Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies in Multiple Languages

Panne

I have always been into Shows in different languages and of course when I began watching My Little Pony I just had to check out the other languages. I just would like to discuss favorite dubs other than English. Like my favorite non English Fluttershy is Russian and my favorite Twilight Sparkle is Finnish. Also if you have heard the Italian intro you know what I mean when I say It is awesome! So I was just wondering what your favorite dub other than English is.

I remember hearing a few... they generally didn't sound as good as the English original.

I'm Finnish and can heartily recommend ignoring the Finnish dub. It's plagued by the same problem as all Finnish dubs: dubbing isn't popular here and thus the quality just isn't very good.

i've listened to episodes in Swedish mainly the ones were SpitFire talks, other then that i've been meaning to watch Cutiepox in French because i want to see how the "my sisters speaking in fancy" scene plays out

I've seen that "My face when Swedish Spitfire" video before as well but I don't find her voice that attractive, I don't know why people over-react to it.

Edited by Cloud Chaser

The Swedish Spitfire doesn't sound nearly as good when you're from a Scandinavian country other than Sweden and have grown up thinking that Swedish sounds ridiculously stupid.

Because it really does. :mellow:

I do love the Italian opening though, that's just amazing.

I sorta want to watch the show in another language but the only problem is there are zero full episodes, just clips such as Swedish Spitfire. If anyone can find some full episodes in anther language I would be grateful.

The first opening seconds of that song make it sound like the music's in reverse.

I think it is pretty interesting though to hear the character in other languages, and try to compare them to the quality of the original voice actors.

~~

other then that i've been meaning to watch Cutiepox in French because i want to see how the "my sisters speaking in fancy" scene plays out

It's really bad. Basically, Apple Bloom starts speaking in ''Old French'' (with no notable difference in the accent or anything) and then Applejack complains that her sister is speaking weirdly. I hate the French dub.

It's really bad. Basically, Apple Bloom starts speaking in ''Old French'' (with no notable difference in the accent or anything) and then Applejack complains that her sister is speaking weirdly. I hate the French dub.

Kind of disappointing. I think they could have made something very funny.

I remember seeing the dubs for the first Shrek and it was interesting how they handled the Robbin Hood scene for all the versions. In the Spanish version they had him speaking a french accent, but in the French version they had him speaking French with a heavy British accent.

I haven't really watched the show in any other language than English. I tried the Czech dubb, in case I could use it to present MLP to my friends who don't speak English well enough to understand the original, and I was horrified. It was absolutely awful, the voice actors were not the best you could choose, but that was a minor problem compared to the absolutely screwed up translation. They tried to translate Nightmare Moon into Czech, and ended up with ,,Nocní Mesícní Kobylka", which means something like Little Nightly Moonly Mare (A perfect name for a horrifying villain :/ ). Also, word Pony is somehow soft and pleasant in English, and it loses a lot of it's softness and niceness when translated into the hard sounding Czech ,,Poník".

Well, I only tried polish dubbing and it's... not good. Rarity and Trixie really sound awful and spitfire is... oh just listen to it:

Edited by Spatsi

I didn't really say which dubs i watched and which ones I liked. Basically, I watched parts of the Italian dub, Mexican Spanish dub, Norwegian dub, German dub and , because I must try out my language (well, the variant from the other side of the Atlantic), French dub.

Italian dub is fantastic. I love all the voices and the songs sound great. I can't say anything about the translation though since I don't know Italian yet. It's my favorite version by far.

Mexican Spanish dub is cool. I don't really have any complain for it. I can't say that much about the translation either since I only know basic Spanish. But what I actually understand is cool too.

Norwegian dub is the best Scandinavian dub and I love it too. Rainbow's voice is not really fitting but I don't care. Norwegian is best language anyway. This one deserves more recognition. Still can't talk about translation.

German dub is alright even if Rainbow's voice is not that fitting. It's not that bad. I can't understand a word of German though since it's not a Latin language so I'm completely lost in translation matter.

French dub can be a pain sometimes. I can't stand French accent in dubs so it doesn't help me at all either. I hope Quebec will get a version soon. They get rid of lots of jokes in the translation, Pinkie's voice is not fitting at all, Applejack as no accent at all. Sometimes, they manage to create good songs, like Art of the dress and Find a pet but most completely suck. Feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt since I can't stand France dubs anyway but the translation really does suck most of the times.

Out of all the languages i could find I was surprised that this show isn't in Japanese I feel like it would be a tv show right up their alley. Like they love cute little character having fun and they love almost everything from Europe and America.

Out of all the languages i could find I was surprised that this show isn't in Japanese I feel like it would be a tv show right up their alley. Like they love cute little character having fun and they love almost everything from Europe and America.

Who knows? Maybe they'll get a dub. China is getting one so why not Japan? Also, I still have hope for a Quebec version now that new dubs started to appear lately.