Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the most beautiful Princess?

Champion RD92

Most Beautiful Princess?  

205 users have voted

1. 1. Who is the most beautiful princess?

• Princess Celestia
    • Princess Luna
    • Princess Cadence

The Crown Jewels

How do I find that intimidating yet beautiful at the same time?

That's Princess Luna in a nutshell. Dangerous beauty.

But Chrysalis is also a princess... did you forget her?

Technically, she's a queen, and per Disney canon, princesses are good and queens are evil. No exceptions.

That's why Celestia and Luna, who really should be queens if you ask me, are nominally princesses. Lauren Faust initially wanted them to be queens, but that was shot down by the Hasbro brass because of the perceptions reinforced by Disney over the years. Yet it doesn't seem right to me that they would hold the same rank as Cadance, who is more like a true princess.

I voted Cadance for beauty, and her magical specialty fits that like a glove, but her station in Canterlot society is nowhere near that of Celestia and Luna, nor does her ability even begin to approach the power over sun, moon and the elements of nature wielded by the regal sisters.

And Prince Blueblood's loutishness puts him squarely beneath the entire mane cast, in my opinion.

Perhaps they should institute a system of "Junior" and "Senior" Princesses, and maybe Deputy Assistant Under-Prince, Fourth Class, for Blueblood. :P

• Brohoof 1

Cadance for sure. She's so pretty :B

Yeah she is, especially in her wedding dress... :wub: You know, for a pony... :wacko:

Cadance for sure. She's so pretty :B

Yeah she is, especially in her wedding dress... :wub: You know, for a pony... :wacko:
  • Brohoof 1

Before I saw the two part season 2 finale 'A Canterlot Wedding', I would say Princess Luna. After seeing the finale, my thought of the most beautiful princess would now be Princess Cadence.

Cadence, obviously :) .

Off topic, is Cadence' full name Mi Amore Cadenca? 'Cause if it is, since mah family background is mainly latino, I know that Mi Amore means "My Love" in either Spanish or Italian, or something like that. Makes sense ^_^

Edited by deaglePower
  • Brohoof 1

Cadence, obviously :) .

Off topic, is Cadence' full name Mi Amore Cadenca? 'Cause if it is, since mah family background is mainly latino, I know that Mi Amore means "My Love" in either Spanish or Italian, or something like that. Makes sense ^_^

Yep, I believe her name is Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.

May I add that beauty can also be a function of the persona of the character?

I'm not correcting anyone, nor am I trying to redefine the parameters of the discussion. There have been strong arguments in favor for each of the three princesses. Quite frankly, they're all beautiful in their own right (hence my hesitation), but I quite like Luna for two primary reasons: there is so little that is known about her, given the limited time spent on developing her outside of the end of "Friendship is Magic" and the whole of "Luna Eclipsed"; second, it was quite clear that she was lonely and isolated upon her return to Equestria as a princess. To me, that's a compelling story waiting to be told. It reminds me somewhat of Twilight albeit Twilight is socially isolated for other reasons. And yet there is a hint of innocence which Luna still possesses---using archaic forms of speech, for instance---that is predicated on her once being evil, banished to the moon for a millennium, and then restored to her previous position. All told, Luna's appearance is enhanced by her at least initial isolation. I'm sure someone could boil it down to the "dark and mysterious" effect, though I am not so convinced that is exactly why I have this opinion of her.

I'm also a big fan of "second fiddle" type of characters, the ones who get the short end of the stick or are overshadowed by the principal character(s). It has little to do with the relationship, perceived or realized, between Luna and Celestia; I am quite confident Celestia loves her little sister immensely and wishes all the best for her. It is clear, however, that Celestia is at the forefront with respect to the royal family. Celestia receives more air time and attention, not that she deserves any less. In a sense, then, I may view Luna through the lens of an underdog: she is not as powerful, acclamated, or graceful as her older sister. As this is the case, Luna is trying her hardest to do what is right or acceptable even though the norms have changed so drastically. To use a baseball analogy, "Luna Eclipsed" showed that she was perpetually behind in the count; yet she staid in and did her best to succeed (with some help from Twilight)

In other words, perhaps I connect more readily with a princess who might be a little more like any of the other ponies with enough differences and idiosyncracies to preserve her exotic nature. She's fallible yet undoubtedly a powerful and prestigious alicorn princess. Or maybe I'm rambling when I could just as easily say, "LUNA IS BEST PONY!" in my best Royal Canterlot voice.

I hold nothing against Celestia or Cadance, though. Their designs are quite beautiful and their personalities make them more than just the generic, fairytale princess. That's part of the reason why MLP: FIM is best pony: it simultaneously meets, exceeds, and (rainbow) dashes your expectations.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1

I see Luna is putting up the good fight!

I had to choose Luna, she made me do it. Her and those damn "bedroom" eyes.

Posted Image

Cadence may be pretty and pink but what is more elegant and beautiful then a full moon? You can look at the moon, you can't look at the sun. Crummy Celestia... :lol:

I see Luna is putting up the good fight!

I had to choose Luna, she made me do it. Her and those damn "bedroom" eyes.

Posted Image

Cadence may be pretty and pink but what is more elegant and beautiful then a full moon? You can look at the moon, you can't look at the sun. Crummy Celestia... :lol:

Sure you can, you just need proper eye-protection.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

Luna! Not only does she look awesome, she also stands apart from all ponies because of her unique personality. It's really defined in comparison to the other princesses' personalities, I believe.

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence

Cadence