Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the Worst Alicorn Princess?

K.Rool Addict

The Worst Alicorn Princess (besides Flurry Heart lol)  

68 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the Worst Alicorn Princess?

• Celestia
    • Luna
    • Cadance
    • Twilight

Princess Luna. Why? 

Name me one thing she did as Princess after returning. 

At least Twi was learning on the job defending the country, Cadence managed the Crystal Empire and oversaw a diplomatic conference and of course Celestia made Luna's position redundant for a millennia. 

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Princess Luna. Why? 

At least Twi was learning on the job defending the country, Cadence managed the Crystal Empire and oversaw a diplomatic conference and of course Celestia made Luna's position redundant for a millennia. 

I was going to say Princess Cadance due to her somewhat boring personality but your reasons for choosing Luna are making me rethink my choice.

Luna is my favorite original Princess but I see your point because Luna didn't really do much once she was freed besides helping the CMC. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I was going to say Princess Cadance due to her somewhat boring personality but your reasons for choosing Luna are making me rethink my choice.

Luna is my favorite original Princess but I see your point because Luna didn't really do much once she was freed besides helping the CMC. 

I think most people are voting on worst character. But the title says princess, so I'm analyzing based on job performance and frankly, Luna barely showed up for work. Cadence acted the most princess like out of everypony, while everypony else felt like a different archetype trying to be a princess. 

• Brohoof 2

I’d have to go with Celestia since she relied too heavily on testing Twilight rather than learn how to do things herself or at least enlist her guards to do something besides stand around.

• Brohoof 1

The one from the book the CMCs were reading in "Hearts of Hooves Day".

Well, there's something here about a dragon, the kingdom falling, chaos reigning... Okay, apparently it was all because the prince and princess were so lost in each other's eyes that they couldn't perform their royal duties.

10 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Princess Luna. Why? 

10 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I think most people are voting on worst character. But the title says princess, so I'm analyzing based on job performance and frankly, Luna barely showed up for work. Cadence acted the most princess like out of everypony, while everypony else felt like a different archetype trying to be a princess. 

She watches over every pony's dreams as a full-time night job. Easy, right? Wrong. A major plot point of A Royal Problem was showing that Luna's job wasn't easy and Celestia could not have possibly done it for a millennia because she believed the pretense that it would be easy before the crushing reality hit her. All Cadance has to do besides managing a kingdom like every other princess is...what exactly? Spreading love? A Canterlot Wedding showed us that it is as easy as just casting a spell. Luna has to battle nightmares every night. Which job would you take? Also, even if Cadance hypothetically does harder work behind the scenes, the job she has to do in her element as the Princess of Love is still indisputably far easier than Luna's job in her element as the Princess of Night. 

Luna is redundant. If she went to the moon for another thousand years nobody would notice. Then again, G5 is telling us that all the princesses are redundant; it's just that Luna is the worst offender. Best monkey's paw Brony wish ever. To ask for the continuation due to G4 characters only to have them degraded by G5 plot.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nooo, Cadance is leading in the poll! :love: I must defend her, she needs more appreciation, you will see!!!

My vote goes to Celestia though, I find the other options nicer. But she is the most complex alicorn princess. :)

• Brohoof 1

How dare you vote princess Luna? Probably these were princess Cadence and Twilight fans. Bad taste in every aspect of life.
Also, you cannot have a monopoly on "friendship", you damn mutant!
Still, common sense and decency dictates cadence remains the crappiest and most insipid princess of all. I mean, what does she do besides being a pretty and vapid stereotype to sell toys? Disgusting, really. Can we all collectively agree she never existed to begin with? That would be really nice.

11 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I get that Cadance came out of nowhere but I don't think she deserves worst princess title

Thank you. :( She is so lovely and nice. A dear wife and mother. She only wants to spread love and happiness. She is very supportive. Never did anything wrong in the slightest, never hurt somepony. :(
1962073.png

She shouldn't have won this competition. She gives so much love, but doesn't receive so much in return. :( She deserves it the most...

635453.png

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Twilight Sparkle. Very. Easily

• The show puts too much focus on her. I get she's the main character but it's too much
  • She takes credit for what the mane six does even if she barely does anything
  • She never gets punished een if she does something really wrong
  • She's a mary sue
  • She's a perfectionist to an annoying extent. It causes problems and she solves them pretending she had nothing to do with them
  • She doesn't deserve to be princess. She didn't even deserve to be Celestia's student
  • She has to be carried by other ponies to even do half the stuff she does. I get it's supposed to be "friendship" but still
  • I would argue that she's not even necessary with an element of kindness. I don't say this just because Fluttershy is my favorite, but if you think about it, kindness is the most important element. You don't have to be honest to have friends, you don't have to be generous to have friends, you certainly don't have to make people/ponies laugh to have friends, but you have to be nice to have friends. Maybe loyalty but Rainbow Dash is easily the worst and tbh shouldn't even exist, so no.

I could go one

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

Flurry Heart is my least favorite. I don't have anything against her, she's cute, but the others are more interesting characters (unsurprisingly since she's just a baby).

Out of the adults, it's Cadance, again just because I like the others a little more. :adorkable:

Twilight. Yeah yeah, I know. A bit hypocritical considering my profile pic :lostit: I do like how she looks as an alicorn, but I always disliked the idea of her becoming a princess, let alone Celestia's successor. She doesn't need to be an alicorn to be powerful (just look at Starlight or Starswirl the Beardy Weirdo) or to do any of the things she does after she transform. She can still defeat Tirek (prob by becoming an alicorn as a result of taking all the other princess's powers), deal with Starlight or the Shadow Pony. She can also still open the school of friendhsip, but that's where she should ends up, headmare of her own school, not unlike Celestia at the start of the show. :sunbutt: