Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ALICORNS EXPLAI-NAH

Party Cannon

Yeah, perhaps she wasn't the original crystal princess, because, If she ruled and then king sombre took over, how would she suddenly end up in canterlot with Celestia and Luna?

Yeah, that would explain why she is so young and yet has lived for over 1000 years. Also, nightmare moon seemed to be the same age as Celestia, or at least the same height. I personally think that Luna and Celestia's abilities come with a price. They have to control them. Because you see, Rarity got jealous and she didn't turn into nightmare moon. But when Luna got jealous, she transformed and got trapped in the moon. I think that the power the sisters hold can either be good or bad. Luna couldn't control hers, (keeping in mind that she was so young and it would have been hard for her) Luna couldn't control her powers and turned evil. I actually think that Luna might be two different people in one. The fact that Night mare moon is much older suggests that perhaps Nightmare moon has been around for quite some time, more time than Luna has. Or perhaps Nightmare moon is the same age but she only looks older because the evil version has more power. Or maybe I'm just thinking about this a little too much. I'm gonna go get something to eat now.

NMM, according to Faust atleast, was the result of an outside influence taking advatage of Luna's envious feelings of her sister. So that more than makes sense for her not to have started aging again until that outside influence was finally removed from her.

NMM, according to Faust atleast, was the result of an outside influence taking advatage of Luna's envious feelings of her sister. So that more than makes sense for her not to have started aging again until that outside influence was finally removed from her.

Outside influence? Is that like a virus or something? Or like, is it a person who possessed her? But then, how did she turn back on purpose like twilight told her to on nightmare night? If you go back to the episode Luna Eclipsed, you'll see that near the end, she turns into nightmare moon on purpose and then turns back and takes out her fake fangs.

I'm glad this is now a item of discussion, as it is such a big unaddressed mystery. What's going to mess it up even more or perhaps finally illuminate it is that episode coming up with the horses:

(0:21)

Edited by Party Cannon

Maybe alicorns are created, not born? Like it's a rare stage of enlightenment?

I only mention this because of foreshadowing Luna and Celestia was talking about in the first episode of season 3. They're preparing Twilight for something...maybe she'll become an ailcorn as a result so there would be a true heir to rulers of Equestria?

Outside influence? Is that like a virus or something? Or like, is it a person who possessed her? But then, how did she turn back on purpose like twilight told her to on nightmare night? If you go back to the episode Luna Eclipsed, you'll see that near the end, she turns into nightmare moon on purpose and then turns back and takes out her fake fangs.

It's never elaborated on what that outside influence is.

And she just shapeshifts into NNM. Just changes her appearance, she doesn't have the powers.

Luna mentioned to Twilight that she is greatful that she and her friends cleansed her of her dark powers in the episode actually.

I always figured, with the placement of Celestia during ceremonies and how she's always the head of stuff, her creation was sort of a godish thing... (That will never be cannon) But some creature that moves the moon and the stars to their bidding? And casting the powerhungry sata.... Luna.. down from her high horse, so to speak? Seems godish.

Another theory, revolving simply around Cadance and why y'all think she is HALF alicorn... I don't think so. I imagine that her kingdom is that of the Crystal Ponies and she herself is a Crystal Alicorn, but that like every pony who walks from the kingdom, doesn't look it unless she's there.

The submission of this is brought on by the fact that the other two alicorn's we've met, Luna and Celestia, have cutie marks that suit their function as RULERS of their kingdom and that Cadance's is that which could very easily suit hers as ruler of the Crystal Empire.

Keep in mind, that though these are the only two empires we've heard of (assuming the Changelings are freelancing bad guys) doesn't mean they're the only ones. The fact that there are TWO (Though one was considered lost) is groundbreaking enough!

• Brohoof 2

post-9679-0-09545800-1352873488.jpg

Next to Celestia are what I think might be horses. :blink: I sure hope they aren't horse, because if they were, as you stated before, it would ruin the show completely. Horses are ponies that have grown up. The whole concept of Granny Smith being a pony would fall apart. I dunno, but these creatures, whatever they are, they aren't ponies and if they aren't ponies, what else could they be??? I'm praying that they are just good-looking donkeys.

