Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo?

Eenohay

Her full name is "Derpy Ditzy-Doo Hooves."

Most ponies prefer to just call her by her middle name as her first name comes off as insulting, someponies like Rainbowdash will call her Derpy if their annoyed or angry at her.

Yes! I always preferred Derpy over Ditzy. Now if only they would make Dinky canon...

But this begs the question, who is that mysterious mare Rainbow Dash refers to in Winter Wrap Up?

Edited by Apple Bloom

The name of the pony is Derpy Hooves.

Derpy Hooves original name was intended to be "Ditzy-Doo". Later on they confirmed that "Derpy Hooves" is her name.

It does cause confusion...the name "Ditzy-Doo" was used on an unseen pony during Winter Wrap Up. Later through the episode a grey pegasus with a purple mane can be seen bringing back the southern birds. That is likely the Ditzy-Doo they were talking about.

derpy is cannon

/thread

Derpy Hooves is most definitely not an artillery piece. x)
  • Brohoof 2

They never had Derpy as Ditzy. Ditzy was just a faceless pegasus and when asked about it, Faust's response was along the lines of "We had no plans for her. Maybe she'll end up being Derpy later if we see the need."

• 2 months later...

Derpy hooves!

It was her name in "the last round up" and itunes sucks. The original scene stays when the episode is on. If you want the fake nameless go to itunes. Her name is in fact, derpy hooves

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ditzy Doo was a name used in Winter Wrap-Up to refer to an unseen, accident-prone pegasus. There was no connection to Derpy whatsoever.

Derpy was used to refer to that particular blonde-maned, gray-coated pegasus several times, including on Hasbro's Facebook page, image names on their website, and of course in The Last Roundup.

However, interestingly enough, both Lauren Faust and Amy Keating Rogers have said that Ditzy most likely would have been her name, if the fans hadn't called her Derpy to begin with.

Can we all stop arguing now?

Edited by EIectrobolt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've always called her Derpy, because that is the name the fans gave her before she had a name.

Right, Derpy Hooves is her name BUT parents think that the name is offensive to the mentally challenged. Basically parents are being annoying again and trying to ruin the show as per usual...

They're basically being hypocrites, since what they did is said they have a problem with a mentally handicapped character being portrayed on the show. It is the epitome of intolerance and goes against everything the show stands for in the first place, and the worst thing about it is they hid behind children to do it. And now they don't even have the decency to face those that they affected with this decision. That is why they are to blame, not Hasbro.

Edited by SBaby

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so did any of you actually read the previous posts before answering? There are 3 pages here, in which everyone is either making reference to the same few things that everyone knew or they just simply argue pretty obnoxiously. So here's my add.

Before it actually became cannon in the first place (honestly, like that matters that much. People will always have different opinions. Love and tolerate, people!), Hasbro were deciding between Ditzy and Derpy. They didn't introduce her as Derpy in the specific purpose of choosing the name. They did it as a 'hat down', in our, the Brony community's honor. It's all here http://www.savederpy.com/petition/

So (according to the respective episode's writer) they received a few (I bloody repeat, A FEW) complaints regarding how offended the parents felt. The writer felt bad enough over the situation (since it seems her own kid is... well... you know. Impaired) so she didn't really want to have anything to do with it. She left it to the CEO's, which of course did what was the best business choice they could figure out. They censored.

What I'm getting at is, please, if you're going to talk about a topic, DON'T JUST ADD YOUR "SO I'VE HEARD, SO IT IS" HORSEAPPLES HERE. It's neither productive nor interesting. It's just annoying.

And if you're going to blame anyone, don't just post 'oh, it was the *^&% soccer moms" or any of that. If you feel like dropping a comment, try to be constructive.

So you're happy the official name is now Derpy. Good for you. You're on the winning side. It just so seems to me that you forgot the message of the bloody show. So someone else personally prefers the alternative. LOVE AND TOLERATE. Don't rub it in his face.

I know not everyone does that, mind you. Just some (which probably won't admit it even to themselves). Just think about it a little.