Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Generations of Laughter

PonyKorra

Thunder shook the old wooden house that the Pie family built from scratch. Bright Lightning lit up the house. Besides the loud booms and groan coming from the clouds you could only hear the sound of a rocking chair slowly pacing back and forth.

Granny Pie was knitting some scarves and boots for the harsh upcoming winter. Her gray silver hair was put into a tight bun behind her ears and her tiny glasses sat on top of her small nose. The many wrinkles on her face didn't make her look old, instead it only made her look wise with a mind full of many memories.

The thunder storm didn't scare her at all. They usually don't get any bad weather like this and when they did it meant that they'd have to spend the next day cleaning up all of the mud and dig out all of the rocks. That was the only thing that she didn't like. What she did like was the soft pitter patter of the raindrops on the roof and the smell that it created in the morning. It was always so dry and hot most days on the farm so the slight change was nice.

But there was one pony that didn't like thunderstorms at all and that was Pinkamina Daine Pie or what she liked to call herself "Pinkie Pie". The little filly had her face in her hooves, her wild curly dark pink hair hid her head. With each boom of thunder and flash lightning her shaking grew more and more and her small shrill screams got louder and louder.

Granny Pie noticed a different sound besides the normal sounds of the storm. She set her needles down onto the table next to her and went to find the source. She was suprised to see her granddaughter curled up on the floor shaking.

"Pinkie,whats wrong?" She asked gently bringing her into a warm embrace.

"The-e-e sto-o-r-m is so sc-c-ary!" She stuttered tears forming in her soft blue eyes.

Granny Pie smilied glad to know that she wasn't hurt."Oh Pinkie, there is nothing to be afraid of."

Pinkie opened her mouth to speak but quickly replaced it with a scream as another loud boom of thunder roared and she hid her face again.

"Pinkie look at me." She moved her hooves and looked at her face. "Thats not the way to deal with your fears. Do you want to know a trick I learned to make your fears go away?"

She quickly nodded.

"Pinkie, you got to stand up tall, learn to face your fears. Then you'll see that they can't hurt you. Just laugh to make them disappear." She spoke using her hoof to brush Pinkie's tears away.

"Now when the thunder comes again I want you to look at me and laugh." She smiled."Can you do that for me?"

Pinkie smiled and nodded.

They both waited until the thunder boomed. When it did Pinkie looked at her grandmas loving face and they both started to giggle. It made Pinkie feel happy again and no longer afraid.

Granny Pie held Pinkie in her small frail arms the whole time. They both would smile and laugh when ever the storm would scare them. Pinkie eyes shut as she smiled suddenly feeling very tired.

"Pinkie will you promise me something?"

"What grandma?" Pinkie yawned looking into her eyes.

"Promise me that when ever your scared you'll remeber what I told you."

"I promise grandma." She shut her eyes again and snuggled into her. "Cross my heart and hope to fly. Stick a cupcake in my eye..."

THE END

Based after the Giggle at the Ghostly song

• Brohoof 1