Hey y'all! I have really enjoyed this debate about alicorns, it is really interesting, but I don't think you'll be hearing much more from me because I'm going on holiday soon. Bye! And sorry for wasting your time with this completely irrelevant post.

• Brohoof 1

I already made a discussion in relation to the apparently cutie markless equines that are coming up. http://mlpforums.com/topic/38841-spoiler-could-they-be-from-saddle-arabia/ I don't think this guys have anything to do with Alicorns. Unless we decide to start taling about theories on the longterm process of evolution involving how the magical equines of Equestria's world could've decended from this guys' species. :P

I don't think we can say who is correct because the show hasn't specified anything about alicorns.

Thank you

Well, even in humans, when you are an adult, you stop growing. If I pretend that twilight was 4 human years old in her flash back and Celestia was 30 human years old, then we can say that now twilight is 14 human years old and Celstia is 40 human years old. Between the age of 4 to 14, you grow alot. Between the age of 30 and 40, you don't grow at all. I assume that pony years are much different to human years but if they are any similar, between 10 years, different individuals grow at different rates. Therefore, just because Celestia looked the same in the flashback, it doesn't mean she is immortal.

In Greek myths, Gods age to a certain point and then just remain that way for all of eternity. And I don't know if I can believe your proof for your theory when you say Celestia is 30 or 40.

Now, I don't know how old Celestia is. She could be 20 human years or 90 human years. Granny Smith is an old pony, you can tell by her grey hair. Surely Celestia would have grey hair by now! But wait, I think perhaps the reason Celestia isn't aging is because she is an alicorn. Her hair is all wavy and moves as if the wind was blowing it, even if she is standing inside. Perhaps it isn't possible for her hair to turn grey. What about wrinkles? Well, her body is much different from other ponies. She is incredibly tall and incredibly skinny. Perhaps her alicorn skin can't get wrinkles. Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's maybeline. Sorry, had to put that in there.

Over 1000 years. She's either immortal or the closest thing to it.

I like to believe that Luna and Celestia are exactly the same in ability, just different in age. Celestia hasn't seemed to age, while Luna has. In the first episode where she appeared as nightmare moon, after the mane 6 defeated her, she returned to normal. In that episode she was just a filly and her hair wasn't all wavy. Recently, she has developed Celestia's hair and is much taller than she was in season 1. She is aging. I believe that Celestia is get older, but it isn't showing. Neither Luna nor Celestia is immrtal in my opinion.

That's actually a really good theory. I'd like you to refer to my earlier point about aging then stopping before you say it means they're not immortal, though.

I believe that Cadence is different to Celestia and Luna because I believe Cadence is half alicorn, half crystal pony. Twilight reads a history book in the episode and says that the princess who ruled before king sombre had a fair every year. This make sure that a princess did rule before king sombre. When spike drops the crystal heart and Cadence flys and catches it, a pony in the crowd says "Look, it's the crystal prirncess!"

For a while now I have been trying to understand Cadence's cutie mark. If you pause the show at where she grabs the crystal heart, you will be able to see that clearly the Cadence's cutie mark is a picture of the crystal heart.

This isn't for you, it's for other people: Celestia and Luna might've taken Cadance away to Canterlot after they defeated Somba 1000 years ago, since her kingdom disappeared. That could be how she ended up there. I'm hoping she was the original princess.

Now also, I believe that Cadence is only half alicorn because I would imagine she is much older than Luna, yet she is not much taller than Luna.

I actually imagine her being around the same age. Maybe older by a few years, but..

So, yeah. We all get to have our own opinion, there's mine.

