Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Children's Show? (other than MLP:FiM)

Cherry Blossom

When you were little, didn't you watch a show intended for children? I've enjoyed plenty of shows when I was littler than ya'll. Clifford the Big Red Dog, Clifford Puppy Days, Sesame Street, Wonder Pets, Tele Tubbies, etc.

Personally, I love the Clifford series the most. I just want to snuggle with that red, giant bloodhound.

My big brother keeps asking how Tele Tubbies is fun to little kids. He keeps putting facts where there is no plot or a lot of speaking roles, and the baby sun.

Edited by Octavinyl

Oh let's see, I has a list for this:

Darkwing Duck

Tailspin

Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers

Bump in the Night

Road Rovers

Animaniacs

Power Rangers (the original)

Bonkers

Freakazoid

Goof Troop

Winnie the Pooh

Gummi Bears

And this:

Fun fact, Jim Cummings, one of my favourite voice actors, is in a decent number of these.

• Brohoof 6

Clifford, The powerpuff girls, samurai jack, pokemon, And yugioh were my favorite tv shows growing up.

Powerpuff Girls + Mlp:FiM = Bucking epicness

Some others are: Scooby Doo, and courage the cowardly dog

• Brohoof 3

Oh how could I forget Samurai Jack, Powerpuff GIrls, and Courage the Cowardly Dog?

I was just talking to my mom about Courage a couple days ago too (she loved it as well).

I am ashamed of myself for that.

• Brohoof 1

yeah... MLP isn't even in my top 10 :)

my all time favorite is a fight between Freakazoid and Animaniacs

but i always have a separate category for because i am a superhero fan so my favorite of them would be Batman the animated series only just beating the spectacular spiderman

• Brohoof 2

Hm... I don't know. Probably some Pooh or Animaniacs. Disney is just to good, atleast in the 90's and beyond that. For anything else, I'd say something from like early 2000's on Nick.

G'damn it, that's another one I forgot. Batman: The Animated Series. It was actually dark, and had that amazing style of having modern day inventions, yet everything was still set up to make it seem as though it was taking place in the 1930's, a perfect melding of the Batman styles.

And of course, who could forget these?

https://www.youtube....h?v=gf7Tbt9ewY8

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PI9HJ04c_U

Mark Hamill is best joker.

Edited by Vy'drach

UGH, I forgot code lyoko! I even bought a video game of it cuz the show was that awesome...

Man brain! Step it up, and I can't have you going around making me forget awesome shows!

Arthur

Darkwing Duck

Aladdin (TV show)

Country Mouse and City Mouse

Redwall

Veggietales (although I think those are movies... Pretty sure they were aired on TV at some point)

Blue's Clues (can you believe it? xD)

Madeleine

It's really just between two shows for me, no doubt about that in my mind, Moomins and Les Contes de la Rue Broca.To this day, I don't think I've ever seen animated series that treated it's source material in such a lighthearted way.

Chip and Dale rescue rangers

Courage the Cowardly dog

Digimon

Pokemon

Samurai Jack

Sonic The Hedgehog

Power rangers

Original Scooby Doo

Cubix (when I was really young lol)

Transformers

Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles

Ren and Stimpy

Goof Troop

Ah yes and how could I forget Denver The Last Dinosaur I used to love that show lol x3

(if i remember anymore i'll add them to the list)

Edited by Vinyl Scratch (Filly)

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChjeqfAGMOg

Besides the usual Cartoon Network shows like Dexter's Lab, Ed Edd n Eddy, PPG, etc., I always was very fond of the Looney Tunes specials and the Tom and Jerry shorts. To me, they defined American animation to it's core, and the episode I posted above is just a great example of how great culture can create a masterpiece.

G'damn it, that's another one I forgot. Batman: The Animated Series. It was actually dark, and had that amazing style of having modern day inventions, yet everything was still set up to make it seem as though it was taking place in the 1930's, a perfect melding of the Batman styles.

Heck yeah! I used to watch that show all the time too! Growing up with the comics, it was nice to see that kind of setting too. Futuristic meets the classic style of animation. Sort of like Final Fantasy going medieval with that steampunk style.

