• Mac OS 9 (or older)
    • Linux
    • Other
    • Windows 8
    • Windows 10
  2. 2. Kind of computer?

• An unstoppable monster
    • Just your average, modern machine - decently fast, but nothing special
    • A slow hunk of plastic that hardly deserves to be called a computer anymore

HP G62 notebook PC with 3 GB of RAM and 320 GB hard drive, 2.4GHz VISION Technology processor.  OS:  Windows 7 64 bit. 

An unimpressive POS, but decent for the price I got it for 4 years ago. 

(edited)

I've posted here before but some time has passed and parts have changed and more rigs have been acquired.

My laptop is an Acer. Model: Why did I buy this again?

Intel Core i3 3xxx 1.8 GHz

HD 4000 IGP

8 GB of 1600MHz RAM

120 GB ADATA SSD

Linux Mint 15

This laptop has a very peculiar issue of draining battery when not on. I may replace it with a high end mobile Kaveri rig for dat IGP.

My Secondary PC is custom

AMD Athlon 5350 APU: "Quad Core" kabini chip. Low power, more power hungry than an Atom chip but much faster than bay trail especially the IGP. Will be replaced with Beema should it hit AM1

Radeon 8400 IGP

4 GB of 1866 RAM 9-10-9-28: No dual channel IMC on kabini

MSI AM1i motherboard: Nice little mini-itx board

ADATA 32 GB SSD

Antec Earthwatts 80+ bronze 300 watt PSU

All put into a Coolermaster Elite 110 case with awesome (see non-existent) cable management

Windows 7 as Linux Mint 15 didn't like kabini. At all.

And lastly my tower 4.0

Intel i7 4770K at stock settings

ASUS Z87-PRO: Haven't really figured out the UEFI which is why the CPU is at stock settings

Corsair H80i cooler as my i7 runs just a tad hot

16 Gigs of 1866 RAM 9-10-9-28 for the few times I RAMDisk

EVGA GTX 770 at stock settings

64 GB Crucial M4 SSD

1 TB Western Digital Black

and the ol' 500 GB Seagate Barracuda makes a return

along with the 650 watt Seasonic 80+ gold modular PSU

Still got the cup holder and cig lighter

All still stuffed into a Coolermaster Storm Scout v1

runs Windows 8 because I mistakenly paid for it for reasons I still can't comprehend

Edited by A Blithering Div

My Secondary PC is custom

AMD Athlon 5350 APU: "Quad Core" kabini chip. Low power, more power hungry than an Atom chip but much faster than bay trail especially the IGP. Will be replaced with Beema should it hit AM1

Radeon 8400 IGP

4 GB of 1866 RAM 9-10-9-28: No dual channel IMC on kabini

MSI AM1i motherboard: Nice little mini-itx board

ADATA 32 GB SSD

Antec Earthwatts 80+ bronze 300 watt PSU

All put into a Coolermaster Elite 110 case with awesome (see non-existent) cable management

Windows 7 as Linux Mint 15 didn't like kabini. At all.

Hey! I was gonna do something similar like that too~ It was about $178 bucks or so since my friend was gonna pitch in his hard drive and I was gonna pitch in my spare graphics card. Case was a Cooler master elite 120 white, with 4GB of RAM and all that cool stuff. It had a biostar motherboard with the AMD Sempron quad core.

:3 Fun stuff.

Let's see, everyone marvel at mt potato!

Lenovo AIO with a 23" 1080p HD screen.

Intel Pentium G2020(Dual Core, 2.9GHz)

Intel HD Graphics(650Mhz-1GHz)

4GB RAM(I'm going to upgrade to 8GB next payday to hold me over until I build one)

1TB HDD

CD/DVD Burner

Windows 8

it's runs enough to keep me entertained. 

(edited)

Hey! I was gonna do something similar like that too~ It was about $178 bucks or so since my friend was gonna pitch in his hard drive and I was gonna pitch in my spare graphics card. Case was a Cooler master elite 120 white, with 4GB of RAM and all that cool stuff. It had a biostar motherboard with the AMD Sempron quad core.

:3 Fun stuff.

Yeah, the Athlon is a decent chip. Much better than the Celeron 847 it replaced. Does everything I ask of it with relative ease though I still need to test a few games on it. It cost me $136.45 for the CPU, mottherboard and RAM. The other bits and bobs I had kickin' around from the previous board. If there are any games/apps you want me to test, let me know. I got some time to do so coming up.