• Brohoof 1

Reading this thread shows me that some people don't recognize that Luna and Celestia are at least 1000 years old... >.>

You could say "Luna was trapped in the moon 1000 years as NMM, it could've been like a stasis deal or something." But Celestial ruled and took over the moon for 1000 years after that, etc. etc. I believe Cadence is mortal unlike them, but... Luna and Celestial either have a huge lifespan or live forever. >_>

But anyway, I would like some clarity on the subject of alicorns in canon from the show. Or stated by Hasbro.

Edited by Mu Nova

Reading this thread shows me that some people don't recognize that Luna and Celestial are at least 1000 years old... >.>

You could say "Luna was trapped in the moon 1000 years as NMM, it could've been like a stasis deal or something." But Celestial ruled and took over the moon for 1000 years after that, etc. etc. I believe Cadence is mortal unlike them, but... Luna and Celestial either have a huge lifespan or live forever. >_>

But anyway, I would like some clarity on the subject of alicorns in canon from the show. Or stated by Hasbro.

Contrary to your beliefs, I believe Luna and Celestia are immortal until over kiled by a pony more powerful, they lose their power, the weaker they are the more prone to death they are.
  • Brohoof 1

Reading this thread shows me that some people don't recognize that Luna and Celestia are at least 1000 years old... >.>

For Luna, chronologically speaking only, she's 1000 years old at least. But if her aging process was tampered due to the banishment and the being possesed by NMM she could as well even be younger than the Mane Six physically.

But this is just looking at it from the POV of a possibility as canon hasn't stated anything in relation to this subject, or the stages of an alicorn's life.

And I don't think anyone is questioning Celestia. She for certain is at least a millenium old. What I understand was being discussed on her in relationship to her age, is what would be the maturity age appearance alicorns would stay with if they truly are immortal. Much, like again I mention, the Elves in LOTR having their maturity age being 50 and looking like that age for the rest of their existence.

Take into consideration that alicorn growth rates aren't quite obvious: In the time it took for Twilight to gow up, Cadence did. We don't know if she's full alicorn or not. I'm not sure about the S3 defeat-sombra-w/-elements flashback showed Luna as an adult, but I think I did show. Therefore, Luna's s1 free-from-NMM was either an age reversal or a depowered form. As we saw almost nil of Luna outside her feature episode (I assume she's just in Canterlot, but maybe she hasn't been getting much attention and has minimal non-nightlife activity from being nocturnal or something), other than the fact that the growth/tranformation took about the time for s1 to transit to s2, although no explanation as to why Luna doesn't go to the Gala is given even though it would make perfect sense for her to be at a nighttime event like the Gala unless she still had really bad press, Celestia planned the Mane 6 and wanted Luna safe, or she just did not want to go.

If the flashback showed Luna in her small form, then we assume that (depending on distance from Sombra incident to NMM, allowing space for Discord 's chaos screwing w/ reality) it takes however long it was between the beginning of the incidents 1000 yrs ago to Luna Eclipsed maximum to do the form transition, with the minimum being as soon as Celestia and Luna returned to Canterlot if Luna grew up, depowered/age reversed, and grows up again.

I assume that alicorn magic connecting Celestia and Luna deeply enough w/ respective celestial bodies to allow them to be moved without a team of talent-applicable trained unicorns might grant them a form of immortality until that object is destroyed, I.E. Celestia won't die until the sun goes out and Luna won't die until the Moon is destroyed some way or another. If Cadance gets this too, she won't die as long as Shining Armor lives most likely, but once Shining Armor is out she's vulnerable to being dead.

• Brohoof 1

Well I guess there really wouldn't be a difference of appearance between 900 something and 1000 years old. Still it does certainly make me believe that cadence is probably not immortal.

Has it been actually said that Alicorns are immortal though? Or do they just have a really really long lifespan?

Gah.. Thinking about Alicorns hurts my brain...

Well there is no mention that they're immortal or gods. The fact that Luna and Cadence were children and had growth kind of says immortal isn't likely. I would say long life span seeing that Celestia was still around 1000 years ago and till now and Luna was also imprisoned for 1000 years and I don't think she was in some kind of cryo-stasis or anything that let her become thawed out in the future. I would assume Celestia and Luna can live around 2000+ or so years.And the fact that they can't wield the Elements of Harmony kind of says they don't have the means to defeat evil forces without the six mane to do it and usually gods don't really lose anything. Also Celestia lost against Chrysalis who merely absorbs love from Shining Armor... kind of says much about her lack of divinity.

