Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much do you love Derpy Hooves?

~SadisticFluttershy~

How much do you love derpy hooves?  

204 users have voted

1. 1. How much do you love derpy hooves?

• Yes!!!! I Just love derpy soo much!!
    • No ofcourse not!

I love Derpy! I love her so much I have this on my wall. I think she’s just the cutest darn thing. :wub: Plus she’s a fun easter egg, it’s fun to keep your eyes peeled looking for her.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Eh, she's really overrated, but she still is pretty cute. There' better ponies than her of course, but it's not like I hate her. I jsut think she gets way too much attention,and you see her in about 4/5 comics/artworks, it's really getting repetitive.

• Brohoof 1

Another thing: Her colour and design are both terrible. She's generic, bland, and actually has the colour scheme with the lowest saturation and variance from white of any character. Her hair is bordering on off-white and she is GREY. GREY.

I can't say that I like her. In fact, I really don't like what she represents to the fandom. This was the first real shout-out within the show to the older fanbase, and it was squandered. I have no hate for the character herself but for what the fandom has done to her.

I think the Poll is a troll. I mean there are some people who love derpy a lot but there are a lot that are inbetween.

But yeah derpy is funny and pretty cute, sad that shes been re done. Dumb soccer moms Dumb critics

Edited by Lunastep

I think the Poll is a troll. I mean there are some people who love derpy a lot but there are a lot that are inbetween.

But yeah derpy is funny and pretty cute, sad that shes been re done. Dumb soccer moms

Sigh....

Please don't blame the mothers of the target fanbase. Derpy's inclusion was a mistake and she's behind us now. It's not the fault of "soccer moms" that Derpy was removed. It was the brony fanbase that made Derpy the way she was that is to be blamed.

• Brohoof 1

I can't get enough of her, she is my little muffin! :wub:

She is so bucking awesome! :wub:

The best background character in my opinion. She is sooo adorable in everything she does! God, I love her eyes! Everything about her is just so awesome! Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely adore Derpy! She's easily my second favorite pony, right behind Rainbow Dash. I even have this as my desktop wallpaper:

Posted Image

Whenever I come home and into my bedroom while feeling very stressed or irritated, I love turning my computer on and seeing this adorable face on my monitor as I log on. This image always seems to cheer me up a lot after a lousy or boring day.

I love Derpy so much.... Not particular reason why I do... but I just do... She is so cute and whenever I see here in anything... whether it be the actual show or something fan made... she just brings a smile to my face.... So much cuteness :wub:

Actually I wonder sometimes if Derpy has been touched by discord. I mean whenever Derpy is around, chaos seems to reign. Of course she might not be aware of that fact, or more ominously might know.

Although a tad overrated, I like Derpy. She's pretty cute, and her color is grey, but somehow I like it along with her yellow mane. Her speaking role in "The Last Roundup" is what make me actually like her. (Also how much the internet can freak out at once.) I say she's a bit overrated because she appears to be an icon of some sort when she's just a BG character, like Vinyl or Octavia. Sure, she is fun to spot in episodes, but I think some take it too far. Don't get me wrong I like Derpy, but not as much as some bronies.

• Brohoof 1

well yeah in a Derpy lover, however Bronies don't help by saying shes 'special' . she just has lazy eyes damn it which result in her being clumsy

also i consider her to be one of the ponies that are for bronies rather then the target audience much like Doc hooves ,Lyra, ect.

Edited by Devin McCourty
We could do without the threats.

I enjoy her as a character that we, as a fandom, created and then managed to get the show creators to acknowledge and even, for a time, feature in a small part of an episode. She represents a positive connection between the fandom and the creators of the show, and I admire that.

Beyond that I don't have too many particular thoughts about the character one way or the other. No solid headcanons, so to speak. But I do like to consider her intelligent, if clumsy, and strong-hearted, if at times a bit too bouncy or full of energy. She deals with her disability without letting it affect her lifestyle too much, and although she sometimes has to deal with strong emotions, she doesn't let them rule her. (I also, admittedly, like to picture her with Pierce Smoulder/Baldodumbrat's fan voice, just because I think I like that voice for her so much.)

Oh, and I once held a writing prompt for shipping her with the Mane Six. You can read a compilation of the stories that resulted from that here.

• Brohoof 1

She is the primary reason I never have anything sent via mail. I mean really -- the odds of you getting anything undamaged and complete in a timely manner from the Ponyville Mail Service is near nil.

I like her :D Shes just so cute and everything and she shows up quite alot! But shes just so cute makes me wanna hug her :D

And her one time apperance was pretty cool. Unfortunatly it may never happen again but she is one of the first background ponys who I actually learned the name of. And one of my favorite, Actually proably my favorite! Maybe I just don't pay attention to the background ponys enough or something tho so who knows.

But yeah I certainly have nothing against Derpy :P infact I love her :D

I could really care less about her, honestly. We know nothing about her, no personality, nothing. She is just humorous as a background character. That's all. (I don't understand why people love her, really.)

I think they love her because she is a character made by the bronies that the creators of the show responded to.

They gave her a voice and a 1 minute spotlight in the show.

This is pretty much an acomplishment.

I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER, I LOVE HER!!!!!!!!!!! Admittedly, it's difficult to explain just exactly what I love about Derpy, but I believe that part of it has to do with what she stands for as one of the greatest shout-outs from Studio B to the brony community, in that she became such a prominent background character entirely because bronies fell in love with her in the first place, and the show's creators subsequently began to show her more often as a running gag. Also, Derpy strikes me as being just a delightfully innocent, carefree, happy-go-lucky, somewhat clumsy, kind-hearted pony with a bubbly (pun-intended) personality, always ready to try something new despite her clumsy nature! I know that sounds weird, since we hardly know anything about her, but that's just how she's always come across to me! Love ya Derpy, now and always!!! :)

Posted Image

P.S. Derpy loves muffins, I love muffins, ergo, I love Derpy! :wub:

Edited by Batbrony