Yeah, the Athlon is a decent chip. Much better than the Celeron 847 it replaced. Does everything I ask of it with relative ease though I still need to test a few games on it. It cost me $136.45 for the CPU, mottherboard and RAM. The other bits and bobs I had kickin' around from the previous board. If there are any games/apps you want me to test, let me know. I got some time to do so coming up.

Heh, okay. Well how about testing League of Legends? x3 The build I was planning out to do (( which I recently changed since a new bundle came out )) was going to possibly run a few games on there, but nothing too crazy. Mainly older games, but I think the 6450 can handle that. Do you think you can test it out with the HD 8400 in the AMD Athlon?

(edited)

Desktop:

Intel Core i5-3570K with a light o/c 4.1 GHz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 670 on Dell U3011/U2312HM, Samsung 840 250GB, 2xWD storage drives, CM QuickFire Pro (MX Brown), Logitech G9x, Seasonic M12 620W, Windows 8.1 Pro Media Center

Laptop:

Intel Core i7-4700HQ, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 750M SLI, Plextor M5S 256GB, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Tempted to build a new PC, but difficult to justify the price. Don't really have any issues running anything.

Edited by Lunatic Envy

I have the worlds slowest peice of shit computer, even though it's brand new.

It has a 1.0 ghz processor, that can't be overclocked, and task manager says it's only running at .85 ghz.

Windows 8 32 bit

4gb ram (the minimum that can be used alongside win 8)

No graphics card (onboard graphics)

Nothing good can be said about it...

Heh, okay. Well how about testing League of Legends? x3 The build I was planning out to do (( which I recently changed since a new bundle came out )) was going to possibly run a few games on there, but nothing too crazy. Mainly older games, but I think the 6450 can handle that. Do you think you can test it out with the HD 8400 in the AMD Athlon?

Sure can. Won't have time until Wednesday but I will do it then.

(edited)

i dont know the exact specs but i have an idea

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

intel core 2 duo

nvidia geforce gt 610 with direct x 11

and some alienware stuff from a couple years ago

also 10gb of ram

and a 70 gb ssd with a 200 gb hdd back up 

housed in a box like this

HP-KA648UP-H24-KA648UP.jpg

also mister linux guy i wanted to try linux but not get rid of windows can i put the linux os on my ssd XD

Edited by Anto677

(edited)

CPU: i7,but mobile so not that great

GPU: GTX 560 but mobile so not that great

RAM: 16 gb of 1333,so yeah pretty good

Hard drive: there's actually 2 one 256gb Samsung SSD and one cheapo brand 640gb HDD.

17.3 inch 1080p monitor for full HD video editing.

Incredibly awful speakers I never use

Fully back-lit keyboard. Never use it but it looks cool

And that's basically it.

(wait, not sure if I already posted in this thread)

Edited by DudeGuy676

Sure can. Won't have time until Wednesday but I will do it then.

It's kay, take your time :3 But aint it lovely now that you can build such a cheap PC, mainly just get the AM1 CPU/Mobo/Case and then pick up everything else you have left over?

I have a two week old Acer laptop with the following specs:

• Processor: AMD E1-2500 Processor
  • Processor Speed: 1.4GHz
  • Hard Drive Size: 500GB HDD
  • Memory: 4GB DDR3-1066 Memory
  • Graphics: UMA Graphics
  • Screen Size: 15.6" WXGA Widescreen LED
  • Camera Type: HD webcam
  • Optical Drive: DVD SuperMulti Drive (Dual Layer)
  • Touchscreen: No
  • Wireless LAN: ACER Wireless 802.11 b⁄g⁄n
  • Bluetooth: Integrated Bluetooth 4.0
  • Card Reader: SD Card Reader
  • Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit

HP Notebook 2000 PC with Windows 8 installed.

It's a real piece of crap and I can't play any games on it because of it's crappy FPS rate and I can't even watch a decent video either.

I need a gaming laptop.

csm_IMG_6827_Kopie_f3274f5309.jpg

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

It's kay, take your time :3 But aint it lovely now that you can build such a cheap PC, mainly just get the AM1 CPU/Mobo/Case and then pick up everything else you have left over?