I would prefer it if they weren't gods because then why would the six mane have to fight the evil when they got two god ponies on their side? Doesn't make for any good show.

Edited by poniesforfun

Well there is no mention that they're immortal or gods. The fact that Luna and Cadence were children and had growth kind of says immortal isn't likely. I would say long life span seeing that Celestia was still around 1000 years ago and till now and Luna was also imprisoned for 1000 years and I don't think she was in some kind of cryo-stasis or anything that let her become thawed out in the future. I would assume Celestia and Luna can live around 2000+ or so years.And the fact that they can't wield the Elements of Harmony kind of says they don't have the means to defeat evil forces without the six mane to do it and usually gods don't really lose anything. Also Celestia lost against Chrysalis who merely absorbs love from Shining Armor... kind of says much about her lack of divinity.

I would prefer it if they weren't gods because then why would the six mane have to fight the evil when they got two god ponies on their side? Doesn't make for any good show.

Because we don't want to see them running for Celestia every time there's a problem. And it was Chrysalis becoming overpowered, not Celestia being underpowered. Once Shining snapped out ofit, she lost some power. And it's not that Celestia and Luna can't use the elements of harmony, it's that cause-and-effect have always led to the elements being closer to the mane six then Celestia thanks to the script writiers.

I like comparing the two to Greek gods. There are some basic powers they both share, some special powers the have individually, and the ability to be tricked into a position where they can't use those powers. They also age to a certain point and stay that way for all eternity.

The Weapon: It's probably the crystal heart, not Shining.

• Brohoof 1

Because we don't want to see them running for Celestia every time there's a problem. And it was Chrysalis becoming overpowered, not Celestia being underpowered. Once Shining snapped out ofit, she lost some power. And it's not that Celestia and Luna can't use the elements of harmony, it's that cause-and-effect have always led to the elements being closer to the mane six then Celestia thanks to the script writiers.

I like comparing the two to Greek gods. There are some basic powers they both share, some special powers the have individually, and the ability to be tricked into a position where they can't use those powers. They also age to a certain point and stay that way for all eternity.

The Weapon: It's probably the crystal heart, not Shining.

If you ask me, I personally find that alicorns fit closer to Norse mythology than Greek. Mostly because they are much easier to beat up, don't have omniscience, can't be in 2+ places at once, and have more questionable immortality. Also, Celestia and Luna seem slightly like a reference to the part in Norse mythology where they have horses pull the sun and moon, although Celestia and Luna don't have to use wagons and be chased by wolves 24/7 to do so. No clue if Cadance/Cadence/Cadenza/Whatever-her-name-actually-is-spelled has a corresponding piece, but who says you can't have multiple references?

Good point, the Crystal Heart seems a more likely candidate for Cadance's immortality-link-object.

Even though the show would have mentioned this if it was likely, I put it forward: What if whenever one of the alicorns seen so far dies, they reincarnate/respawn/regenerate-into-new-person/just-regenerate ASAP?

Would probably be the only excuse to kill off <insert alicorn(s) here> for all of 10-20 seconds and bring them back, while likely only provoking a medium-level rage from most fans.

Like Celestia instantaneously respawning after being assassinated, walking back into the room, and saying she's died every few hundred years from old age and came back instantly, while tying up the shocked assassin and having the guards bury the old body. That would be hilarious, not to mention either have Twilight freak out or not minding much, depending on if she knows/has seen this before. Cue Luna eyeroll and a knowing look to Celestia. Ha! That'd be a weird plot... Maybe a good fanfic writer could pull it off.

Edited by The Weapon
  • Brohoof 1

If the Crystal Heart would play any role in Cadence being immortal, why would there seem to have been a more traditional monarchy system in the Crystal Empire? If Cadence is a possible decendant of Crystal Empire royalty, then it sounds like there's been generations of them.

