Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which Episode First Made You Love the Show/Become a Brony?

RarityBestPony

How many episodes did it take you to like the show?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. The amount of episodes you watched before becoming a brony.

• 2 - 3
    • 4 - 6
    • 7 - 10
    • It took me a whole season for me to like it.
    • After finishing episode 1 and 2

The first episode I watched was Testing Testing 1, 2, 3 but I think I was already a brony before because I did listen to Winter Wrap Up and a few WoodenToaster music. By the way I watched this episode first because it was the only MLP episode on youtube.

The song "winter Wrap Up" then I watched Dragonshy as my first episode,  which  also cemented FLuttershy as my fave pony,  it was the newest at the time. and then went back and watched from the beginning. :squee: I was pretty much instantly hooked on the show.

• Brohoof 2

I watched the first two on Netflix to see what all the fuss about cause I'd heard about bronies before that. Then I saw the list and saw the name Dragonshy and since I love dragons thought I'd watch til there, and then I was hooked, so Dragonshy.

• Brohoof 1

First one I watched was The Last Roundup. After that I sorta researched more about the fandom (cue the cries of NERD!) And decided that I could totally get into this.

And now I'm here c:

If I remember correctly, I became a brony when season 1 episodes were almost finished airing for the first time. I started with the very first episode, Friendship is Magic - Part 1. I was very skeptical before I started watching it, but after I finished part 1 I was very intrigued. By the time I had finished Friendship is Magic - Part 2, I was in love with the show.

I watched the rest of the season 1 episodes in order very quickly, and I have watched all of the new episodes in order ever since. My love for the show started at its beginning, and it has only continued to grow over time as the show continues to progress.

For reasons I shall never know, I was simply aware of the growing fandom back in early 2013. One fateful day, I gave the theme song a listen. I could already tell that I was wrong about the show from the quality of the vocals. I was intrigued, and jumped straight into the top suggestion of 'My Little Pony'. I remember watching Keep Calm and Flutter On and going "who the fuck is this?" when Discord was freed.

I was throughly shocked by the writing quality, captivating characters. Therefore, I felt compelled to go in chronological order. Friendship is Magic Parts 1 and 2 left me even more impressed and I think Look Before You Sleep was the turning point and I said that the show was awesome. Naturally, I became a brony then.

I can't remember exactly when, was it when Pinkie goes insane for the first time, or when Fluttershy goes mad for the first time? I don't know.

But looking back again, I still remember the claims of Fluttershy as my waifu and I remembered the manticore moment at the Pilot - Part 2 Ep that was a HNNGGG moment. That's was definitely the moment to sealed the deal.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, it took me until Winter Wrap Up to fall in love with the show. The lesson in it really pertained to me. Spike's lines were just Hilarious! And even the song in it was really good. It remains my favorite, after this day Aria of course.

mmh hard to say,but the episode that really made me go from "why the f do i like this" to "this is actually pretty good" was "Dragonshy"

if it has Dragons in it, then there is no need to be ashamed.

I can't say that it was a specific episode that attract me to watch the show , it was the clips and fan sub that attract me( some of the fans are doing amazing work). but yes , I started to watch from first chapter and I liked it ,so well,  I think it is the chapter 1 and 2 that make me start loving the show.

• 1 year later...

No episode in particular got me invested into the fandom.

I just remember watching a full season and thinking "Wow. This is really awesome"

Season 1 episode 3. It was actually when Twilight was fleeing and this pretty nice music started to play. Funnily enough, it was that music that got me to stick around. 

When I first started watching the series in the summer of 2013, it was out of a morbid curiosity to see what all the hype was about. I went in not wanting to like it, and as such it took awhile for me to warm up to most aspects of the show, though Fluttershy and Pinkie managed to endear themselves to me right away through cuteness and comedy, respectively. The first episode I remember thoroughly enjoying from start to finish was Feeling Pinkie Keen, as it employed Looney Tunes style comedy that was more in my comfort zone than most of what the series had presented thus far. However, it wasn't until I went back and started listening to Winter Wrap Up and Art of the Dress again and again that I started to fall in love with the series. The latter song deserves particular credit, as at some point its thematic depth started to click and I realized that some episodes were actually providing not merely entertainment, but genuine substance worthy of analysis.

I don't remember exactly when I decided to be a brony. I know I loved the show from the first couple of episodes, but the episode that always really stood out to me was Putting Your Hoof Down. I think that's when I really started looking at the show differently and thinking about how awesome it is. I don't know for sure if that's the episode that made me a brony, but it would be my best guess. 

I was becoming slightly fond of the show at the time I joined the fandom anyway, but after watching both of the Cutie Map episodes (one one after, but I cannot remember which one), I really grew to love and decided to actually check out some more episodes. So... I guess, technically, those were the three episodes which  actually got me hooked. :)

Edited by Wolves

I think over a barrel (one of my favorite season 1 episodes and most watched) was the episode when I thought "yeah, looks like I'm in for the long run". From the first episode though (once I skipped the intro) as the episode ended I just rushed to the next before thinking "I love this show" and just watched more and more, all started because I was bored one night after going through all my youtube subscriptions (and because I was playing pony mods of games loads before hand and seeing the show has some really cool lore).