Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Shining Armor and Cadence have a baby?

PonyHag1

The announcement today that Prince William and Kate are expecting thier first child got me thinking about Shining Armor and Candence (naturally). I'd like to see an episode about her expecting a foal, perhaps a two parter. They could even have Queen Chrysalis in it, plotting to steal the foal and making it part of her Changeling swarm. Of course, content would be appropriate for the younger target audience. img-968539-1-smile.png

I thought about this and I honestly would not like this idea at all. I'm not saying your idea is bad but it is not to my liking. I understand your reasoning, though. I just don't like Cadence at all so I'm not exactly for it. XD

Sorry.  :blush:

Edited by Dismajo

This probably would remind us to tell Hasbro to make a episode like what Kate Middleton and Prince William are doing. But, it would be cool to have Cadence and Shining Armor have a foal in an episode.

• Brohoof 1

Howdy all!

Dont mind a S4 episode about SA/Candence having a foal.

Theres been buzz about it fer a while & im sure the writers would fit it in.

They can have Pinkie as their foalsitter or better yet Princess Twilight as part of her new responibilities. ;)

We'll wait & see.

I'd love it if Cadance and Shining had a foal! Now that it's season 4 (or will be), it also doesn't seem too soon. That could also be an opportunity to explain the "Princess Skyla" toy that came out quite a while ago. She looks like Cadance.

Now I really hope they make an episode like this! It'd be so cute!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

To be honest, I never trust fake pics on the Internet when it comes to MLP but due to the toys the relationship, I had to believe this... I think Cadance might be pregnant in Season 4! The toy Princess Skyla is be a possible choice but I think it's gonna be different. The reason why is because since Shining Armor and Cadance are married technically they should have a baby, I don't want pressure on the writers but it would be cool to see another cute foal again like in Baby Cakes and Twilight might be an aunt, which is a challenge for her like McCarthy said that Twilight as an alicorn will come across challenges.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I don't think she'll ever be "pregnant" I think if they have a kid it will be like the Cakes and the birth just kinda happens out of nowhere. 

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 5

Huh. For a second there, I thought this would be a The Markz0ne thread.

Anyway, I'm assuming it'll happen eventually. Bonus points if Chrysalis stages a kidnapping and Cadence, Shining Armor, and the Mane Six go off on a rescue mission. That'd be cool...

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

I'm not sure if they would go with showing Cadence being pregnant, but I would like Shining Armor and Cadence to have a baby one day. I think it would be a good episode. Maybe later in the show have Skyla playing with Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Huh. For a second there, I thought this would be a The Markz0ne thread.

Anyway, I'm assuming it'll happen eventually. Bonus points if Chrysalis stages a kidnapping and Cadence, Shining Armor, and the Mane Six go off on a rescue mission. That'd be cool...

Here sir, have all of my YES.

In all seriousness, this would be an amazing episode and I would love for it to happen.

You are a genius.

• Brohoof 4

I don't think they'll have her be pregnant ever really, since it might get risky on the ratings or something idk, but its possible they will have a kid randomly like the cakes did. 

I dunno if that'll even happen for sure, but its possible. 

We don't really know yet due to the low amount of info on S4 currently.

There is a slight possibility on Cadence becoming pregnant. I don't really know much about it since, I've never seen ponies pregnant on a show. It would be very anticlimactic if Cadence and Shining Armor do have a foal but it turned out to be a Changeling. Pretty good stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think she'll even be "pregnant" I think if they have a kid it will be like the Cakes and there's just  episode where their foal is born all the sudden. 

Have to agree since pregnancy might be a touchy subject.  Also, I do agree that if there is a kid they'll do something like they did with the cake twins being shown in the Hospital.  In all honesty, I don't want Princess Skyla to come into the picture.  We have enough alicorns in the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if Skyla was introduced with some big release as Hasbro showcases more toys behind her.   

• Brohoof 4

I wouldn't be surprised if Cadance and Shining Armor had a kid. It's well known that Prince William and his wife are expecting a child; it's certainly possible for Hasbro to want to introduce a royal foal of their own to sell. It could work well in the show, as well. It would be nice seeing how the Mane 6, and specifically, Twilight, interacting with the child. 

But we might expect some more R34 as a result of certain implications of having a child. 

• Brohoof 1

Pregnancy isn't really that touchy of a subject. Whether they show it or not, I'm definitely excited at the prospect of Cadance and Shiny having a foal. It'll be damn cute and Twilight will probably be so adorkable when she finds out she's an aunt.

Um, I don't think so. Well, it'd be cool, at least. But I think it would end the series and it might be hard to draw a pony pregnant. And also it's kind of awkward to show that. I think people have requested it before though, definitely. 

I doubt Cadence will ever become pregnant, in the sense that she will carry around a foal, but it is a possibility that a baby may just appear one day. It would be odd to have it arrive toward the beginning of the Season just because they already shocked the audience with the whole Twilicorn thing...

Also, it may just be me, but I can't really imagine Cadence as a mother. She seems to be more teenager princess type. Especially in the episode where Chrysalis takes the form of Cadence. Her voice sounds like a whiny teen. I know that wasn't the true Cadence, but she did take over her voice as well as her body, didn't she?

Ah well. I'm sure it could be interesting laugh.png

I highly doubt pregnant. They don't want a bunch of angry parents saying, "Why is my kid asking where foals come from?!" It's totally possible for them to have a kid. I'm not sure it'd be any good for me. I hated Baby Cakes, and sometimes I think they make their children obnoxious the only foals I really like are Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell (Babs isn't all that bad). So I'm not sure I'd be thrilled about seeing yet another plot that revolves around whining little babies that don't strike me as realistic. If we're going for cuteness I'd like to see more of the mane six as foals, or Celestia and Luna. 

FYI it doesn't seem like a good idea to add yet another character to two characters that have so little development.

Eh. As a person who doesn't like Cady or Shining very much, I hope that baby wouldn't hog up the whole show. A few episodes of appearance, maybe, but now that Twilight's a princess, the last thing I want is the show to mainly be about the "royal family" all the time. I doubt that would happen, though. I'd much rather Cadence have a baby than Twilight get married and have one.

I was about to say, "what's wrong with you? it's a kids show blah blah blah"

but thinking about it, it's a certain possibility, however I would think that it's not "safe" to put her pregnant, with the growing belly, and her cervical pains and the water breaking.... blink.png  ok, enough of that.

In exchange they would just put the mane6 in the hospital waiting for the new baby and that's it, just like happened with Mrs. Cake. It would be interesting to see a baby by Cadance and Shining, I bet it will be a baby alicorn wacko.png

• Brohoof 2

That could actually happen,it probaly ain't gonna show Cadanece pregnant,but only showing the foal would be awesome just like with pound cake and pumpkin cake :).

• Brohoof 2

I would love an episode where they have a foal.  It would be the cutest thing ever. :3  I would hope too that he/she would become sort of a bigger character and be in the show a lot.

• Brohoof 1