There was this one funny scene that I always refer to when I try to define the Joker's psychotic character. It's when Harley Quinn sings to him sexually for their anniversary and instead of being erosed or amused, he punches her right in the face and tells her to go find the Batman lol. That's probably one of the greatest scenes ever.

This is the scene but for some reason, the video cut out the part where he punches her. Edited by AegisReflector
  • Brohoof 1

Batman: The Animated Series

Animaniacs

Darkwing Duck

Samurai..............Pizza Cats (thought I was gonna say Jack, huh?)

Sesame Street

Digimon

Garfield & Friends

Dragon Ball Z

Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM)

Recess

Pepper Ann

Definitely not my favorites:

Barney & Friends

Teletubbies

Rugrats

Power Rangers (Kimberly was cute, though)

Edited by TailsAlone
  • Brohoof 2

Dragon Ball Z

I know I might just be whining since I'm a huuuuge DBZ fan, but can you even consider DBZ to be a "true" children's show? The only way Toonami/Nicktoons makes it air on their blocks is if they edit the shit out of them to not include the heavy violence, religious references, or risque material. To me, I think it's more gravitated towards the "young teen" audience.

How bout this one, Aegis.

And for some reason the art style looks completely different, especially on The Joker.

And how 'bout this scene?

It's hard for me to label something as a "children show" because I honestly watch anything I like. :P

But other than MLP, I have to say most of the Warner Brothers' cartoons. Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Animaniacs, Freakazoid... Ah, memories! <3

Oh! And I also have to mention Hana Barbera's cartoons! Scooby Doo, The Jetsons, The Flintstones, I Am Weasel, Johnny Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Power Puff Girls...

Anyway, I can't pick a favorite.

:wub:

• Brohoof 1

I know I might just be whining since I'm a huuuuge DBZ fan, but can you even consider DBZ to be a "true" children's show? The only way Toonami/Nicktoons makes it air on their blocks is if they edit the shit out of them to not include the heavy violence, religious references, or risque material. To me, I think it's more gravitated towards the "young teen" audience.

Maybe not, but it was on early in the morning when I was a kid, and that was the only time I watched it. ^^ Caught mostly the Saiyan fight and the Namek arc.

Maybe not, but it was on early in the morning when I was a kid, and that was the only time I watched it. ^^ Caught mostly the Saiyan fight and the Namek arc.

True, and it was a massive anime influence here next to Pokemon.

I'm still vexed that today, many licensees of the DBZ series can really only show the first 4 arcs (Saiyan, Namek, Ginyu, and Frieza) and then not even bother to go through Cell Games - Majin Buu.

Edited by AegisReflector

Invader Zim was the reason I existed as a child. I still want to kill the people responsible for cancelling it. Nickalodean went downhill after they lost that show.

My sister used to worship a show called 'Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go!' I watched it too, but didn't lov it like she did.

• Brohoof 1

Alvin and the Chipmunks is my favourite, and by that I mean the 1983-1991 cartoon show.

Are You Afraid of The Dark, the tale of the lonely ghost episode terrified me as a kid

My Little Pony Tales, I was checking out some of the old MLP and I don’t think it’s as bad as some say

That’s pretty much it for kids shows, I don’t watch much children’s tv

I've just started watching Adventure Time recently, and I feel the same way I did when I got into MLP. A bit confused after the first episode, but completely addicted and wanted to gush about it to everybody after the next few episodes. With it's animation, characters, wacky randomness, fantasy elements, it's established world, some adult humor and music, I am suddenly reconsidering giving my number 1 favorite currently airing cartoon spot to it.

Gravity Falls isn't too bad either, but it doesn't hook me like Adventure Time or MLP did.

As for childhood favorites, when was little I really loved Animaniacs, Goof Troop, Little Mermaid, Catdog, Angry Beavers, Rugrats, and numerous others that I can't name off the top of my head. As I grew older, I continued cartoons such as Spongebob, Fairly Odd Parents, Proud Family, Ed, Edd and Eddy and the like. I didn't like very action-y stuff such as Powerpuff Girls, Invader Zim or Kim Possible, which makes me feel kind of left out when people talk about how awesome they were. :(

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1