Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

advanced Pony Mystery Theater: Exit Trixie, Stage Right. (OOC)

Key Gear

Yes! I'm finally done with my first post, it's really late, and I have classes, I need to get some sleep now.

Also, the post is filled with cameos that I'm sure you would all enjoy.

Edited by Narutardedscum
  • Brohoof 2

Oh my gosh! D:

I can't believe I forgot to mention you! And, to think, I went down the list so very carefully… Yet, somehow, someway… You escaped my notice! Well, I'm going to fix this right now.

@@Magicon, THE RP HAS BEGUN! (Better late than never) :D

@, Dat cake! :3 I remember that from the last mystery RP. Once again, I feel so bad for Water Opal… He never does get to bake that cake. :lol:

By the way everyone, I'd like to give a big thanks to for helping me cleanup Trixie's dialogue and make it more authentic for the character. Legendary's tweaks really did add quite the sheen of polish to the first post.

Yay Legendyay Emerald! :D

As for the cake...I just felt like bringing it back for this RP. I don't think Water Opal will ever be able to make that cake unless he takes a cooking class...:P

• Brohoof 2

Also, who said I was just gonna make him flat-out dislike Trixie? More like toning him down a bit from the past one

Hmmm, I know we spoke on Skype, but I wanted to post clarification here as well. My apologies for the misunderstanding. When I read that you "were going to think about how you go about it this time around", I merely wanted to assure you that you could write your character how you felt like writing him. I didn't know whether that was to make your character flat-out "dislike" or to "like", but my only point was that, as far as I'm concerned, you were good with either direction.

Now, I would just like to say something for everyone to be aware of…

Look y'all, I'm not a very experienced RP gamer (I just started about a month ago). To be frank, I'm actually quite a bit nervous because this is my first RP game without having Arylett around to ask her a billion questions and make sure that I am heading down the right track. (Yes, Aureity, I know that you are here, but I would feel pretty bad pestering you given all of the things that you are working on at the moment.)

Really though, even if I had lots of experience, I probably still wouldn't think that I knew anything about RP games. There's always so much to learn about everything, and the more you know the more that you realize you don't know. For me, RP games are a brand new phenomena. I know just enough to know that I should wear my dunce cap and observe others carefully. So, that's what I do.

I freely confess that I don't know everything (not even a tiny, tiny sliver of it), and I welcome the ability both to learn and be wrong. As a matter of fact, I'm wrong all the time… Every single day. And... I LOVE IT. Because that means that I'm still learning. If I ever stop being wrong, the that would most likely mean that I am living life too safely and I need to stretch out my wings again.

Given all that I've said, I think it's nearly self apparent that I have an open door policy. If you are ever wondering about something, then feel free to ask me. If you ever think that I am screwing something up, then you should definitely feel free to tell me. If you ever think that there is something that I may want to know anyway, then you should feel free to tell me that as well.

Sometimes, I think that folks think of me as a sort of big, lumbering, intimidating creature that nitpicks over trivialities. (This Alicorn badge really doesn't help at all, I wanted a chicken badge but Feld0 didn't particularly like the idea at all, lol.) The reality is that I am a laid-back, easy-going, and remarkably silly person (those that post in the General Chat Thread probably know this already, hehehe). I am also impossible to offend and very difficult to upset. (And I always do my best to assume the best in folks…) So, yeah, feel free to be chilled out, I don't bite. Hah! I'm a chicken. I eat chicken feed. ^_^

Anyways, the only reason that I'm writing all this is just to provide some insight on my personality. Since I am hoping that this RP game will be a success, I think it's important for folks to know something about my nature. I know that I'm actually not a very active poster at all (at least outside of the General Chat Thread), so I may seem a little mysterious to folks that were not around earlier when I was far more active on the site.

Besides, telling you all some details about myself is only fair. I have stalked you all quietly happened to run across a rather large number of posts from everyone, I have a certain degree of familiarity with basically all of the players in this RP. It only makes sense to provide some details about myself, because I am quite elusive at times.

• Brohoof 4

-snip-

Don't worry about it. You are much better than me, and I'll quickly tell you how I don't panic each time I have to post some quality stay calm and get my posts down.

Actually, I won't, because I'm not quite sure if you want to know, but if you want me to tell you, I might as well.

