Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Spoiler] Crystal Empire Part 1!

Azura

I was just wandering around YouTube when I found this video.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=004Q5YamFk0&feature=g-high-a

Since it doesn't have a lot of views and I haven't seen it before I thought I'd share it with everypony here!

Edited by Cloud Chaser
  • Brohoof 13

Saw this breaking news on EQD. I'm surprised it got uploaded that fast! Well at least the first eight minutes of the episode doesn't give out complete spoilers, just what we know so far.

Props for Celestia for giving the newly-weds their own mural for what they did in the Season 2 finale :)

• Brohoof 2

It seems like Twilight is learning to defend an empire so she can be ready to lead her own, presuming the alicorn Twilight poster wasn't a drawing mistake.

Edited by Hat988
  • Brohoof 1

I'm not gonna watch it. I'll just sit peacefully and wait for 10th of Nove... Oh, who am I kidding?!

I'm glad we will see more Luna, although I think she won't play major role(at least in the first episodes).

Anyway, I think this is going to be even more epic than seasons 1 & 2. I just can't wait to see entire episode!

• Brohoof 2

On another note, Twilight is definitely growing up and maturing as these season premieres/finales roll by. She already knows how to be a tremendous friend and pony, but now she looks poised to elevate her game to the next level - which would be done by successfully completing this new mission Celestia handed to her. Perhaps she's on her way in becoming Celestia 2.0, now that I think about it.

• Brohoof 5

Ahahaha... ahhh... this spoiler. Is. Awesome. O 3O

The foreshadowing of the story is giving me goosebumps! Well, everything in the spoiler is giving me goosebumps, and now I really can't wait for November 10th!

Also, I thought Twilight going nuts again was funny~ xD

But there is only one thing I'm a little sad about... and it's a personal issue, really. But still. It killed my headcanon. ;~;

(click the spoiler if you want to see what I'm baawwing about)

WAAAHHHH! King Sombra (Sombre? I forgot how to spell it) isn't an alicorn! He would've been 50% percent more badass if he had some blood red bat wings to go with his blood red horn. ;~; And we would've been the first male alicorn, too. *flails about like a fish*

You know that scene where Twilight makes the Library fly in the air? Yeah, I did that to our house just now.Posted Image

Also, did Luna seem a bit... angry? Or annoyed? (Or both?) ._.

• Brohoof 1

Oh gawd, gotta love King Sombre. There are too few important male ponies in the series. :P

Can't wait for the 10th, fortunately not even 2 weeks away.

• Brohoof 1

Well considering I made the mistake of watching it... (not that it was bad, its that I just should've waited.)

I will now commence my thoughts on the preview in spoiler.

I honestly can't believe how much the animation improved. The shadows on the princesses added a certain drama to the scene that couldn't have been done without it. I thought that beginning scene was a great way to start it off. It seemed like something we would see in a major motion picture. The dialog between the two princesses was well thought out as well. I am honestly stoked to see what will happen to Twilight, because when they said, "It must be you, and only you," it seemed they were foreshadowing something really big.

• Brohoof 2

Holy shit...... IM SO PUMPED FOR NOVEMBER 10TH!!!!!!!!!

And that's one thing checked on my wishlist....

More Luna!

I waannnnaaaa see mmmmooooorrrree!!!!

Oh ya.... I have some more ideas for my OC story now!

• Brohoof 1

There was a considerable amount of Luna... I am surprised.

And needs more Pinkie shenanigans.

Wow. I'm confident it's canon. And that's a bit shocking. Thanks, @! It's a great find!

• Brohoof 1

i couldn't help but notice that Luna seemed either angry that Twilight was chosen or just didn't have much confidence that she could do it.

I thought about that and came to the conclusion that although Luna is reformed you might say. She still has a lot of love in her heart to fill from the trouble she's caused. That kind of thing takes a long time to heal from. Meaning that if she was on the quest with Twilight, the temptation from King Sombra to join him and rule with him in the crystal palace may have been foreseen by Celestia and thus, her decision is actually that of knowledge and understanding. Luna reaction is natural but Luna may not yet understand the intentions behind her sisters decision. Sometimes, although our intention may be in the right place, our heart may not yet be. But Luna has something we all have. The Power of Choice. The episode might still reveal that Luna chooses to disobey her sister and suffered consequences as a result.

Edited by TwilightCircuits
  • Brohoof 1

Looking forward to the premiere big time now.

King Sombra is a really nasty looking villain.

Spike is a pretty good singer. :)

I also couldn't help but wonder about Luna's reaction to Twilight...it did seem as if she was suspicious or even jealous of her for some reason.

Edited by PonyHag1

I thought about that and came to the conclusion that although Luna is reformed you might say. She still has a lot of love in her heart to fill from the trouble she's caused. That kind of thing takes a long time to heal from. Meaning that if she was on the quest with Twilight, the temptation from King Sombra to join him and rule with him in the crystal palace may have been forseen by Celestia and thus, her decision is actually that of knowledge and understanding.

Huh.I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps Luna is still susceptible to the draw of power. That s a good theory. I like spoilers, but this kinda raised more question for me and now I'm going out of my mind for season three to start!
  • Brohoof 2

Huh.I hadn't thought of that. Perhaps Luna is still susceptible to the draw of power. That s a good theory. I like spoilers, but this kinda raised more question for me and now I'm going out of my mind for season three to start!

I edited my spoiler and added something to help make it make a little more sense. Just thought i'd let you know in case it helps any.

• Brohoof 2

Yay, it's on Comcast so I got full quality! :D

No way I wasn't going to watch it, I've been waiting too long! I'm so happy, it was incredible! I can't wait for the actual premiere next week! :D

i couldn't help but notice that Luna seemed either angry that Twilight was chosen or just didn't have much confidence that she could do it. And whats up with the Lyra/Bon Bon mixed backround pony at the cafe?

I believe that particular background pony is called Linky/Shoeshine, she's been around forever! ;)
  • Brohoof 1

Without a doubt the most epic 8 minutes of my life.

Honeslty im surprised you beat EqD to the punch on this one i rarely see that happen ^_^.

The only negative comment i have is that the opening sequence didnt change, Otherwise everything else is beyond amazing.

• Brohoof 1

Seeing the pre-intro segment, I have to wonder if Celestia only recruits royal guards with white fur and blue manes, or if they all dye their coats as a part of some dress code or something.

Also, this screenshot:

post-2047-0-64046900-1351531323.png

Everything's so much scarier when out of context. x3

• Brohoof 4

I thought we'd see some changes in the opening, such as Spike appearing in the picture for Celestia or seeing Shining Armor/Cadence, but it's not a big deal to me.

Well for season 2 they didn't change the opening until after the first two episodes, who's to say the same thing won't happen for season 3? ;)
  • Brohoof 3