Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alicorns life span

child of the night

On 10/8/2023 at 6:27 AM, Hadrien said:

If it was only Celestia and Luna, I would've probably said immortal. But with the addition of Cadence (who clearly ages) and *sigh* Twilight (who again ages or rather grows), between 1k and who knows. :lostit:

I would extend this to all alicorns (born and ascended); in fact, they are all immortal. In the case of Cadence, it’s not aging, it’s just little Flurry that doesn’t let them sleep :D

• Delighted Giggle 1

On 2023-10-07 at 11:27 PM, Hadrien said:

If it was only Celestia and Luna, I would've probably said immortal. But with the addition of Cadence (who clearly ages) and *sigh* Twilight (who again ages or rather grows), between 1k and who knows. :lostit:

The two isn't necessarily mutually exclusive. Just because they aged doesn't mean they aren't immortal... I'm sure Celestia and Luna were kids at some point and grew.

On 2023-10-25 at 12:04 PM, Kantet said:

In the episode "Have You Seen This Dragon?" Opaline said at the 19th minute that alicorns are immortal 
I apologize for not answering for a long time.

Well, it does check out. Yet another retcon, assuming Opaline didn’t state that metaphorically 

10 hours ago, Kadeda said:

The two isn't necessarily mutually exclusive. Just because they aged doesn't mean they aren't immortal... I'm sure Celestia and Luna were kids at some point and grew.

20 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Well, it does check out. Yet another retcon, assuming Opaline didn’t state that metaphorically 

Given everything we now know, it is unlikely that this was a metaphor.