped now, even if it was because they realized that the only way to get their cutie mark is by finding themselves and waiting for the right moment, it would feel like giving up, and that is the wrong message of the show.

Instead of just giving up, they should take a different approach. The point of a cutie mark is finding out what you want to do with your life, so instead of doing crazy-ass adventures and shit, they should do whatever they want to do while they can, because when they get older and have responsibitlies they wont be able to do what they want, and then they may not ever find out what it is they were meant to do because they were to busy working to find out.

• Brohoof 1

I actually think they are trying too hard. Personally, if I was a filly with a blank flank, I'd just resume my normal life and let myself develop naturally, because eventually it'll happen. The CMC are pretty awesome though, so of course I wouldn't want the group to be disbanded.

• Brohoof 1

I'm getting annoyed that the CMC will never get their cutie marks. The producers as well just remove them as characters or give them their reward. I think they are trying too hard. Like AJ said, they should be patient, though.

I'm getting annoyed that the CMC will never get their cutie marks. The producers as well just remove them as characters or give them their reward. I think they are trying too hard. Like AJ said, they should be patient, though.

They can't remove the CMC from the show, since the episodes are already out. :lol: Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are annoying though, so I can see why they're still trying lol

I don't think they should, because every pony must have a special talent. I find that the CMC are forcing it somewhat by doing things they probably don't want to do, they should try to find their cutie marks, but they shouldn't try so much like that, perhaps take breaks, have fun for a while. They must learn sooner or later you can't force it so much, and every pony gets it eventually.

• Brohoof 1

I just thought of an interesting idea. The CMC decide to do just as RiverBankNut says; They stop trying, and move on with their lives. Years later, they STILL have yet to find their cutie marks. The Cutie Mark Crusaders join forces, for a greater purpose; To stop the bullying of fillies for their Cutie Marks, or lack-thereof. Maybe they could put it into the show to advocate for anti-bullying.

They shouldn't be trying that hard and just try to live their lives normally and they might just end up getting their cutie marks.

• Brohoof 1

And when the Mane Six tried to tell the CMC about their Cutie Mark, Scootaloo goes all gagging

Yep, one of them should be removed from the circle

(que over dramatic music and evil stare because in to lazy to find a pic )

if Scootaloo was removed i would be very pissed,

also and once again i will make this point it is humorous writing the CMC will continue to do this because we find it fun to watch and they will get there cutie mark when they say so

Never! The CMC is a wonderful group i think could last well beyond the original three members. The reason why they cant just live their lives is because they're kids :)i its like waiting for your sixteenth birthday. You just cant wait! Or your eighteenth birthday. Its cute and sweet how they found unity and its funny how they formed a secret society off it.

Do you REALLY think they are the first CMC's?

If we have whacky ponies all over, many fillies could be whacky.

This is a way some live childhood.

I'd say they should keep on crusading!

There might actually be a cutie mark for failing to get a cutie mark. Maybe if they keep it up, they might get their unable to get a cutie mark cutie mark. Then again I would still want to see what Applebloom's special talent really is.

Honestly they are slowly killing themselves. Thanks to Scootaloo crazy ideas and Sweetie Belle's "yes-ma'am" mentality, it will be just a matter of time before one of the CMC broke her spine trying to do some idiotic stunt.

The only way out, in my opinion, is having Scootaloo broke her wings, and then hopefully Applebloom or Sweetie Belle will get their Cutie Mark when they tried to cheer up Scootaloo on the Hospital. Then Scootaloo will commit suicide out of sorrow

And it would be the greatest My Little Pony episode *sighs* eeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <: D