Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo?

Eenohay

This probably has been discussed before (or maybe not)

Is the name of the pony in my avatar Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo? I've always thought it was Derpy Hooves, and I thought that everypony elses thought the same, but recently I've seen her being called Ditzy Doo many times. I thought her official name was Derpy, and everypony knew it, but now im confused.

So whats her real name?

her official name is Ditzy Doo, but becouse of her "derp face" fans called her Derpy Hooves

Pretty sure habro confirmed it was derpy, when releasing a preview to the Hearth's Warming Eve on their facebook page

• Brohoof 1

yeah, I still don't know where this officially Ditzy comes from

Other ponies tried to mold their fanon name into canon because they don't find the name Dǝrpy very MLP-like. They're convinced that Ditzy is her official name due to a similar looking pegasus being referred to as such in Winter Wrap Up.

Derpy Hooves has always been her name.

• Brohoof 1

The name was Ditzy Doo at first but then they changed the name to Derpy Hooves.

Also, this is taken from Lauren Faust's deviantart-page:

Q: Is it Derpy Hooves or Ditzy Doo?

It sounds like it's finally landed on Derpy Hooves, but you should ask the current show runners.

I can has citation, please?

I remember reading back in July, when Lauren Faust was auctioning concept sketches off, (She doesn't have them up anymore, unfortunately, for legal reasons) and she titled it Ditzy "Derpy Hooves" Doo, or something similar,

I guess since it's not available anymore, I don't have proof, so you don't have to believe me, I was just stating my personal preference...

Although, in Winter Wrap up, a pony stated that "Ditzy Doo" went north, to gather up the southern birds, and I'd believe she's talking about the same person... but it's not concrete proof

• Brohoof 1

Ditzy Doo wasn't really seen, but she was mentioned in winter wrap up by going north. You later see a pony bringing home the bird, but there is no remark that she was Ditzy.

To answer the original question: You can use whichever you want, but I prefer Derpy.

From what I hear, the production originally planned to call her Ditzy Doo, but then after the infamous animation error that gave her a derp face and the fans reaction to said derp face, even the production team and Lauren Faust herself adopted the name Derpy Hooves. I myself prefer to call her Derpy(as you can probably tell by my username :D )
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's fanon as well since there's a lot of pegasi with gray coats and blonde manes. As far as I know it's Derpy Hooves. If you go onto Fanfiction.net go to MLP and look at the character list there's two names listed

Derpy Hooves is first before Ditzy Doo. And as far as I'm concerned Derpy sounds better then being called Ditzy Doo right?

She's nameless on the show, everyone calls her Derpy though. I prefer Ditzy Doo because it sounds more like it belongs in the show and makes her sound more fluffy and light. Derpy Hooves sounds stupid and too... internet-slangish to be an actual official name on the show.

Basically, what others have said about Ditzy: it was simply a random unseen pony mentioned in Winter Wrap-Up. Lauren said she may apply that name to Derpy's design, but never actually did because she just isn't named on the show. Some fans began to apply it anyway, and so it goes.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty sure habro confirmed it was derpy, when releasing a preview to the Hearth's Warming Eve on their facebook page

Eeyup, they posted "Who can find Derpy Hooves in our latest episode? [link]"