Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Poster Wins

Discord!

I guess that depends on if Dark Matter has enough mass to close the universe - if so, once it starts contracting again, we should start seeing light from further and further out, until we run out of "out"...

1 hour ago, CypherHoof said:

I guess that depends on if Dark Matter has enough mass to close the universe - if so, once it starts contracting again, we should start seeing light from further and further out, until we run out of "out"...

Hmm

I wonder what dark matter tastes like :P . Or if it’s shaped like something :wacko: .

On 1/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, CypherHoof said:

not entirely wrong, but depending on how fast it is falling, friction would tend to defrost it. newly landed space capsules for example are really hot, not really cold.

Hmm... Friction would a bit, but how much it would affect the hail would be limited by the hail's terminal velocity and hail failing from the top of the troposphere (where the temperature is colder than -50 Celsius) to the bottom is not the same as something re-entering the atmosphere from space, in which it would go through the atmosphere's five layers, some of which have some extreme temperature differences... Also, if it was defrosted by friction, we wouldn't have hailstones in the first place... :mlp_wat:

2 hours ago, Nsxile said:

Hmm... Friction would a bit, but how much it would affect the hail would be limited by the hail's terminal velocity and hail failing from the top of the troposphere (where the temperature is colder than -50 Celsius) to the bottom is not the same as something re-entering the atmosphere from space, in which it would go through the atmosphere's five layers, some of which have some extreme temperature differences... Also, if it was defrosted by friction, we wouldn't have hailstones in the first place... :mlp_wat:

Fair enough. Feel free to test the theory with a balloon :)

19 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

The taste and shape of Dark Matter

Why’d you want to smelll like that :P ? I guess it could smell like anything. Same with the shape. It could be cat shaped :P .

4 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

I would assume it would be hard to make quorn taste like Maya Papaya, therefore easy to make it NOT taste like that?

Ew no papayas please :yuck: .

*banishes fruit to banish world*

2 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

My understanding was that it was a place, not a fruit, so presumably would need a very large banishment spell?

Yes and I’m more than capable :P 

Ah well, I wouldn't want to disparage your portal creation abilities, but that IS a fairly large chunk of the lithosphere to be banishing; we have a fairly large moon that could accept it though, and banishment to the moon is now traditional :)

• Brohoof 1