I'm gonna start using some snip now, it makes life easy http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by Colgate Revolution
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, I made my first post, and I must say, I'm sort of out of breath. That post was the longest and most detailed I've ever written. I do hope you all like it, because I put some neat bit of emotion into it. And I even briefly explored the relationship between my two OCs. My hope is that you will all like Asteria enough to miss her since she will not be in this RP. And , don't worry. You're doing fine for now.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, I made my post. Not as detailed as I liked but Okay nevertheless. Added a couple of flashbacks, one a SUPER SPECIAL SCENE THAT WAS CREATED FOR DRAMA AND THE MYSTERIOUSNESS OF THING very dramatic one. That post I just made was easily the longest I have made.

Might edit to make more emotional later.

And don't worry Scootacool, your Feld0's pet alien chicken. Everything is fine. :P

• Brohoof 2

For my first post, I wrote the first part in the perspective of one of my other OCs, Leaf Shade, so the argument can have more of an effect. I hope that's okay? :)

I made Clarity seem like a jerk in my post XD

Edited by Clarity
  • Brohoof 1

Okay, I made my post. Not as detailed as I liked but Okay nevertheless. Added a couple of flashbacks, one a SUPER SPECIAL SCENE THAT WAS CREATED FOR DRAMA AND THE MYSTERIOUSNESS OF THING very dramatic one. That post I just made was easily the longest I have made.

Might edit to make more emotional later.

And don't worry Scootacool, your Feld0's pet alien chicken. Everything is fine. :P

Your kill was not quite as elegantly executed as mine, and for that, you should kill off your OC so that my OC is the sole murderer of the train.

I mean, well done! :D

On the subject of murderers being on this train... just be aware that, even if your character is completely detestable, it does not in the least ensure that your character will be the killer in this RP. As such, being unnecessarily grim-dark at this point in the storyline is just... well, kind of distracting, and seems a bit out of place.

Not that I'm against dark elements. Hell, this is a friggin' murder mystery RP. But to be important and meaningful, murder has to be lead up to. Just throwing it out that that your character has murdered people in the past feels like you're blowing your load too quickly. And if your character has nothing to them other than being a murderess (which I'm not saying is the case), then that would be a weak character.

Anyways, I've enjoyed today's progress. Looking forward to what the next day holds. :)

• Brohoof 2

On the subject of murderers being on this train... just be aware that, even if your character is completely detestable, it does not in the least ensure that your character will be the killer in this RP. As such, being unnecessarily grim-dark at this point in the storyline is just... well, kind of distracting, and seems a bit out of place.

Not that I'm against dark elements. Hell, this is a friggin' murder mystery RP. But to be important and meaningful, murder has to be lead up to. Just throwing it out that that your character has murdered people in the past feels like you're blowing your load too quickly. And if your character has nothing to them other than being a murderess (which I'm not saying is the case), then that would be a weak character.

Anyways, I've enjoyed today's progress. Looking forward to what the next day holds. :)

That's the point. I'm pretty sure i'm not the murderer

[theres like a 1/10 chance]

but I just added that in there for the drama. Heck, making stuff more mysterious is what I do >.<

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay, I've just introduced the train crew. Or, at least a number of them… Hopefully, I didn't bungle anything. I actually wrote this by hand while sitting in my vehicle which was, yet again, not able to start. I think I have an electrical problem somewhere in there… Anyways…

@@Aureity, I think that you will appreciate the name of a certain character. Vim. My tribute to grumpy, embattled programmers everywhere. The word just happens to have a really great definition, you see. :P

@@Dave247,

@,

@@Electrobolt,

@,

@,

@@Clarity,

@@Aureity,

@,

@,

@,

@,

@@Magicon,

I meant to remind everyone of this earlier, but I was buried by real-life and online concerns before I had a chance to put anything together. Please don't write for the train crew, I can take care of it in a way that will be most entertaining.

:3

Though I have to say, @Magicon and , y'all wrote posts that worked amazingly well for me setting up Springer's conflict with Vim. By the way… Is it just coincidence that the first ponies on the train just happened to be the passengers with rooms that are locked? O_o

@, As a completely unrelated side note, I have gained a considerable amount of respect for the crispness of your written dialogue. I feel a bit like a lunatic... Chewing myself out in a post. At least, it felt like that. O_o

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 3

But to be important and meaningful, murder has to be lead up to. Just throwing it out that that your character has murdered people in the past feels like you're blowing your load too quickly. And if your character has nothing to them other than being a murderess (which I'm not saying is the case), then that would be a weak character.

