Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How open are you about ponies?

Tiaaaaa

I'm fairly open about it. I don't have many real life friends, but I have told them. They either laughed or just said "Alright, that's cool." I'm not to the point of being up in everyone's face about it, but I'll proudly wear brony merchandise in public, whisle pony and brony songs, make pony related jokes with my brother in front of friends and laugh at their confused faces, etc.

I'm pretty open. Why wouldn't I be? It's just a cartoon. I often see bronies expecting their friends and family to get incredibly shocked that they like MLP, like they're coming out as homosexuals or something. In the end it IS just a cartoon.

A few days ago my little brother saw a pony video in my Recommended feed and put two and two together, asked me if I really watched that, and I said yeah. I watch stuff much weirder, trust me.

Well, I'm a closet brony. I haven't got into admitting that I am one to anyone, except for my friend who got me into it in the first place. I'll try my best to hide my brony-ness, just for the jerks at school who happen to pick on every single quirk that doesn't fit their 'normal-scale'

I'm not very open about it myself, but if someone asks I would tell them.

Posted Image

However, around one of my younger brothers I clam up like a closet brony. He hates us, HAAAAAAATES us!

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I'm not very open about it myself, but if someone asks I would tell them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Honestly, I sometimes get on the verge of tears. We have always been so close now he thinks I've betrayed him.

Honestly, I sometimes get on the verge of tears. We have always been so close now he thinks I've betrayed him.

I hope things can work out for you two.

• Brohoof 1

i wear the t-shirts around ,when i told my friends they assumed i was joking, now they're bronys . at least 20 people in my school are bronys but we leave in a few months for jobs & college, hopefully plym college got some bronys to make friends with. ^_^

Me too man. Me too.

tell him to man up and accept that people will be different. my bro and i disagree on ponies, religion, and much more, yet we manage to get along and be happy for each other, because we know we are each happy for ourselves.

Well... I'm honest about it. Not like "I'll announce this to the entire world," but more like "if someone asks, I'll confess". In some multiplayer-videogames, I feel it necessary to say "Brony down." whenever I die, though...

• Brohoof 1

Everyone knows I'm a pegasister, and I kind of like it like that. I actually get more respect for it. And people can finally recognize me as something that's not plain. I like being open about it- that's who I am, and I intend to keep it that way! -_-

• Brohoof 1

I'm actually really secretive of it. Every time I save a pony picture, I delete it after I used it. I have a folder full of ponies on Chrome, though. After seeing someone close to me make fun of it, I don't think I'm admitting I am one anytime soon.

Buuut, I am suspicious of that same person being a fan :P

How To Know If Your Friends Are Jerks 101

When you tell them your a brony, if they laugh in you face, a$$e$

They say " You watch shows for 5 year olds ?" they immature

If they don't care, their good friends

and if the actually give it a try

• Brohoof 2

Everyone knows I'm a pegasister, and I kind of like it like that. I actually get more respect for it. And people can finally recognize me as something that's not plain. I like being open about it- that's who I am, and I intend to keep it that way! -_-

I know what you mean, it's become an integral part of my identity and I LOVE IT! B)

tell him to man up and accept that people will be different. my bro and i disagree on ponies, religion, and much more, yet we manage to get along and be happy for each other, because we know we are each happy for ourselves.

He doesn't actively bother me about it. He just found out some pedophile on the net happened to be a brony and, of course, that means ALL bronies must be pedophiles! :ph34r: When he told me this I face hoofed so hard I felt like my skull might cave in. So he's not doing anything directly, but I can't watch ponies or listen to brony music in his company without feeling like he's judging me "holier than thou" style. :unsure:

I'm not one to go around shoving it in others faces but if asked about it then I will proudly stand and declare my love for everything pony . Only those who don't immediately right me off as some kind of freak are the people I care to ever talk to anyway :)

I know what you mean, it's become an integral part of my identity and I LOVE IT! B)

He doesn't actively bother me about it. He just found out some pedophile on the net happened to be a brony and, of course, that means ALL bronies must be pedophiles! :ph34r: When he told me this I face hoofed so hard I felt like my skull might cave in. So he's not doing anything directly, but I can't watch ponies or listen to brony music in his company without feeling like he's judging me "holier than thou" style. :unsure:

wait, one pedo was a brony = all bronies are pedoes? what are some of his interests, we can fix this easy! also where is this news of a pedo brony? also sounds the type to be homophobe, why not toss that in with a comparison of his life to a gay person's, wake up in the morning? yes? maybe gay, possible pedo... drink coffee or soda? not looking good... enjoy candy? this could really go on forever!

if you can't tell i love to take a huge dump on the parade of self-righteous judgemental pricks, especially those prone to assumptions like "one of social group 'x' was 'criminal or homo'? then surely all of 'x' must be the same!" i get a warm and fuzzy feeling from forcing people to reconsider prejudice.

• Brohoof 1

I just discovered FiM this week and immediately told everyone I know how awesome it is and that I can't stop watching it. Reactions ranged from "Isn't it wonderful?" to "...huh..." to familiar eye rolling. My expression remains one of a crazed Pinkie Pie regarding the subject. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

wait, one pedo was a brony = all bronies are pedoes? what are some of his interests, we can fix this easy! also where is this news of a pedo brony? also sounds the type to be homophobe, why not toss that in with a comparison of his life to a gay person's, wake up in the morning? yes? maybe gay, possible pedo... drink coffee or soda? not looking good... enjoy candy? this could really go on forever!

if you can't tell i love to take a huge dump on the parade of self-righteous judgemental pricks, especially those prone to assumptions like "one of social group 'x' was 'criminal or homo'? then surely all of 'x' must be the same!" i get a warm and fuzzy feeling from forcing people to reconsider prejudice.

As do I, normally. I admit, my trust in him has been shaken. Normally he is a paragon of virtue. Though lately I've discovered he has an idea of people that I think could be described as "purist." He doesn't like bad things such as over eating and drug abuse. However, he also views extreme behavioral deviation as equally bad. Things like alternate sexual orientations, or . . . us. (I wouldn't say he's outright homophobic however.) I think I can say he beleives a person's default "mold" is good and just has a very skewed sense of what is in defiance to that mold. I believe human's are inherently altruistic, but we don't come preprogrammed with the idea of good. If we did, there would be A LOT less discrepancies with laws from one nation to another.

As do I, normally. I admit, my trust in him has been shaken. Normally he is a paragon of virtue. Though lately I've discovered he has an idea of people that I think could be described as "purist." He doesn't like bad things such as over eating and drug abuse. However, he also views extreme behavioral deviation as equally bad. Things like alternate sexual orientations, or . . . us. (I wouldn't say he's outright homophobic however.) I think I can say he beleives a person's default "mold" is good and just has a very skewed sense of what is in defiance to that mold. I believe human's are inherently altruistic, but we don't come preprogrammed with the idea of good. If we did, there would be A LOT less discrepancies with laws from one nation to another.

a thought occurs to me, given this and previous dialogue, i'd guess he's 12-14? and also going to wager on christian, based on alternate sexual orientations being filed under "extreme" behavioural deviations. if so then pm me, this is not really the proper place for this convo...

No but I'll often make pony references in daily conversations:

Nice report card but it needs to be about 20% cooler

I bet I could beat your highscore in ten seconds flat

Of all the worse things that could happen, Obama getting re-elected would be the worst. Possible. Thing!

Eeeyup.

Nnnope.

• Brohoof 1