Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much do you love Derpy Hooves?

~SadisticFluttershy~

How much do you love derpy hooves?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. How much do you love derpy hooves?

• Yes!!!! I Just love derpy soo much!!
    • No ofcourse not!

Oh, how we celebrate the mediocrity.

You seem to think it's okay fro people to like without reason,

but then bug us about disliking with a reason.

//opinions

~

I did say I wanted a question about Derpy answered and it got answered...kinda...

Bug? I only asked once you know. I would think bugging would apply I repeated ask you when you said no.

It wasn't about disliking for a reason. I wanted to know more about the reason itself was all.

And through out this whole conversation, I wasn't raging.

That comment about not getting an answer yet was more so towards ever since I was asking myself the question.

Lastly, you didn't even confirmed or deny what I said. :/

I still have yet to hear an answer. :/

Fine, I shall explain. I dislike her fandom because it's horribly annoying the way they do "derp this" and "derp that". They put Derpy Hooves in everything, and are also the most prominent place for AJ background jokes because of TLR.

I never said the show matters more than the fanon, though it does. The fanon is ten times more annoying when it comes to background characters--they make up a personality about one of them, say Vinyl, and suddenly, if anyone else tries to come up with something else, people would be like "no that's fake!!1 vinyl lieks wubs and not other stuf!"

But I don't see why'd you bother if you don't like Derpy much anyway.

• Brohoof 2

Ahhh forum drama.

Gotta love it.

On topic, I do not like Derpy Hooves. She has close to zero character and she is revered for it. I don't comprehend why. Her derped eyes? Thats not enough to constitute for her being someone's favorite pony in my opiniom.

Also, I really don't care for what the fandom does with her. I don't actively read fan fics or look at fan art. I'm in this for the show itself and the great people involved in the fandom like you guys but all of the fan content doesn't mean much to me.

I can't fathom why Derpy gets so much attention, and I believe it is undeserved. On top of that, her fans can get extremely annoying with "Derpy this and Derpy that." "DERPY IS BEST PONY 'CAUSE SHES DERPY LOL" and "HOW COULD U NOT LIKE DERPY? SHES SO DERP!!" The list goes on and on.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

She's a blond pony with crossed eyes, OMG SHE IS DITZY AND CLUMSY.

I wouldn't really call that creativity to start off with.

Also fanon doesn't mean anything to me because it's not real and the majority of the time it's not creativity or good.

I'll write a fic about Derpy being a psychotic baby eater, it's now fanon.

You like her now?

Then there was that whole Derpy being censored fiasco,

which was ridiculous to say the least.

And she is an overrated easter egg, I can't go anywhere without seeing thousands upon thousands of Derpy fanart, when much better characters get pushed to the side.

I usually don't care for Derpy fanboys anyway, there's just a difference in the level of our thinking.

^^

This

I'm not really a fan of Derpy, I don't see her any better than any other background pony, it's quite irritating, if you ask me, that she gets far more attention on the screen than some of the Mane 6. Not only that, but her personality, which so many of her fans talk about is purely fan made. It was a pretty pitiful argument when she was censored, because of what her fans specified as "The soccer moms didn't like her, because of her personality." and all of the comments in where they say that why haven't other characters, such as Cheese from Foster's Home didn't get replaced, or censored. What bothers me most is that some bronies are still trying to bring back Derpy xD

• Brohoof 3

• 6 months later...
(edited)

She's the best pony.

She's nice.

She's awesome.

She's cute.

She's just DERP.

And EVERYONE who hates her would burn in hell!

I love Derpy genuinely.

Also, SOCCERMOMS must DIE. I wish somebrony kills at least one soccermom.

Edited by Lamer

Well, that's pretty easy. 

Let's say, on a scale from One to Ten

Negative Forty Five. No Forty Six.

Also, SOCCERMOMS must DIE. I wish somebrony kills at least one soccermom.

Dude, what.

Even as a joke, that's really ignorant.

Honestly, I love Derpy but not as much as the Mane 6. Derpy is my 2nd favorite background pony only behind Lyra and she has the cuteness and the " personality" that I really like about her. It's even better she's who she is because it sends a powerful message.

I like Derpy she's alright. Though I kinda got burnt out on all the Derpy stuff and just seemed to care less about the issues surrounding Derpy. How ever I enjoy Berry Punch as my favorite background pony. So it's more of "she's alright", I don't overly obsessive love her and I certainly don't dislike or hate her.

Derpy FTW! She is my all time favorite background character. Now that I have watched all the episodes a couple times through, I've started watching them just to see which background ponies I can find. I still get excited every time Derpy makes an appearance. She's too freakin adorable!