You're not going to like my character in the slightest then, just saying. :lol:

Anyway, for the rest of ya, I'm TRYING to make a post. I swear to god. I'll start tomorrow. :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Same here. It isn't easy when everypony here is posting GIANT TEXT WALLS OF DEATH in the beginning of the story.

Read at leisure, my friend.

:3

Everyone gets on the train at their own pace. The important thing is that everyone gets on, not that they go at any particular speed in doing so. This RP game is in the general venue of a classic mystery not only in terms of storyline but also in terms of pacing.

The RP will move in "phases", so that no one will get left behind. I can do that, because it's a mystery RP on a train. There are lots of key events that have to occur in order for the RP to move forward. I can trigger these RP events at any time, but my trigger finger is waiting for everyone to get up to speed. Until that happens, I won't trigger the next phase. In this way, I hope to keep the pacing under control.

No worries, you are not going to be flooded out. :)

You're not going to like my character in the slightest then, just saying.

Aureity… Are you trying to say that your character is going to be… Some type of killer? O_o

Whatever happened to the dainty little flower?! What happened to Rose??

I'm waiting for morning to make my next post. So, how should I go about placing my character on the train?

That's actually a really good question…

@@Dave247,

@,

@@Electrobolt,

@,

@,

@@Clarity,

@@Aureity,

@,

@,

@,

@,

@@Magicon,

@,

Just to keep things moving, feel free to write your character just straight up boarding the train. I think it's fair to say that Vim has given up on the idea of walking folks through personally at this point. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Aureity… Are you trying to say that your character is going to be… Some type of killer? O_o

Whatever happened to the dainty little flower?! What happened to Rose??

Scoots, you gullible fool!

Rose was Aeq in disguise all along! Ahahaha, that's right, my pony uses sunlight to make her, I mean, HIS, food. :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

I hope this doesn't seem demanding or haughty, but...

I wish people would acknowledge my character a bit more. In your last RP, when I showed Clarity barging through the Canterlot Mansion doors, it's only after I told everyone that, then they edited their post seeing my OC entering. I mean, I know I'm not some famous roleplayer so obviously my character shouldn't get that much attention, but just a tiny acknowledgment would be fine. :)

• Brohoof 2

Scoots, you gullible fool! Rose was Aeq in disguise all along! Ahahaha, that's right, my pony uses sunlight to make her, I mean, HIS, food.

Wha... Wha... What?!?!?! WAHT!!! :wacko:

Well... Uhhh... Errr.... Uhmm...

You'd better be careful… Trixie has weedkiller... O_o

I wish people would acknowledge my character a bit more. In your last RP, when I showed Clarity barging through the Canterlot Mansion doors, it's only after I told everyone that, then they edited their post seeing my OC entering. I mean, I know I'm not some famous roleplayer so obviously my character shouldn't get that much attention, but just a tiny acknowledgment would be fine. :)

Oh don't worry… I remembered that incident quite well. Take my word for it, it's not going to happen in this RP.

The other RP was… Much more formal than this one. It was also overly focused on a small handful of characters. In this RP, every character is important and I'm hoping that every RP player will feel like a famous RP player! :D

• Brohoof 2

Made my post, and now I leave it to since he told us all not to control the train staff, and the RP is getting even more fun by the posts.

Edited by Narutardedscum

Though I have to say, @Magicon and , y'all wrote posts that worked amazingly well for me setting up Springer's conflict with Vim. By the way… Is it just coincidence that the first ponies on the train just happened to be the passengers with rooms that are locked? O_o

I honestly wasn't planning for that. :lol: But, ok, that works too. Now I feel a little embarrassed to be on so early. :blush: Anyway, I'll have another post written and posted sometime today, probably later in the afternoon. Everything though is going swell and I'm really enjoying this RP.

In my last post I made it look like Water Opal was old and needed glasses. Disregard that, he's 20, and the only reason he misread the sign is because...er, nevermind, just know that he isn't old.

• Brohoof 1

@@Clarity, hmmmmmm, Challenge considered... :huh: Challenge accepted! :D Anyways, I finally did it! Now, I can wait for the others to post like Clarity or some other pony to go.

• Brohoof 2

@@Clarity, @,

Just a bit of a forewarning, one or both of your characters will probably be stalked the remaining duration of the train ride whenever Dusky gets free time from engineering. Which is… Surprisingly often considering that he's supposed to be the train's engineer. Go figure. Of course, he means you no harm.

• Brohoof 1