Take into consideration that alicorn growth rates aren't quite obvious: In the time it took for Twilight to gow up, Cadence did. We don't know if she's full alicorn or not. I'm not sure about the S3 defeat-sombra-w/-elements flashback showed Luna as an adult, but I think I did show. Therefore, Luna's s1 free-from-NMM was either an age reversal or a depowered form. As we saw almost nil of Luna outside her feature episode (I assume she's just in Canterlot, but maybe she hasn't been getting much attention and has minimal non-nightlife activity from being nocturnal or something), other than the fact that the growth/tranformation took about the time for s1 to transit to s2, although no explanation as to why Luna doesn't go to the Gala is given even though it would make perfect sense for her to be at a nighttime event like the Gala unless she still had really bad press, Celestia planned the Mane 6 and wanted Luna safe, or she just did not want to go.

If the flashback showed Luna in her small form, then we assume that (depending on distance from Sombra incident to NMM, allowing space for Discord 's chaos screwing w/ reality) it takes however long it was between the beginning of the incidents 1000 yrs ago to Luna Eclipsed maximum to do the form transition, with the minimum being as soon as Celestia and Luna returned to Canterlot if Luna grew up, depowered/age reversed, and grows up again.

That's why I did say it was all basically speculation as canon hasn't had any word on this. As to Luna during the Sombra event 1,000 years prior. She's the same size we see her around S1/S2, from S1 to S2 yes she does get taller, but it isn't enough reason for the show artists to bother re-sizing the S2 vector for the scene. Again, basing on what Faust said, it can be believed until the current show staff confirms or states otherwise, the Luna is not yet fully grown. Wether it was the S1 or the S2 height used for that scene, it really doesn't matter, as the scene's purpose is to tell what happened 1,000 years ago in summary. Not detail.

The only reason we don't see Luna outside the S1 premiere, her S2 episode and barely see her in the wedding, is because the show staff never really had reason or intention to work with her character. Her purpose was for the S1 premiere, no more. Everything else was basically in response to how popular she became with the fans and how the writers now found themselves developing this vast world that could be considered as complexed as our own. So if you find yourself working on a show that finds itself in such a situation and you have this powerful and politically important character you had no plans for, it makes sense to use them somehow as it'd add more depth to the world your portraying.

I assume that alicorn magic connecting Celestia and Luna deeply enough w/ respective celestial bodies to allow them to be moved without a team of talent-applicable trained unicorns might grant them a form of immortality until that object is destroyed, I.E. Celestia won't die until the sun goes out and Luna won't die until the Moon is destroyed some way or another. If Cadance gets this too, she won't die as long as Shining Armor lives most likely, but once Shining Armor is out she's vulnerable to being dead.

I can't realy agree with this. As to me it seems like making them seem like gods. if they where gods they'd be there from the moment the Sun and Moon came to be.

Is it hard to comprehend the concept of possible races of immortals that can still killed? Because until canon says otherwises, that's what I feel the sisters are.

• Brohoof 1

If you ask me, I personally find that alicorns fit closer to Norse mythology than Greek. Mostly because they are much easier to beat up, don't have omniscience, can't be in 2+ places at once, and have more questionable immortality. Also, Celestia and Luna seem slightly like a reference to the part in Norse mythology where they have horses pull the sun and moon, although Celestia and Luna don't have to use wagons and be chased by wolves 24/7 to do so. No clue if Cadance/Cadence/Cadenza/Whatever-her-name-actually-is-spelled has a corresponding piece, but who says you can't have multiple references?

Good point, the Crystal Heart seems a more likely candidate for Cadance's immortality-link-object.

Even though the show would have mentioned this if it was likely, I put it forward: What if whenever one of the alicorns seen so far dies, they reincarnate/respawn/regenerate-into-new-person/just-regenerate ASAP?

Would probably be the only excuse to kill off <insert alicorn(s) here> for all of 10-20 seconds and bring them back, while likely only provoking a medium-level rage from most fans.

