• Mac OS 9 (or older)
    • Linux
    • Other
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10
  2. 2. Kind of computer?

• An unstoppable monster
    • Just your average, modern machine - decently fast, but nothing special
    • A slow hunk of plastic that hardly deserves to be called a computer anymore

let me get straight to the point here 

this is a poll in which we find out several things 

do people on this forum use mostly windows or mac 

and what do people prefer mac or windows 

i have a macbook air running os x Yosemite 

and a alienware pc running windows 8.1

many people are apparently using linux so i will include an option for that 

Edited by DR0ID-P0N3
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I'd rather Windows because of its gaming. Mac just sucks for gaming. Also Mac has given me way too many troubles with removable disk drive problems that I desperately need for school. But I use Windows at school and will soon with the laptops we'll be receiving and use Mac at home.

• Brohoof 1

I've got 3 laptops, 2 pc's, all running windows XP.

...and I ain't budging!

XP? We're in the future now. Not sure how long you've been in that stasis pod of your's, Fry.

Please don't hit me.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really feel like there'd be any difference between the two for what I use them for.

I prefer Linux personally but I can't for the life of me get it to install right on my computer.

• Brohoof 1

XP? We're in the future now. Not sure how long you've been in that stasis pod of your's, Fry.

Please don't hit me.

XD nah, it's personal choice. I like being able to run old programs/games without the need of virtual PC, having my task manager/processes minimal (7 and 8 have like, what...100 background services/programs at all times?) having my classic '98 start menu skin, having all my old hardware run on it, and staying updated until 2019 with the pos2009 hack. I'll upgrade to 7 only when it's reaaaaaally necessary for me to do so.

Neither. Linux is, and will always be, the best as long as you stay away from Ubuntu and Gentoo (Arch Linux is the best, but new users should use Manjaro). Windows is expensive and doesn't work 50% of the time, and OS X is too restricted.

FreeBSD is good as well, but I go insane after a day with it.

Edited by MuffinSpace89

As a Mac user, I think that Windows is better than OSX. (Or at least Windows 7 is better. I haven't used Windows 8, but I haven't heard many good things about it.)

*cue sad violin*

I can't even play all the games I used to own anymore. No more Skyrim or Fallout.  :(

Edited by SpaceOnion

I code mainly on windows/linux(ubuntu)/android. i don't see the point of being tethered to an expensive product, really. i'm not exactly bleeding money haha.

what about making a hackintosh a cheap alternative to macs 

i think i should add linux to this poll 

Apple. For music, of course.

I got an Ipod touch 32GB to listen to my anime trance music and videogame OST's on

I've got 3 laptops, 2 pc's, all running windows XP.

...and I ain't budging!

XP was the best Windows OS, if I cared enough I'd run it virtually on my mac to play a few old games but it seems like it wouldn't be worth it.

I use MS Windows. I've never even touched the Apple OS or Linux.

You're missing out, Mac has a nicer GUI and I've found it way more effecient and fun to use.

Neither. Linux is, and will always be, the best as long as you stay away from Ubuntu and Gentoo (Arch Linux is the best, but new users should use Manjaro). Windows is expensive and doesn't work 50% of the time, and OS X is too restricted.

FreeBSD is good as well, but I go insane after a day with it.

I'd put Linux on my old Win 7 laptop but I don't see any reason to use it.

As a Mac user, I think that Windows is better than OSX. (Or at least Windows 7 is better. I haven't used Windows 8, but I haven't heard many good things about it.)

I can't even play all the games I used to own anymore. No more Skyrim or Fallout.  :(

Does nobody realize you can easily run Windows OS on a Mac? Just get parrallels you can run windows apps or the windows OS on mac without rebooting. I'm going to do this myself when I start practising C#. I'll also regain access to whatever games I had on steam, though I prefer console these days.

I like windows because its what I'm used to. Don't really care beyond that.

This, except with Apple. I like the way it looks and I'm used to it, I think the differences between computers are severely overrated.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 2

Does nobody realize you can easily run Windows OS on a Mac? Just get parrallels you can run windows apps or the windows OS on mac without rebooting. I'm going to do this myself when I start practising C#. I'll also regain access to whatever games I had on steam, though I prefer console these days.

Yeah I know, but booting off of my old hard drive causes a blue screen of death, and I'm too poor to afford Windows.

Edited by SpaceOnion

Yeah I know, but booting off of my old hard drive causes a blue screen of death, and I'm too poor to afford Windows.

just get it from a torrent website for free then later buy it

You mean steal Apple's propiertary software and run on it on an un-optimized system.

you have to buy apple OS X that cost money so why not run it on a custom pc 

but i give 100% full credit to apple for creating Mac and OS X 

as you know i currently own two apple macs

a mac pro 

and a macbook air 

what about making a hackintosh a cheap alternative to macs 

i think i should add linux to this poll 

i could, but like i said it will still cost me money and as a poor senior in uni, that would be like committing suicide :P

• Brohoof 1