gaming Favorite Video Game Openings

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale:

I was seriously not expecting this to be the opening that All-Stars plays every time you start the game, but boy is it great! The action is great, and it uses one of my favourite songs :)

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening:

Every time I see this, I get such a nostalgia hit...

• Brohoof 1

Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade. Man, the first time you start that game up and watch this, it's pretty damn amazing. I mean, I was all like "Holy shit three land speeders", and then the monolith takes one down in a snap. Also, two predators in the background, just doing their thing. That got me so excited.

• Brohoof 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k1g765zMIM

This intro is SO EPIC!!! http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/wub.png Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game series. Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3! I love how Mickey is on the bottom screen reacting to everything happening at the top screen!

Yup,have to agree that was pretty epic the night it came out and i got it and saw the intro

I also like Assassin's Creed Revelations intro

final1356665037114.jpg

"Even the quitiest person could be the most outspoken one"-My OC

"Not knowing is the best surprise of all"-My OC

Add me on PSN,Fatal Crest_777

Oh dear Celestia, every time I think of either of these (both from the same game), I shed a tear of nostalgia. I used to play this game for hours upon hours on end.

Dreamcast Opening

Gamecube Opening

Edited by Mint Petal
  • Brohoof 1

Just your average antisocial unicorn.

Retired fan-fiction author.

Yep, I'm gonna throw one more game at you that you've never heard of. xD  Anachronox, an epic sci-fi adventure RPG for PC. Its modified Quake 2 graphics engine was old even for the time (2001) but damn, what an intro to what a game.

"Human beings fascinate me

Being just the way they are..."

I've always been fond of the original Smash Bros. opening on the N64. Simplistic, yet full of energy, and really nails the basics and general overview of what to expect of the game, showing off all characters (even the secret, unlockable ones), basic moves, stages, how characters fight, and even a quick representation of what each character is from their respective series.

Boy do we have alot to choose from......

we're just going to give the two top one for each of us and I'll start off :P
Metal Arm: Glitch in the system (skip to 1:45 to watch intro)

Army Men:Sarge's Heroes

Now my games are:
We love Katamari

Armored Core: Silent line

so ya you all could say we like war or a fun rolling around grab and keep rolling game :3

Edited by The Mooses

Fallout 3"s intro still gives me chills. The Ink Spots song, Ron Perlman's raspy voice, the Brotherhood of Steel soldier standing in the wreckage of of DC.

EDIT I can't be a person who rode two tucks and four wheels and not say T.H.U.G 1 the best skate game ever.

Edited by PfcRich

If your going through hell, find cover and return fire!

I have a few, the Dawn of War 2 opening cinematic with the Space Marines taking on the Eldar was just so cool to watch! When the Dreadnought comes out and just smashes the two Banshees I think I fanboy'd a lot which I don't normally do. Another one would be the first Borderlands game, I really like Cage the Elephant so when I that came on it was an instant like from me.

I'd say the most memorable for me was Links Awakening on the GameBoy Colour, it wasn't much of an opening but it was pretty good for a very old game, plus the game itself was awesome.

singature-2.jpg

I was originally going to do a top 10 list.  But it isn't complete yet.  So in the meantime, I'll just put three of my favorite openings on here.

So we start with the opening to Grandia.

Most people that had the PS2 version probably weren't even aware of this opening right away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4vaTlfvwnU

What would a list be without Suikoden II?

• Brohoof 1

A Winner Is You!!!

My personal favorite has to be the opening of Metal Gear Solid III it has that old school James Bond feel to it which sets the tone nicely and it is kind of sad as well and even sadder hearing it in the final boss fight.

I also like the Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core Intro

• Brohoof 1

I second FFVIII and MGS3

While we're on the subject of Metal Gear, MGS2 is another good one for me

Megaman X is also another one of my favorites for nostalgic purposes

I always get pumped heaing those epic chords in the original game and it only got better once you start the first level

• Brohoof 1

YAY!!!! Two MGS3 fans above of me!! :wub: This means that I'm not going to have to post the MGS3 intro. If there is another game that I'm going to give my props to....... It has to be the Manhunt intro.....

There is nothing much about it..... but to this day... I get scared playing this game. The intro adds to the eeriness of what you are going to experience playing. I love going back and getting a good scare.

ErrorMessage_zps9976425b.png

No matter how much you try.... you can never hit that f***ing dog from Duck Hunt.

I'd have to go with this old classic.

The reason this is my favourite video game opening isn't just for the nostalgia that we all get from it - I think it's a great opening anyway. Melee's a zany fighting game, and the opening just chucks all these iconic video game characters (well, not all are iconic, but you get the idea), gives them a good stir and makes a flashy and very enjoyable opening. It's one of the very few video game openings that I don't skip when starting up the game.

• Brohoof 1

Brutal Legend is by far my most favorite of opening scenes in any game i've played (i'm a metal head at heart) it's funny and it has Jack Black.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Sonic Unleashed and Ratchet and Clank: Future - A Crack In Time have fantastic openings. It's almost as if your watching something from Pixar or Dreamworks. The beautiful animation, the dreamlike quality of Charles Martinet's narration, and the haunting music, make it a personal favorite of mine. (For some reason, the intro cutscene to A Crack In Time was really hard to find in good quality.)

Edited by ultrairongorilla
  • Brohoof 1

5982d329dba8e_SunsetShimmerSIG7StandardSize.png.7ee9d00d794bf9266e63e54d07ee0bbb.png.8667d6f0244da7f21392f5b642bab608.png

Thanks to @Kyoshi for this totally awesome signature!