Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo?

Eenohay

(edited)

I've always viewed her as being Ditzy Doo.

Even though she was called Derpy in the show, it just seems to be more of a nickname than an actual name.

Much like how I think Vinyl Scratch is a real name, and DJ Pon-3 is a stage name.

Edited by JBeetles
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I like to combine the names into Derpy Doo. It sounds a lot cuter.

Shame about those 10 haters. I would've loved to see her as a regular character with a name, dialogue & everything.

*sigh*...but I guess we'll just have to be happy with cameos & "Find The Derpy".

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

What about Derpy Doo? I like that name the best :3

Me, too. And that's just what I have suggested.

"Hooves" always sounded awkward (And only works for the 'Time Turner' pony) & "Ditzy" sounds dumb & cliche. But "Derpy Doo" is adorable, adorkable, aDERPable!

Also, "ditzy" explicitly means "stupid" whereas "derpy" is more vague & could mean awkward, goofy, clumsy, dopey, klutzy, dorky, etc. Of course, it can be used to mean "ditzy" as well but it's not written in stone.

Derpy Doo also sounds kinda musical, like scatting....Derpy Derpy Doo...Doobie Dery Dee Dee...or something akin to Scooby Doo.

....or that stupid G1 "Sea Pony" song, only cuter....Derpy Doo Derp Derpy Doo Doo...

Derpy Doo Sea Ponies! That would actually be cute!

Edited by Pinkiesister75
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash called her "Derpy", so to me it's Derpy. :muffins:

I don't know where her last name "Hooves" comes from, but in any case it's non-canon.

(edited)

It's Derpy, as of "Last Roundup". Whether Ditzy Doo was intended to be the same character or not, she was called Derpy in that episode, so Derpy she is. As for the Hooves part... the difference between ignorance and apathy.

Edited by Sunny Fox

I like both names, but I prefer to call her Derpy Hooves. Derpy Hooves is such an iconic name to the fandom to the point where Rainbow Dash called her by her name in The Last Roundup. c:

In my head I see her as Ditzy "Derpy" Doo. Ditzy might be her official name, derpy is her nickname for being a derp, the fans call her derpy, but overall she is Ditzy Doo. 

• Brohoof 1

I used to call her Ditzy Doo since Derpy sounded like a weird name to name a pony (oh hey, let's call her Derpy xD), unless she was born with those eyes and her parents thought it was silly and appropriate. I eventually just went manestream and called her Derpy :P.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Derpy is a mare pegasus pony. Ditzy is a filly unicorn. They are not the same character.

I think you're confusing with Dinky Doo. Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I think they are the same character but with different names.

No, they're not. Ditzy Doo is the name of an offscreen pegasus in Winter Wrap Up, who flew north to get the southern birds. Dinky is the fandom name for the unicorn who continues to pop up as a placeholder in the background.

No, they're not. Ditzy Doo is the name of an offscreen pegasus in Winter Wrap Up, who flew north to get the southern birds. Dinky is the fandom name for the unicorn who continues to pop up as a placeholder in the background.

I see. Ditzy still isn't the name of Derpy. Derpy is the confirmed name of the pony. I think Ditzy should make an appearance in season 5.