Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Guns and Blades

deathbycake74

Assault Rifle: AK-47: Cheap gun, mags, and ammo (more powerful and cheaper than .223). A good one can shoot 3" or less groups at 100 yards, plus a classic wooden on elooks oh so sexy!

6.5 Grendel Ar-15 (preferably piston driven): AR accuracy, AK reliability and punch, with .308 range. A piston driven one cost a preety penny, though.

Sniper Rifle: M-107 A1: It's a fifty, nuff' said.

Cheytac M-200: With match ammo and a good shooter, can consistently hit a man size target at 3,000 yards (300 yards farther than the world's longest confirmed kill). I also heard it was more powerful than a .50, but that's probably bunk.

Pistol: Beretta M92 .40: Fits my hand perfectly and shoots the caliber I'm best with. Just needs a laser sight.

Blades: Kukri: Uhh... it looks cool?

Knuckle Duster: Designed to stab through steel helmets and looks bass to the ass. What's not to love?

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Favorite weapons would be....

Assult rifle- Famas (This weapon is just so sexy :wub:  ) Though the FRPS is a little high xD
LMG- M60 Large mag, pretty accurate. 
Sniper rifle- L96 Personal
Carbine- M4A1 Personal
Melee- Chains :ph34r: 

Edited by Retro✮Derpy

I also, have never fired a gun, but from my research and what I like the looks of, I'd say:

Single Action Army(Peacemaker)

Beretta 92F

AA12

Colt Python

M37(with wood grips)

Winchester Model 1887 Shotgun

Dragunov 

to list a few

As for swords, I'm going to post a couple pictures of swords from a TV Show I like:

51zi%2BWT%2BKjL.jpg

Limited_Edition_Highlander_Kronos_Sword.

I carry a blue Kershaw Crown, and for other practical knives, I kinda like Kabars and Bowie Knives(I wish had a good one of either for my collection).  

Edited by Shoboni

G__1023_HKG3_Side_720.jpg

I find the sheer simplistic look of this rifle to be incredibly beautiful. I really want one. Or at least an airsoft version of one.

Edited by bluetrace
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I would love to get an AK sometime in the future, for now though I love my DPMS AR with a 16 inch barrel chambered in 5.56 NATO or 2.23 (same thing virtually, one is just a lil hotter than the other) Light, VERY low recoil and a perfect coyote gun for the farm!

Seriously, you shouldn't look at a gun for it's exterior. What matters is it's functionality.

I've never shot a real gun, but based on what I know about the legacy, concept, effectiveness or functionality:

Assault rifles:

StG 44 - Father of all Assault Rifles, first to use an intermediate cartridge

AK-74 series - chambered for the more accurate 5.45x39mm. Cheap to produce, extremely durable & reliable and easy to train new recruits with.

M16 series

Battle rifles:

SMLE - 17,000,000 produced, accurate and fast

Gewehr 98 - First rifle to use the Mauser bolt action

FN FAL - 2+ million produced, battle proven

Submachine guns:

Are you kidding me? Submachine guns are hardly used in the modern day battlefield.

Machine guns:

MG 42 - Best GPMG design in history, German engineering!

MG 3 series - MG 42 with some improvements, chambered for the 7.62x51mm NATO round.

PKM

Rifles:

Dreyse needle gun - 19th century, first rifle to use complete cartridges

SKS

Sniper rifles:

L115 series - .338 Lapua magnum, extremely accurate. Proven itself on the battlefield

SVD

91/30 PU Sniper rifle

Remington 700 series - M24

Shotguns:

Remington 870 series - 10+ million produced, reliable and durable

Is that enough?

Lol, we need to quite calling every gun with a scope a "sniper rifle" or any gun that is black an "assault rifle", a true assault riffle is a rifle that has the ability to go full auto!

(edited)

I would love to get an AK sometime in the future, for now though I love my DPMS AR with a 16 inch barrel chambered in 5.56 NATO or 2.23 (same thing virtually, one is just a lil hotter than the other) Light, VERY low recoil and a perfect coyote gun for the farm!

Lol, we need to quite calling every gun with a scope a "sniper rifle" or any gun that is black an "assault rifle", a true assault riffle is a rifle that has the ability to go full auto!

I find this post amusing because that's one of the few fun channels on Youtube I watch videos from regularly. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 1

I find this post amusing because that's one of the few fun channels on Youtube I watch videos form regularly. 

Yea man, those guys are awesome! I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, hell I have caught myself calling magazines "clips" before! :blush: 

• Brohoof 1

post-23625-0-72492800-1393809999.jpg

Say hello to the granddaddy of the modern assault rifle. Weapons based of this piston AR system include the g36, the SA 80 or l-85, the 416 and 417, and the howa type 89. A piston driven AR, that provides the reliability of the ak series, but the accuracy and ergonomics of the ar-15. Considered a market failure, this weapon however, via mod cop versions of its piston system, are responsible for most of today's modern weapon systems. And it just so happens to be my favorite rifle of all time. 

• Brohoof 1

Assault Rifle- HK416, but the StG44 is quite a great weapon, beats an AK any day.

Battle Rifle- MK14 EBR, but I also really like the M1 Garand.