I like that it can now be done with low power components that aren't hard to find while still having plenty of umph to actually run more than a web browser.

I like that it can now be done with low power components that aren't hard to find while still having plenty of umph to actually run more than a web browser.

Yeah, heh ;3 And it's not exactly slow in terms of CPU performance either to build one now with one of the Kabini AMD's. It's just cheap to make the processors since it's gotten efficient, that's all.

Still wanna get the Sempron though, since it's a bit cheaper. But I also wanna tell people that I have a Sempron, since the most known one was the 145 Sargas I think.

But it's not a Sargas >:3

Yeah, heh ;3 And it's not exactly slow in terms of CPU performance either to build one now with one of the Kabini AMD's. It's just cheap to make the processors since it's gotten efficient, that's all.

Still wanna get the Sempron though, since it's a bit cheaper. But I also wanna tell people that I have a Sempron, since the most known one was the 145 Sargas I think.

But it's not a Sargas >:3

Maybe. Glofo's 28nm has had its fair share of issues, however the CPU package as in the PCB, IHS, etc, is smaller than a standard CPU package and they probably do a good bit of die harvesting to keep costs even lower.

Sempron used to be AMD's equivalent to a celeron. This was back when the Athlons were top dog and someone decided they didn't like "Duron" as a name. I do have the 145 though. I may have to fire it up and OC the fuzz out of it.

Maybe. Glofo's 28nm has had its fair share of issues, however the CPU package as in the PCB, IHS, etc, is smaller than a standard CPU package and they probably do a good bit of die harvesting to keep costs even lower.

Sempron used to be AMD's equivalent to a celeron. This was back when the Athlons were top dog and someone decided they didn't like "Duron" as a name. I do have the 145 though. I may have to fire it up and OC the fuzz out of it.

Ah, okay~ And go ahead and beat the crap out of the Sempron :3 Put a water cooling unit in with a good motherboard to support overclocking and run it like crazy! <3

Also how is the Athlon working for you?

(edited)

Ah, okay~ And go ahead and beat the crap out of the Sempron :3 Put a water cooling unit in with a good motherboard to support overclocking and run it like crazy! <3

Also how is the Athlon working for you?

Oh the sempron OC is gonna be a rusty's garage special. There won't be a return point and I wouldn't be surprised if fire occurred. Cheap CPU, stock cooler, cheap mobo and lower shelf PSU running on a bit of cardboard as the desk has a metallic finish.

The Athlon works great. I just need to see how well it will handle games. I know it handles Pandora with some distributed computing hammering on it with no issue and that's about as demanding I am from it. I also haven't seen the temp rise above room temp with the stock cooler. That said the IGP is kind of weak even in OpenCL tasks so we'll see how it handles LoL along with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

Oh the sempron OC is gonna be a rusty's garage special. There won't be a return point and I wouldn't be surprised if fire occurred. Cheap CPU, stock cooler, cheap mobo and lower shelf PSU running on a bit of cardboard as the desk has a metallic finish.

The Athlon works great. I just need to see how well it will handle games. I know it handles Pandora with some distributed computing hammering on it with no issue and that's about as demanding I am from it. I also haven't seen the temp rise above room temp with the stock cooler. That said the IGP is kind of weak even in OpenCL tasks so we'll see how it handles LoL along with Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance.

>:3 Blow the CPU to bits!

And okaies, that's cool~ Since i'm gonna be using the Sempron quad core, i'm not using the iGPU and instead will be putting in an HD 6450 i'm currently not using. It's an alright base graphics card, so it should at least be alright.

• 4 weeks later...

I Have an acer laptop i don't remember the exact model actually but here's the specs: 

Processor: Intel ® Core i3 CPU M 380 @ 2.53GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 2.00GB (1.74 usable)

System Type: 32-Bit Operating System

Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768

Its the worst if you try to Game on it Runner 2 lags as hell so does borderlands 2 even though i play Borderlands 2 on a resolution of 640x320 for it to not lag

i'll get a PC soon enough.

I recently picked up a new laptop for $350. Pretty happy with it. Thinner and lighter than I expected for the money.

ASUS X550CA

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i3-3217U ULV CPU @ 1.8 GHz

4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD

15.6" 1366x768

Uh... it's white, so that's kinda neat too. Maybe I could get a Vinyl Scratch decal for it or something...

2CjK20ur6llr55qz_500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...