Like Celestia instantaneously respawning after being assassinated, walking back into the room, and saying she's died every few hundred years from old age and came back instantly, while tying up the shocked assassin and having the guards bury the old body. That would be hilarious, not to mention either have Twilight freak out or not minding much, depending on if she knows/has seen this before. Cue Luna eyeroll and a knowing look to Celestia. Ha! That'd be a weird plot... Maybe a good fanfic writer could pull it off.

I don't know much about Norse Gods, but other than the being-in-one-place thing it sounds like the Greek Gods. It could just be ancient gods in general, who knows. And the respawn idea is pretty good.

This is how I see it

There are actually 4 races of pony. The unicorn,the earth pony,the pegasus,and the uncommon to rare alicorn.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna are the "chosen" alicorns who were blessed with devine powers and responsibilities.

• Brohoof 1

Since I'm too stupid to have any FACTS or PROOF or make any SENSE I'll just spin ya all a tale of how they gotten alicorns!

Once upon a time (Like many moons ago like more moons than you can even count) everypony was an alicorn and then they were all like, "Hey we are all op yo let's change 'dis up." And then they all said, "K." But some were like, "But without op ponies we won't even be cool to remember us n' stuff." So they were like, "O ya." So then they decided that they'd let the cool ponies be alicorns still and then they decided to group the ponies into magic, flight, or general uselessness and then they made the flight ponies proud because only they can be in the air, the magical ones snobs because they know fancy mathematics and other stuff 2deep4you and then the generally uncool ponies that did the hard labour because they were so bland it'd bore you to death, then they decided one day to not have dumb traditions all the time so they decided to make 3 special ponies that are the opposite of their common traits so we got a shy Fluttershy, a humble Twilight and a not bland Pinkie Pie and then they decided to have some common ponies so a proud Rainbow Dash, a Snobish Rarity, and a bland Applejack.

Now to blow your friggin' mind we have the alicorns that are snobish, proud, and bland, because alicorns are special due to them having all traits at their whim and they decide what they want to be like so that they may be cool n' stuff because they have WING AND HORNS AT THE SAME TIME MOTHERFUCKERS.

tl;dr Wings make you 2cool4groundedponies, Horns make you horny 2SMRT4DUMponies, and having nothing at all makes you know your place, being totally irrelevant! But if you have both wings and horns then you're p. cool and deserve to do nothing at all! You've earned it!

I think I need sleep...

Edited by Nixter
  • Brohoof 1

Since I'm too stupid to have any FACTS or PROOF or make any SENSE I'll just spin ya all a tale of how they gotten alicorns!

Once upon a time (Like many moons ago like more moons than you can even count) everypony was an alicorn and then they were all like, "Hey we are all op yo let's change 'dis up." And then they all said, "K." But some were like, "But without op ponies we won't even be cool to remember us n' stuff." So they were like, "O ya." So then they decided that they'd let the cool ponies be alicorns still and then they decided to group the ponies into magic, flight, or general uselessness and then they made the flight ponies proud because only they can be in the air, the magical ones snobs because they know fancy mathematics and other stuff 2deep4you and then the generally uncool ponies that did the hard labour because they were so bland it'd bore you to death, then they decided one day to not have dumb traditions all the time so they decided to make 3 special ponies that are the opposite of their common traits so we got a shy Fluttershy, a humble Twilight and a not bland Pinkie Pie and then they decided to have some common ponies so a proud Rainbow Dash, a Snobish Rarity, and a bland Applejack.

Now to blow your friggin' mind we have the alicorns that are snobish, proud, and bland, because alicorns are special due to them having all traits at their whim and they decide what they want to be like so that they may be cool n' stuff because they have WING AND HORNS AT THE SAME TIME MOTHERFUCKERS.

tl;dr Wings make you 2cool4groundedponies, Horns make you horny 2SMRT4DUMponies, and having nothing at all makes you know your place, being totally irrelevant! But if you have both wings and horns then you're p. cool and deserve to do nothing at all! You've earned it!