(\

/)

I love Derpy that much. Seriously, Derpy Hooves is so cute and just plain awesome. She is cute, funny, and has a nice design. 

Did I mention she's cute?

Ugh, I'm not a big fan. *Cowers in a corner*

Okay, I guess I just don't see how her eyes going in different directions like that makes her "cute". And seriously what does that cutie mark mean?

I don't dislike Derpy, though. She is fun to find in the episodes.

I am sort of impartial towards Derpy. I think that she is cute, but it is mostly a fluke that she became so popular with the fandom. If she were a more developed character, I think I could see my opinion swaying in either direction. I am not entirely sure what I would want her character to be, but I would know when it was wrong. Derpy gets a 6/10 on the scale of general likeability for me.

Why is there no middle option. I like Derpy, I think she's cute, but at the same time she isn't my absolute favorite pony. I would much prefer this poll include a "She's cool" or "She's alright" option or something. Right now it's either one or the other, which is a bit unfair.

(edited)

Why are some of you so danged judgmental? so alot of people like Derpy and you don't quite get it, fair enough but I don't get the whole Lyra obsessing with humans/hands thing but I don't really hate on Lyra or dismiss her fans like that simply because I don't understand it. I am surprised this wasn't mentioned yet but the main reason that Derpy is my favorite background pony and at least one of the main reasons for many other people is because even though Derpy has not been confirmed one way or another to be disabled I like the positive message of including a character like Derpy sends, that it is okay to be different. As an adult with Autism I know exactly what it is like to be singled out for being different and realize that though we have come a long way we still have a long way to go.

What many of you fail to understand is that there really aren't that many positive characters out there that have the kind of potential that Derpy has to teach this important lesson so when the potential one or the potential for one in this case comes around many people who are seen as different disabled or not tend to gravitate toward said character because many of us have been judged unfairly by society and we want the next generation of kids growing up to have it a little better than we did. Many of you are lucky enough to not know what it is like to be singled out, but until you do you have no right to judge.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I semi "cosplayed" as Derpy yesterday at ACen. I had my wall-eyes hoodie, my "muffins" bracelet, and even carried a muffin around for part of the day (before it became soggy and smashed up from my tossing it around).

I think that says something. tongue.png

Edited by AtomicBassCannon

How could you not love derpy? SHE'S FUCKING ADORABLE!!! Her eyes are derped just right and her mane is just the right color for adorableness!! Not to mention she's doctor whooves companion!!

I changed my mind on Derpy. I decided to draw her, and for some reason, it really changed my point of view on her. Maybe it was the fact that I had to cross reference several pictures to get everything looking right, and all the different pictures showed her in ways I hadn't thought of before. She is a very misunderstood character. Just because she has slightly "derped" eyes, it does not mean that she is stupid. I personally think it makes her look really cute, and adds to her overall "bubbly" personality.

Derpy is the Cutest character ever. In every way shape and form of the word cute. she is so cute, just above Fluttershy, she is at the top of my cute pony favs ^_^

(that and i like muffins)

Ugh, I'm not a big fan. *Cowers in a corner*

Okay, I guess I just don't see how her eyes going in different directions like that makes her "cute". And seriously what does that cutie mark mean?

I don't dislike Derpy, though. She is fun to find in the episodes.

Her cutie mark is bubbles. Therefore, she is a very bubbly pony, someone who remains optimistic no matter what life throws at her. Plus, bubbles float randomly, Derpy flies randomly (probably) due to her eyes. And she's blonde. Who else is blonde? Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls, of course. Voila, cutie mark explained. ;)

PS I still don't like her all that much. 

I personally dislike Derpy.

I just don't see how she can be cute. How do her eyes make her cute? Bleh, I don't care, actually.

I don't hate Derpy, but I don't like her. To me she's just an ordinary background pony, the only difference is she's cross-eyed.

I love Derpy! I think its awesome that we as a fandom can have so much impact on a single character they even decided to make Derpy herself canon! I view her as sort of an underdog. I mean, no she isnt such a huge impact on the show and she isnt even a main character. Shes just a background character. But she has this sort of presence that just makes you wanna smile. Shes kinda like Pinkie Pie in a way. All of her random antics just make you feel better. I would love to see more of Derpy in season 4derpy_emoticon1.png . I think she has a lot of potential as a character if they take time to develop her story and traits. There are plenty of other characters we dont know much of who we also love, and they have regular appearances! What about that stupid Angel  bunny? XD <---that was a joke dont hurt me sad.png

• Brohoof 1