Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite MLP Shipping and Why?

LyraHeartstrings

I know she is not princess, and if I made it sound like that I mistyped something. My point was that for me it wouldnt have mattered either way ;)

And I know what you mean by getting annoyed, I get annoyed aswell with all the stereotyping everywhere, like tomboy=lesbian character.

She isn't lesbian! And neither Lauren Faust made her look like one! I have also some tomboyish character, does that mean I'm a lesbian? It's all stupid people in internet are tryin to make her a lesbian which freakin annoys me.... Every time I see new pic with RD being a lesbian my thoughts are the exactly " Oh look another idiotic artist " -_-

That's just the problem with shipping... when it comes to fanbases, character with a tomboy like quality gets paired up in the most yuri pairings... and considering this show is dominated with female cast... not many options for her...

It's just one of those unwritten rules of shipping... same thing goes for Yoai, if one guy shows just even one sign of timidness, he becomes the sign for all girls that says "Chickens go here"

Edited by Captain Marvelous

That's just the problem with shipping... when it comes to fanbases, character with a tomboy like quality gets paired up in the most yuri pairings... and considering this show is dominated with female cast... not many options for her...

It's just one of those unwritten rules of shipping... same thing goes for Yoai

The place where I live during summer is also dominated by females, that doesn't changes our sexuality not even a lil. So all this shit about " Oh females dominate there and have tomboyish characters probably lesbos, what else can it be? It's obvious! " is a lie and I'd even call it disrespect to us, straight females. Edited by Princess Ariona

The place where I live during summer is also dominated by females, that doesn't changes our sexuality not even a lil. So all this shit about " Oh females dominate there and have tomboyish characters probably lesbos, what else can it be? It's obvious! " is a lie and I'd even call it disrespect to us, straight females.

whaa...what does that have to do with the fanbase... the main point of what I was talking about was what happens when you take Fans+Shipping+characters ... it gets pretty scary

whaa...what does that have to do with the fanbase... the main point of what I was talking about was what happens when you take Fans+Shipping+characters ... it gets pretty scary

Oh, scary indeed -.- I can see your point now.
  • Brohoof 1

I don't get into shipping much when in comes to ANY fandom but as far as My Little Pony goes....

I really like Fluttershy + Big Macintosh.

Posted Image

Posted Image

but... but... macintish is with cheerilee :o

I think it is disrespect that there can't even BE any legitimately lesbian or bisexual characters, most of the time. Especially in a cartoon for young people. They show little bits of romance in the show (Spike crushing on Rarity, Cheerlie and Big Mac, etc.) and it is ALWAYS straight. All characters are assumed to be straight, canonically. I would LOVE for there to be a legitimately/canonically gay or bi character on MLP. It doesn't have to be made into a big deal, just let other ways of life be represented. It's a total diss to actual lesbians that people take such offensive to Dashie being perceived as gay. Maybe we just would really like to see 'our' community represented equally with manestream culture.

Just sayin'! -_- :huh:

• Brohoof 4

I think it is disrespect that there can't even BE any legitimately lesbian or bisexual characters, most of the time. Especially in a cartoon for young people. They show little bits of romance in the show (Spike crushing on Rarity, Cheerlie and Big Mac, etc.) and it is ALWAYS straight. All characters are assumed to be straight, canonically. I would LOVE for there to be a legitimately/canonically gay or bi character on MLP. It doesn't have to be made into a big deal, just let other ways of life be represented. It's a total diss to actual lesbians that people take such offensive to Dashie being perceived as gay. Maybe we just would really like to see 'our' community represented equally with manestream culture.

Just sayin'! -_- :huh:

Dash, other mane six ponies and minor female characters were created by Lauren Faust to be either STRAIGHT or not attracted to any gender at all. I already saw her official comments that this is TRUE. And watchin people changin their sexuality is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if there would be some OC's in mlp show as lesbians, gays...etc. BUT NOT the mane 6, no just no. Edited by Princess Ariona

Posted Image

Dash, other mane six ponies and minor female characters were created by Lauren Faust to be either STRAIGHT or not attracted to any gender at all. I already saw her official comments that this is TRUE. And watchin people changin their sexuality is ridiculous. I wouldn't mind if there would be some OC's in mlp show as lesbians, gays...etc. BUT NOT the mane 6, no just no.

Posted Image

It's a fandom. People will ship what they want to ship.

• Brohoof 3

Been reading alot of deviant art strips today, and even if there is shipping, quite a few of them are funny as hell. A few of the writers have themselves stated that they have this and that idea for a strip, but there are just not enough stallions in equestria to make it work.

As long as its done without being offensive I dont mind.

And RD as a lesbian is getting really old.

One of my favourite strips btw :lol: :

http://pixelkitties.deviantart.com/art/Power-Mare-Zero-253739277

• Brohoof 2

I've always liked the idea of shipping, Spike x Rarity and Trixie x Twilight are favorites of mine.

But another one that's been starting to catch my eye is Celestia x Twilight, with the whole "Favorite student" thing

• Brohoof 1

At the moment the only ponies I like to "seriously" ship are Big Mac and Rarity. I think they suit each other perfectly and Rarity's much more appropriate for him than Cherilee (though I've never really been a huge fan of Cherilee to begin with).

Yet aside from them, I don't really know if I've reached the level of shipping yet in some of my other favorite pony friendships. I adore the potential for a deeper bond between AJ and RD, but I don't know if I'm ready to cross the line that brings them together as lovers as I just can't see RD long-term happy with any pony that isn't a pegasus. In which case RD and Fluttershy is extremely cute due to their contrasting personalities though I don't think they really suit each other on such a compatible level as that at all either. I do think I'm really beginning to warm up to RD and Soarin', but it bothers me ship one of the primary ponies with a secondary pony that receives even less screentime than Big Mac. The same with Vinyl Scratch and Octavia-I love their potential for a really interesting and complex relationship but I'm not sure I'm willing to actually consider shipping them.

Edit: Though I hate to admit it, I have to say I do think Thunder Lane in the upcoming episode has some serious potential for Fluttershy...of course this is going off his looks alone and I can make a more informed decision after I've seen the episode. All I know is by the looks of him I can already see a couple forming in the image of Sweetheart and Teddy...<3

Edited by Inky Milk

you do realize braeburn is applejacks cousin right?

I've seen those pics on dA before but I can't remeber the account

Can you please tell me the name of the artist

you do realize braeburn is applejacks cousin right?

That's Caramel

I've seen those pics on dA before but I can't remeber the account

Can you please tell me the name of the artist

That's Caramel

those are not my pictures just quote. And if the male with applejack isn't braeburn then who is that? Because I've only seen over a barrel twice but I do recall braeburn being the one with 3 horseshoes as a cutie mark and applejack being his cousin. :P

those are not my pictures just quote. And if the male with applejack isn't braeburn then who is that? Because I've only seen over a barrel twice but I do recall braeburn being the one with 3 horseshoes as a cutie mark and applejack being his cousin. :P

Re-read KingXevoz's last sentence

This is Braeburn http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&global=1&q=Braeburn#/d3fcudw can you see the difference now? -_-