Sniper Rifle- M110, but a Barret M107 can wreck shit.

Shotgun- M1897, but Mossbergs have also proven effective in the battlefield.

SMG- UMP9, but most SMGs are useless, really.

Carbine- G36C, but I also like the concept behind the SG 552.

Pistol- G17, but M1911's are REALLY reliable and economical.

Revolver- Colt Anaconda, but for higher caliber, I'd use a Smith and Wesson M500.

Sword: Masamune. Too easy. But shortswords are also pretty cool.

Other: I haven't gotten into other types of weaponry.

Glow in the dark Trigger Knifes. Because they're fun! Also extremely practical for slicing warm butter. 

post-9921-0-91678000-1393811616_thumb.jpg

This knife: 

post-9921-0-70742500-1393811735_thumb.jpg

I've wanted a Nirk-Tighe for so long. :(

@,

Well...not really, my old math teacher has a .50 cal desert eagle.  

CC'ing that thing in public man. A deagle in .50 AE is just cumbersome lol. You can't thigh holster it, you can't hip carry it, and if you try to front carry it looks like you have a massive stiffy. 

(edited)

As a hunter and an expert marksman (competition purposes), I tend to use a 30.06, 20-20, Mini-14 (The AR used in Vietnam) and an M1 Garand (that is heavy, yet very precise) as my precision firearms, and as a sidearm, I use a Smith & Wesson Revolver, and a Berreta. (I despise Glocks, especially the Glock 7).

BTW, I have a 15 inch Bowie Knife.  Tend to carry it when hunting, god forbid something charges at me. 

SOON. Can't wait to get my own bayoneted Brown Bess musket.

And some paper cartridges too.... and a cartridge box... and maybe a redcoat uniform :P

img-729148-1-longland1.jpg

If this is your first time, target practicing with a firearm, let me give you some advice.    Where something to cover you mouth and noise, b/c that shit fires like a cannon, lol.  Did it one time, and felt like putting my head inside of a train funnel. 

Edited by Promethean Alicorn

As a hunter and an expert marksman (competition purposes), I tend to use a 30.06, 20-20, Mini-14 (The AR used in Vietnam) and an M1 Garand (that is heavy, yet very precise) as my precision firearms, and as a sidearm, I use a Smith & Wesson Revolver, and a Berreta. (I despise Glocks, especially the Glock 7).

BTW, I have a 15 inch Bowie Knife.  Tend to carry it when hunting, god forbid something charges at me. 

If this is your first time, target practicing with a firearm, let me give you some advice.    Where something to cover you mouth and noise, b/c that shit fires like a cannon, lol.  Did it one time, and felt like putting my head inside of a train funnel. 

Mini-14 (The AR used in Vietnam) : 

Produced 1973–present

waaaaaaaaht. nam ended in 75, and the mini-14 was marketed towards civilians. 

I've got a lot on my list

Pistol/Concealed Weapon: Desert Eagle

img-2367835-1-448914-desert_eagle.jpg

Assault Weapon: ACR

img-2367835-2-DSC_1203-1-1024x575.jpg

Those sure are fun gun, but BOY are they expensive to shoot!

Mini-14 (The AR used in Vietnam) : 

Produced 1973–present

waaaaaaaaht. nam ended in 75, and the mini-14 was marketed towards civilians. 

Yeah.....Sorry if i confused the year of it.   I gotta say though, its a very comfortable rifle, :D

Yeah.....Sorry if i confused the year of it.   I gotta say though, its a very comfortable rifle, :D

Eh, I'm not a fan of traditional style rifles myself, always liked the pistol grip better, and after DM school, I got so used to having a pistol grip it feels awkward to shoot without one. 

Eh, I'm not a fan of traditional style rifles myself, always liked the pistol grip better, and after DM school, I got so used to having a pistol grip it feels awkward to shoot without one. 

Well, that is true.  It tends to slip on me, however, I changed the handle and stock of my mini-14.  Felt it was a better grip.   Personally, I rather have pistol grips for certain firearms, excluding hunting rifles. 

(edited)

Assault Rifle: AK-47, but I have a total soft spot for the M-60
Rifle: .600 Nitro Express Double Barrel
Shotgun: SPAS-12
Pistol: AMT Automag I I I AND Mauser C96
Revolver: Colt Peacemaker
Sword: Cutlass, hand-and-half,
Knife: WW1 French Coup Coup machete, vintage Lamson chef 12in knife, Forschner 12in chef knife, Buck 120, Atlanta Cutlery Hunters Companion Bowie
Other: Nail files, scythe,

Edited by Dinos4Ever

(edited)

~Assault Rifle(s): Galil, XM8.

~Battle Rifle(s): FN FAL, SCAR-H, M14.

~Sniper Rifle(s): M24, SV-98, SVD.

~Machine Gun(s): M249, M60, PKM, BAR.

~Submachine Gun(s): Vector, UMP, MP7, P90.

~Pistol(s): M9, G17.

I also really like muskets, and I'm not a big fan of shotguns. :P As for blades? Eh ... I don't know any particular swords I like. The katana? ^_^

Edited by Sir Jackleberry