Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gak: 100% Annoying!

kirbyboi

I don't even get this meme, I watched the premiere on livestream and don't recall a single gak commercial, if I saw them, they obviously didn't annoy me. I also don't see the point of this being a meme, seriously, there's no joke here, it's just spamming a single word repeatedly. Arrow to the knee was funny because it could witty, gak spam is not even remotely witty. I see zero humorously value in this meme.

Edited by Mr. Jaguar
  • Brohoof 1

I don't even get this meme, I watched the premiere on livestream and don't recall a single gak commercial, if I saw them, they obviously didn't annoy me. I also don't see the point of this being a meme, seriously, there's no joke here, it's just spamming a single word repeatedly. Arrow to the knee was funny because it could witty, gak spam is not even remotely witty.

With arrow in the knee, you can't really make anything original with it. However with gak, all you have to do is look at the the two pics the op posted to actually understand that their is potential for originality with Gak. Something a lot of memes like this lack.

With arrow in the knee, you can't really make anything original with it. However with gak, all you have to do is look at the the two pics the op posted to actually understand that their is potential for originality with Gak. Something a lot of memes like this lack.

Meh, I'm not seeing the potential, I've seen so many gak images since it began, and I haven't gotten close to laughing. I'd say it's because I can't appreciate the joke since I didn't notice the spam of gak commercials, but I found arrow to the knee funny even tho I hadn't played skyrim when I first heard of the meme. Comedy, however, is subjective, so some people will find it hilarious while others will not.

It hadn't annoyed me too much until I watched the new episode on a live stream today. There was a GAK commercial, and it involved people spamming GAKGAKGAK over and over again in the chat until my browser started lagging and crashed. Thankfully, I was able to get back onto Bronystate before the commercials were over, but it was extremely annoying and immature. http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png I get it being a meme (seriously, they're kind of asking for it if they air commercials for the same useless, stupid product 4 times in a row) but why spam?

Edited by Rarietty

Curiously enough, this phenomena reminded me of a Barbie Cruise Vacation commercial that had been airing on Nickelodeon a lot.

I never make videos of stuff, let alone humor-edit videos of stuff, but I submitted this on my YouTube:

a few days before. I kind of daydreamed that teevee would become a thing. My dream would consist of teevee suddenly interrupting important short lines of dialogue from popular important things and pop culture lines.

Correction. The title should be "Gak: 100% Hilarious"! :lol:

The commercials, with their lone jingle, made the experience of watching the two-parter and "Too Man Pinkie Pies" very funny. The two-parter was relatively serious, and the zaniness of the "GAK GAK GAK" commercial made the experience rather light. It's a catchy jingle full of zany ways to play with gak. Furthermore, many bronies were around when Nickelodeon was in its prime, and MLP:FIM has many references dating back to that specific period. During the early- and mid-1990s, Nickelodeon had many slime-infested shows such as Double Dare, What Would You Do?, and Figure It Out; and gak (Nick's brand of kid-friendly slime) was a signature product. So gak has a lot of nostalgia. So it's more of the occurrence that MLP:FIM and gak combined by accident (or on purpose, depending on who from Hasbro, Hub, Nickelodeon, and/or Mattel decided to promote it on The Hub in front of the most popular show).

Repetition + catchy jingle + nostalgia + timing + light-hearted humor + its potential (and there are more pics besides the two in the OP, BTW, like this one) + the fact that Sombra had less lines = hilarious meme.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

@@Pixiesong,

100% annoying huh? You are going to completely just ruin any potential because of the annoying side of it? Before you ask: "What potential?" Those two pictures are proof enough. Tell me, do you see the annoying one liner anywhere in there? Do you see no creativity?

cause I see no one liner and two pictures that made me laugh.

@,

@,

Now you guys. Do you see those two pictures? I don't see someone trying to troll, I see people trying to make a good picture that make other people laugh. Why would someone go to that much effort just to troll?

@@Kyronea,

Created by bronies does not equal Pony meme.

Also, you are implying that people who like gak also don't care or even thought about special scenes in the episode.

They know it gets annoying, yet they insist on continuing. I go to any ordinary pony website, expecting discussions of the show,

NOPE

GAKGAKGAKGAKGAK

I thought people where over this... I just try to ignore it as best as I can and give it no attention. If you let it die it will will do just that, die. So if you don't like it then never talk about it or reply about it, and let it die down. Also if you do like it (for which my best guess is that you like to annoy people with it) then... Well, I have no words for you.

They know it gets annoying, yet they insist on continuing. I go to any ordinary pony website, expecting discussions of the show,

NOPE

GAKGAKGAKGAKGAK

We are bronies aren't we?

The anti bronies say exactly the first part of what you said every single day.

The fact of the matter is, you are doing exactly what a lot of the anti bronies do. A little thing I call "blind rage."

It's where it doesn't matter if it's good or not, it has to do with something I don't like. Rage!

That picture of Pinkie with celestia with gak for hair has nothing to do with the one liner. It doesn't show up anyway. It has to do with gak sure, but not the annoying gak one liner.

The problem is you think all of it is bad and you want to ruin it for everyone because a certain amount of people use it in a way you don't like.

• Brohoof 1

Well think here for a second... You took something that was in a repetitive commercial(IMO) and posted it all over the internet. That doesn't even sound like a good idea in the first place... Though I will say there is some cool gak artwork, but that is about it.

