Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

On your deathbed will you think of ponies?

silvadel

On your deathbed will you think of ponies?  

55 users have voted

1. 1. On your deathbed will you think of ponies?

• No
    • Probably won't even remember ponies in 50 odd years give or take 30
    • While I will still remember ponies, it isnt something I would be thinking of
    • Yes, I will go out with a smile smile smile.

I think I will make the effort. They are such a positive thought form that I can't see how thinking of them would be a bad thing as you left this world. And in my case I think I will remember them many many years after they are taken off the air.

Lolno.

I will be thinking,

"Well.. this is the end of the line for me. Did I do well with my life? Was it really worth all of the pain?"

Then I will -hopefully- see my family over me, and die a happy man.

• Brohoof 2

On second thought nope... I probably will be thinking about how awesome my life was... And then I would be thinking about the afterlife...

on third thought... I'm going to go with maybe...

Edited by Dusty Soul

This is something I've asked myself many times. Glad to see I'm not the only one wondering this. Nothing has had such a profound and positive impact on my life as this show and fandom. Forgetting all of that would be like forgetting friends or family. I'll be thinking of ponies.

• Brohoof 2

Lolno.

I will be thinking,

"Well.. this is the end of the line for me. Did I do well with my life? Was it really worth all of the pain?"

Then I will -hopefully- see my family over me, and die a happy man.

well said...clap clap clap...I love ponies...but to have that be my preoccupying thought before death...yeah no...bit too obsessed for me

Unfortunately, if I ever live to be like a thousand years old, I doubt that the MLP fad will even cross my mind (come on, not all fads last forever, unfortunately :P). I'll probably be like "Thank heavens that I am about to leave this sad sad world."

• Brohoof 1

The show and fandom has had a positive opinion on me. I will never forget this.

But on my deathbed?

Fuckno.

I'll be thinking about whether or not I lived my life to the fullest. Whether or not it was worth it. How big of an impression I'll leave.

I'll think of loved ones, and reminisce about everything that's happened, both good and bad. I'll be trying to soothe myself into death painlessly and peacefully. Not thinking about some pastel-colored horses.

No. Not at all. My mind is filled with deep, intricate, complex things that constantly inundate me without as much as an instant of silence. I have chosen very carefully over the years what I shall think on my deathbed, and it is something with profound meaning and incredible purpose and significance. What I do on my deathbed will be deep and powerful, as a summary of an incredibly complicated and extraordinary life with closure being developed in a concise way with passion and true conviction.

So no, I will not base my final thoughts and actions based off of what is a phase, noting how my interest in things works.

• Brohoof 1

I know I would like to say that when I'm on the verge of death I will remember them, I will probably have more pressing matters on my mind. No matter what I will remember the ponies throughout my entire life they will not be on my top list of thoughts while in my death bed.

Edited by Like A Boss

No. Not at all. My mind is filled with deep, intricate, complex things that constantly inundate me without as much as an instant of silence. I have chosen very carefully over the years what I shall think on my deathbed, and it is something with profound meaning and incredible purpose and significance. What I do on my deathbed will be deep and powerful, as a summary of an incredibly complicated and extraordinary life with closure being developed in a concise way with passion and true conviction.

So no, I will not base my final thoughts and actions based off of what is a phase, noting how my interest in things works.

But you see, that is the beauty of My Little Ponies and Pinkie Pie in particular. Something like Smile Smile Smile can take your mind OFF that kind of thought as you pass on. If you focus on something pure and good you can banish the fear and maybe ease the transition into whatever comes after.

Are you willing to share that lofty self-eulogy you have intended for yourself (I am guessing no but it is worth asking).

But you see, that is the beauty of My Little Ponies and Pinkie Pie in particular. Something like Smile Smile Smile can take your mind OFF that kind of thought as you pass on. If you focus on something pure and good you can banish the fear and maybe ease the transition into whatever comes after.