I think I need sleep...

Yes, you need sleep. Now stop offending the earth ponies before Pinkie goes Super Alicorn Pinkie Pie on your face. There are entire epic fanfics written on mechanics, and they're good as canon until the show says something more clear than "Earth Ponies have type powers ranging from Applejack to Pinkie Pie and everything in between." You know that pony subspeciesism is very rude!

Not to mention if that mirror also created a soulless clone of Evil!Cupcakes!Pinkamena.... Well, suffice to say Rainbow Dash should hide. In another show. On another channel. On another cable plan. On another planet. On another planetary system. On another galaxy. On another cluster. On another universe. On another multiverse. Effectively, a different existence entirely.

Also, your post boils down to:

• Everypony used to be alicorns
  • Idiotically decided to change it up
  • Grouped into alicorns, earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi
  • Applejack is standard Earth Pony, Rarity is specialist, and Fluttershy is just too earthasi and shy to not be cute.

Yes, you need sleep. Now stop offending the earth ponies before Pinkie goes Super Alicorn Pinkie Pie on your face. There are entire epic fanfics written on mechanics, and they're good as canon until the show says something more clear than "Earth Ponies have type powers ranging from Applejack to Pinkie Pie and everything in between." You know that pony subspeciesism is very rude!

Not to mention if that mirror also created a soulless clone of Evil!Cupcakes!Pinkamena.... Well, suffice to say Rainbow Dash should hide. In another show. On another channel. On another cable plan. On another planet. On another planetary system. On another galaxy. On another cluster. On another universe. On another multiverse. Effectively, a different existence entirely.

Also, your post boils down to:

• Everypony used to be alicorns
  • Idiotically decided to change it up
  • Grouped into alicorns, earth ponies, unicorns, and pegasi
  • Applejack is standard Earth Pony, Rarity is specialist, and Fluttershy is just too earthasi and shy to not be cute.

The whole thing was satire btw

Just so we are all on the same page here. I luff everypony, even if they don't have wings or horns or whatever.

• Brohoof 2

Great idea for an episode! I'm not much of a writer myself, but with your permission, could I tell that to my friend? I'm sure she could turn it into an episode if you give her enough time.

a bland Applejack.

I would hardly call Applejack bland!

Your story is actually quite cool. But earth ponies aren't boring, they just have talents that don't involve or require wings and horns. Applejack is a farmer, her talent is running sweet apple acers and she doesn't need a horn nor wings to do it. Infact, she is so good at it that she can do it without wings or a horn. Rainbow dash probably could, but rarity, fluttershy, twilight and pinkie pie would all have difficulty doing it without magic or wings. And in some cases even with magic and wings they would have difficulty. Applejack has a special talent in farming. She's a hot pot a rice ya don need no sidedish! In other words, her talent doesn't need wings or a horn. And she is not bland!

• Brohoof 2

Imma paste this straight from another topic that I replied to.

Alicorns are definitely royalty, or are the overal power of Equestra. So, do you have to be an alicorn to be royal? But what does that mean for Twilight? Wait what? Twilight... royalty?

Twilight is Shining Armors sister.

Shining Armor married Cadence.

Cadence is royalty.

Cadence is now in-laws with Twilight.

Twilight is now in-laws with royalty.

*Plays music from Inception*

/semi-offtopic mind f**k

Alicorns are probably not immortal. However they do seem to age extremely slow. Celestia has referenced three events from the past, two of which went on for 1000 years and were seperate occasions. AND she has lived since before the Crystal Empire dissapeared, and it was gone for well over 1000 years. So basically... DAYUM DAT BEEECH BE OLD.

Also, if you were paying attention, Cadence was referenced as "The Crystal Princess" durring S3E2. So what does that mean?

Also, if Celestia and Luna are sisters, and Cadence's aunt is Celestia... Then is Luna Cadence's mother? If not, who is? And who's the father?

Who are Scootaloo's parents?

• Brohoof 1