Bandwagon. Bandwagon everywhere.

Bandwagon on both sides.

A lot of the people in favor of Gak just joined it for bandwagon, while I'm willing to bet a lot of the people who dislike Gak at this point are only following the bandwagon as well.

Bandwagon. Bandwagon everywhere.

Bandwagon on both sides.

A lot of the people in favor of Gak just joined it for bandwagon, while I'm willing to bet a lot of the people who dislike Gak at this point are only following the bandwagon as well.

Dude, calm your tits bro they're called OPINIONS

Did you know that other people think differently from you? :o

ANYWAYS, I've always hated those GAK commercials to start with, and the simple fact that it has become a meme kind of startles me a little bit

I DO enjoy some of the artwork though HOWEVER...

I really don't think it should be thrown all over the internet though

Dude, calm your tits bro they're called OPINIONS

Did you know that other people think differently from you? :o

ANYWAYS, I've always hated those GAK commercials to start with, and the simple fact that it has become a meme kind of startles me a little bit

I DO enjoy some of the artwork though HOWEVER...

I really don't think it should be thrown all over the internet though

The problem is, when people start thinking that the people who DO like Gak are bad people and only like Gak to annoy everyone, we have a problem.

Also, we have sort of a blind rage going on where anything gak related no matter if good or bad, is automatically treated harshly.

I'm fine with people not liking Gak, but how people are treating the ones who do like it on the other hand.

Edited by Brushie RaccoonBL

The problem is, when people start thinking that the people who DO like Gak are bad people and only like Gak to annoy everyone, we have a problem.

Also, we have sort of a blind rage going on where anything gak related no matter if good or bad, is automatically treated harshly.

I'm fine with people not liking Gak, but how people are treating the ones who do like it on the other hand.

Anolther problem is when it is thrown all over the internet, especially in places where it is not even part of the topic at hand I.e: episode discussions, topics that really shouldn't have that in there, and whatnot.

The main concern about it is that the meme is just getting tossed around and it is annoying quite a lot of people. Just because some people like it doesn't mean it has to be thrown everywhere, that's just rude and it tends to get people to hate it more

Anolther problem is when it is thrown all over the internet, especially in places where it is not even part of the topic at hand I.e: episode discussions, topics that really shouldn't have that in there, and whatnot.

The main concern about it is that the meme is just getting tossed around and it is annoying quite a lot of people. Just because some people like it doesn't mean it has to be thrown everywhere, that's just rude and it tends to get people to hate it more

So is my little pony.

The problem is, you are making a mistake of 1 thing equals everything. You saying that people who like to make Gak fan art and etc, also like to annoy people.

What you are saying in a nutshell is: "since a select group of people actually do try to annoy us with gak, no one should have fun with Gak no matter if he/she is actually using it in a good way or not."

So is my little pony.

The problem is, you are making a mistake of 1 thing equals everything. You saying that people who like to make Gak fan art and etc, also like to annoy people.

What you are saying in a nutshell is: "since a select group of people actually do try to annoy us with gak, no one should have fun with Gak no matter if he/she is actually using it in a good way or not."

No I am not saying that at all,

What I am really saying is that memes like these should really be taken in moderation

Don't post it where it doesn't belong

Again, when people are trying to discuss something serious, then suddenly someone out of the blue posts GAK and continues to spam it, that becomes annoying

Same thing can be said for any meme, use it in moderation, there is really no need to throw it everywhere

Gak 100% annoying? You mean like 50% of all other memes, like "arrow to the knee," or "it's over 9000?" Yeah sounds about right.

Really, I think the fact that people hate it so much, and that it annoys people is half the very reason it IS a meme. Really people will find any reason to annoy others, or be involved in something that's big on the internet. Ultimately I just prefer to make little references instead of dedicating my time to art or such about it.

How easily we forget the rules of the Internet. Rule 19. And if you're that annoyed by gak, then just don't mention it. Bringing any kind of attention to it sort of exacerbates your problem. Keep calm, pony on, and don't sweat the small stuff.

It's also quite funny how influential memes can be: If you hear something over and over it will stick in your memory! If someone saw some goo in a new episode of season 3, they wouldn't think of smooze, they would think of gak.

As soon as I heard about gak, I immediately thought of the smooze and I've never even seen My Little Pony: The Movie. I think gak is actually smooze, it's an evil conspiracy to get the eldritch abomination into houses across america.

• Brohoof 2

We are bronies aren't we?

The anti bronies say exactly the first part of what you said every single day.

The fact of the matter is, you are doing exactly what a lot of the anti bronies do. A little thing I call "blind rage."

It's where it doesn't matter if it's good or not, it has to do with something I don't like. Rage!

That picture of Pinkie with celestia with gak for hair has nothing to do with the one liner. It doesn't show up anyway. It has to do with gak sure, but not the annoying gak one liner.

The problem is you think all of it is bad and you want to ruin it for everyone because a certain amount of people use it in a way you don't like.

I used to think it was funny until people started to use it just to annoy others.

And honestly, I don't think my post seemed much like rage.

No. I don't want to "ruin it for everyone", all I want is people to stop annoying others intentionally.

I don't mind the commercials as much as just annoying people trying to make Gak a legitimate meme or some kind of fad just because the commercial repeated itself a number of times. If it just aired once it wouldn't have been a huge issue at all.