Are you willing to share that lofty self-eulogy you have intended for yourself (I am guessing no but it is worth asking).

First off, I loathe Pinkie Pie. For the same reason I don't like little kids.

It's fairly difficult to summarize well, as the amount of thinking I will be doing will be absolutely baffling. In the last moments of my life, I would likely involuntarily have every bit of data ever entered into my mind on loop several times, at an incredibly rapid pace. However, my final words are much simpler, and I long ago chose these to truly be my last... The words "Credo en Deum", Latin for I believe in God.

I first was inspired to think about these as my last words when I read the story of St. Peter of Verona (No, I am not Catholic). While travelling, the man knelt, and he was ambushed by an assassin. He got up, and began to recite part of the Apostle's Creed, and somewhere in it, he was struck in the head with a hatchet. In the last seconds of his life, he dedicated his last words to God, and he took the blood from his mortal wound and wrote in the ground "Credo in Unum Deum", or "I believe in the one God.".

For a long time, I have set Credo En Deum to be my last words, as I final resolute testament of belief in the mathematical binary truth that is God. I have lived a very long nineteen years, years split cleanly between happiness and torment. I do not fight the concept of my mortality, but accept it gracefully. When I come to die, I will know that my purpose has been fulfilled and my chains of misery and agony will be broken. I do not fear death, for in death lies peace and happiness.

I hope I don't have a deathbed in the first placed. I'd much rather have a fast death than a painfully slow passing. But if I do, I wont be thinking about ponies. In fact, I'll have probably long forgotten all about when I once was a fan. As hopefully my death will be many years from since the brony fandom died off.

~~

Possibly, I do know that I've already promised myself that I won't be sad and pensive when my time arrives. Why bother spending the last few moments of something so precious as your life contemplating what was inevitable from the very start? I will enjoy the last moments of my life as I've enjoyed it all along, maybe watch Monty Python's Life of Brian and truly go out with a smile. :)

The only thing though is that I can't read politics in my final moments or else I will never "rest in peace". Maybe it would be fun if I left behind a fake legend. "Once every twenty years, Celtore awakens from his resting place in a powerful rage. He then lets loose a single horrifying scream, which echos across the entire graveyard, about the [hometown] record commentary section he read before he died..."

*cue Applejack's "OOOOooooooh!"*

Edited by Celtore

No, simply because I will be too busy enjoying all the macabre surrounding my death. I love my goth ways. Sadly, ponies are not macabre, unless its grimdark (which interestingly enough, isn't something that I like)

I must admit I agree on this...I am of the belief that all have led an extraordinary in their ways...I believe we become universally conscious upon the moments or time before death...what a lovely thought

I believe everyone will have an unbelievably profound set of moments before they die

Edited by Cupcake Ice Cream

You never know until your life flashes right before your eyes!

What if you said you weren't going to think of ponies on your death bed, but when you are in it, you think of back then: "I remember when I said on MLP Forums that I wasn't going to think about ponies right now... I was wrong"

Anyway, it really depends on how much My Little Pony (and the fandom) affects you. I will probably take this to my death bed because my older brother is a brony, and I'll think of the good ol' days when ponies were the only interesting things to talk about!

Now excuse me while I change my vote! :)

I HIGHLY doubt I would be going out with Ponies on my mind.It has made an impact on my life but by no means is it something my last thoughts would be.Maybe if I find myself reminiscing on my teen years Ponies may come up.I do hope to still remember all this when I grow older though

Edited by OdinForced

Depends on how long I was there. I would probably get around to eventually when I was recapping my life and all that... Laugh at it and all that then move on. Its not like being a brony is something you would obsess over on your death bed... the would just be idiotic... I would be thinking of something much more important thats for sure lol.

Couldn't tell you to be honest. My mind is completely unknowable even to myself; who knows how it's going to fuck with me when I'm near death. For all I know, ponies will be all I think about on my deathbed. :mellow: