Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Half Life 3... confirmed... actually?

Fluttermedic

Ok here's the story, I was looking around Steam, seeing what's new and about on Team Fortress 2, when I come across this website: hl2ep3.com

It's apparently a countdown for the who knows how long waited Half Life 3. When I calculated the release date, it's apparently going to be released on Saturday, March 3, 2013. Being on a saturday increases its legitimacy.

Then it hit me.

March 3, 2013 = 3/3/2013

Now I know that it has to be legit, there is now way that this can be a coincidence, it was put on that date.

Now I'm starting to think Gabe held it back this long for this date, that darn guy, he knows how to put things in suspense.

So what are your guys' thoughts, do you think Half Life 3 will finally be released in our gamer lifetime, or end up being a clever troll idea from Valve?

• Brohoof 4

Well, "HL2E3" seems to indicate Half-Life 2, Episode 3, rather than HL 3 itself.

Seems odd there would be no announcement though.

I think fake.

You do realize that Half Life 3 is basically Half Life 2, Episode 3? People just call it Half Life 3 because of how long HL2EP3 is.

Well, "HL2E3" seems to indicate Half-Life 2, Episode 3, rather than HL 3 itself.

Seems odd there would be no announcement though.

I think fake.

They've been dropping hints for years, doing something like this without a formal announcement is right up Valve's alley.

That being said, I won't truly believe it until we do get a announcement.

And it's been confirmed for a long time that the next game is going to be Half-Life 2: Episode 3 and not actually Half-Life 3. The Combine storyline isn't over yet, they said a long time ago that the next Half-Life game would be the end of the whole Combine deal, though not necessarily of the series.

• Brohoof 2

I really hate to burst bubbles here, but here I go. Many have commented on other sites that this site wasn't registered by valve after doing a who-is lookup. I have no doubts at all that half life 3 is under development, but this doesn't offer any credibility. I mean sure, it could be real, but just don't get your hopes up until a real announcement.

I thought Valve was just going to release a huge game simply titled "Three", and it would have Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3, Half Live 3, and Team Fortress 3 all bundled into one big game. I thought that was their plan.

Either way, I hope this is legit, mostly because I'm tired of seeing Brock Obama cluttering my Facebook wall about how there should be a Half-Life 3.

Edited by Descant
  • Brohoof 4

I really hate to burst bubbles here, but here I go. Many have commented on other sites that this site wasn't registered by valve after doing a who-is lookup. I have no doubts at all that half life 3 is under development, but this doesn't offer any credibility. I mean sure, it could be real, but just don't get your hopes up until a real announcement.

This man speaks the truth. Just did a whois myself, and it looks really non-legit:

[Querying whois.verisign-grs.com][Redirected to whois.enom.com][Querying whois.enom.com][whois.enom.com]=-=-=-=Visit AboutUs.org for more information about hl2ep3.com	Domain name: hl2ep3.com
Administrative Contact:   Uber Global Pty Ltd   Domain Hostmaster (domains@uber.com.au)   +61.261639350   Fax: +61.261632000   GPO Box 1515   Canberra, ACT 2601   AUTechnical Contact:   Uber Global Pty Ltd   Domain Hostmaster (domains@uber.com.au)   +61.261639350   Fax: +61.261632000   GPO Box 1515   Canberra, ACT 2601   AURegistrant Contact:   Uber Global Pty Ltd   Domain Hostmaster ()      Fax:    GPO Box 1515   Canberra, ACT 2601   AUStatus: LockedName Servers:   ns69.hosting24.com   ns70.hosting24.com   Creation date: 05 Nov 2009 03:18:00Expiration date: 05 Nov 2013 03:18:00

There hasn't been any official announcement by Valve as an entity or anyone who works there. Nor was there anything during the ARG to suggest HL2:E3 was coming. In fact from things I've read from various interviews, I would suggest that no work has been done on the Half Life series since Episode 2. The running joke used to be Duke Nukem Forever would come out before Ep. 3. Now I'm gonna make the claim that Doom 4 will be out before any new Half Life installment.

A link I picked up from the HL2:E2 sub-forum:

http://www.fmvmagazine.com/?p=13379

Bottom of the article: “My dream project? Well, I’d love to work on Half-Life 3 some day…”

Gabe's such a big troll he could've registered the domain through somebody else only to cause ruckus. I won't belive a thing until I've downloaded the game myself, though. I still think Gabe will hold back HL3 until people stop making videos like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J28osS_vZ0

I thought Valve was just going to release a huge game simply titled "Three", and it would have Left 4 Dead 3, Portal 3, Half Live 3, and Team Fortress 3 all bundled into one big game. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I ALMOST DIED

• Brohoof 2

Anyone could have done this. I really wish it were real, but the only way we can tell at this point is to wait and see.

I doubt it though, because if it is legit, it would mean that Gabe Newell finally finished lunch.

• Brohoof 1

They've been dropping hints for years, doing something like this without a formal announcement is right up Valve's alley.

That being said, I won't truly believe it until we do get a announcement.

And it's been confirmed for a long time that the next game is going to be Half-Life 2: Episode 3 and not actually Half-Life 3. The Combine storyline isn't over yet, they said a long time ago that the next Half-Life game would be the end of the whole Combine deal, though not necessarily of the series.

I agree entirely. I've been keeping tabs on this for years and while its very like Valve to pull something like this I can't emotionally commit until there is an official announcement.

Personally I'd like them to bring back Shepard from the Opposing Force addon.

There hasn't been any official announcement by Valve as an entity or anyone who works there. Nor was there anything during the ARG to suggest HL2:E3 was coming. In fact from things I've read from various interviews, I would suggest that no work has been done on the Half Life series since Episode 2. The running joke used to be Duke Nukem Forever would come out before Ep. 3. Now I'm gonna make the claim that Doom 4 will be out before any new Half Life installment.

I don't remember exactly where I saw it, but in an interview, it was HEAVILY implied that there hasn't been much going on with ep3 because they're rebuilding Source from the ground up, and ep3 will be the first game to use Source 2. They want to finish the new engine before they really start getting into ep3. And for all we know, they could've finished it and already started working on ep3, and just haven't told anyone yet. That's also very like Valve.

There hasn't been any official announcement by Valve as an entity or anyone who works there. Nor was there anything during the ARG to suggest HL2:E3 was coming. In fact from things I've read from various interviews, I would suggest that no work has been done on the Half Life series since Episode 2.

I would beg to differ, my friend.

While it has been awfully quiet since 2009, there have been more than enough references to it and dodging of questions about it to guarantee it's been under st least some form of development since then.  They may have started over because of the decision to make HL3 instead of Episode 3 and use a new engine, but saying they've been doing absolutely nothing is definitely false.

Meh screw HL 3, I couldn't even make myself play HL 2 and all the episodes.I don't think that I'll be playing if they're sticking to the traditional formula.

They'd better release L4d3 and Portal 3

mlfw8597-Sweetiecry.png

well we do know ONE thing that Valve released recently info-wise

and that is that they are working on a NEW GAMING ENGINE!

A good friend of mine (Merekat) used to work for Valve back in the day

she did artwork for Counterstrike Source, Day of Defeat, HL 1

She now works for the company that does Guild Wars 2

don't belive me?... http://www.merekatcreations.com/

she was a moderator for Megatokyo forums back in the day

one of our other Mods currently works for Bioware :)

People the page is called "you have been trolled" this isn't real press on the link and look at the title like by the top of an iPhone browser. I'm sorry guys.

You see people! It's not real... We've all been badly trolled. It's never gonna happen. But anyways any news on a real announcement?

post-9146-0-58264700-1355292402_thumb.jpg