Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Is the new Care Bears worth watching?

King Tryndamere

I see that Care Bears went through the same kind of change that MLP went through (made more for everyone instead of just little girls) and I like what I saw from the commercial I saw. Has anyone on here watched the new series? If so, what are your opinions?

i watched a clip or two of it on youtube, it didnt do anything for me, i didnt like the CGI, the jokes wernt funny, and theres humans in it, as i was watching it i just constantly sighed to my self and said "no, just...no"

I've seen it, and I can tell you that I didn't like it. Amy Keating Rogers(one of the writers who work on MLP: FiM) writes for the show, so I decided to give it a chance, but it certainly isn't her best work. Plus the show is pretty bad looking, the CG is just bleh... yeah, I don't think its worth watching much at all. :blink:

Think of the worst CGI you can ever imagine, add a bit of horrid pop culture references, and top it off with humans, and you have the great big steaming pile called Care Bears. If you are into that kind of thing, why not? I mean there was a big group that actually enjoyed watching Jersey Shore, so it is quite obvious that horrible shows can have a fandom. But I would not recommend it.

Well I saw part of one episode on youtube, one of the bears got jealous because everyone loved Grumpy Bear's cookies. Grumpy set up a roadside stand where he traded his cookies for other foods, so the bear who got jealous set up a roadside stand of her own and tried to give away sweets, and nobody ended up coming xD

I thought that most of the series would be as funny, but from what I'm hearing, I guess not. Or maybe I'm just amused easily.

I've seen it, and I can tell you that I didn't like it. Amy Keating Rogers(one of the writers who work on MLP: FiM) writes for the show, so I decided to give it a chance, but it certainly isn't her best work. Plus the show is pretty bad looking, the CG is just bleh... yeah, I don't think its worth watching much at all. :blink:

I think that when everything works well, everyone gets a boost in their skills...when it's the other way around, not even AKR could handle the fires of Tartarus :lol: .
  • Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure a Care Bears fandom will start in the near future. Then, it will be West Side Story Part II! BRONIES VS. BROS WHO CARE! WHO WILL BE VICTORIOUS????

Nah, but seriously, I haven't seen it but Care Bears is definitely not in my field of interests lol. At least with MLP, there were actual legendary animators who were brought on board that I heard of and that's what drew me in.

Heh... i recommend that you dont view it. it has nothing to do about its target demographic, its more along the lines of the open drug reference that was made. It was REALLY obvious.

Waitwaitwaitwait... A drug reference in Care Bears?

Lulz. Somepony link meh, I gotta see it.

That sounds freakin hilarious.

Okay, back to the topic at han... I mean hoof.

Don't watch it. The Hub's just trying to capitalize on the success of MLP.

From what I've seen, it looks like crap.

• Brohoof 1

Heh... i recommend that you dont view it. it has nothing to do about its target demographic, its more along the lines of the open drug reference that was made. It was REALLY obvious.

unlike mlp and "the punch has been...spiked"

but i heard not only it is going to be bad, but it openly makes references to openly liking the same sex and other strongly wary topics... i don't recommend it, plus, it's care bears... MLP had some okay other Gens. Unlike Care bears.

But anyway i'm sure everyone has heard enough reviews to know if they will give it a chance

I for one won't be, Plus i get enough ridicule for this fandom, i don't need another, besides this one is already the best one ever.

MLP 1

Carebears 0

Not at all, the CGI animation is completely horrid and the voice acting is generic along with the writing. Hasbro clearly doesn't know anything about us bronies because they tries marketing this to us mostly. I think it's insulting that the people at hasbro would say ''Oh, they like that My Little Pony show so ofcourse they'll love this crap!''. Seriously hasbro, what we're you thinking?

I've seen the first episode. The writing, done by Amy Keating Rogers, is funny and good enough, and goes beyond the typical little girls show (there are actually male main characters, for one). The CGI just kills it for me though. I could easily imagine it being as good as FiM if the animation was done in a similar fashion. I can't really judge it that much. Nobody posts the episodes on Youtube or anywhere on the internet, and I don't get the Hub. So, yes, I did enjoy the first episode. Does this make me a Bellybro or whatever the heck the name suggested by the Hub was? I have no clue until some cares enough to post more episodes because I kind of want to see more. Please. :(

Grumpy and Cheer are best bears.

Edited by Rarietty