Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Next Elder Scrolls should be in Elswyr!

Discordian

Last time I saw a topic like this it said it should be in Skyrim. Guess where the next one was? So now I'm gonna continue the trend and try to make it in Elswyr!

I want full on deserts. None of the wasteland stuff like in Fallout, I want real dunes! Oasis'! (Oases for plural?)

I wanna see some real beautiful places like in The Mummy Returns!

I agree. It would be great to see something like that. Freakin' epic.

Also, by next Elder Scrolls, do you mean Elder Scrolls Online or Elder Scrolls 6?

Edited by Calirolls

Last time I saw a topic like this it said it should be in Skyrim. Guess where the next one was? So now I'm gonna continue the trend and try to make it in Elswyr!

I want full on deserts. None of the wasteland stuff like in Fallout, I want real dunes! Oasis'! (Oases for plural?)

I wanna see some real beautiful places like in The Mummy Returns!

Personally I'm leaning towards Hammerfell. Although the two provinces are rather similar so I think it wouldn't be too much harder to set the next one in two provinces instead of one. I think the next one will be set in High Rock though. However I don't know if they will make another ES game (Single Player) since the MMO is coming up.

We'll not get into my hatred of "turn everything multiplayer" that's been going on this generation but I was speaking of Elder Scrolls 6.

I'm not TOO big on Elder Scrolls lore since I only really played Oblivion estensively and only a tiny bit of Daggerfall so I don't know a whole lot about other provinces. I only know what I've heard from books and dialog in Oblivion and Skyrim (which I've only just started)

Before Skyrim was announced, general fan consensus was that it'll take place in the Summerset Isles.

I think I can see that happening for the next game, myself. Thirty or so years after Skyrim, and your character ends up leading a rebellion against the Thalmor after escaping from prison.

My personal preference would be ES:VI taking place in Black Marsh or Akavir, but that's just me.

Being in Elswyr could be interesting and kinda pretty I guess. But only is done right. Otherwise it would become kinda boring. Deserts are not the most interesting places.

Black Marsh
I am glad I am not the only one wanting this. To bad the elder scroll lore won't allow it.

Being in Elswyr could be interesting and kinda pretty I guess. But only is done right. Otherwise it would become kinda boring. Deserts are not the most interesting places.

I am glad I am not the only one wanting this. To bad the elder scroll lore won't allow it.

True Deserts are bland unless you either A) Make shit up or B ) REALLY know how a desert society lives and the economy around it.

Deserts have a lot of hidden beauty.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the rest of Tamriel kinda on bad terms with the Black Marsh? Argonians get a pretty bad rap at times in Oblivion.

I would still love to see it and before I knew what kind of place Elswyr was I wanted a Black Marsh game.

To be honest it might be in sumerset isles. Cuz of the whole thalmor thing. We are most likely going to have to fight the Dominion considering where the story is going. And the Thalmor are from Summerset. Plus it might be interesting to finally see the damn place and see all the stuff 'bout ze Elves.

Or maybe it can take place in multiple provinces? How 'bout this: Second Great War. Eeyup, there would be a second great war to fight against the dominion and take back Cyrodil and all of Tamriel. You would travel to the Imperial city, and to other places, maybe even the Thalmor headquarters in Summerset. Fight some of the most powerful high elf mages perhaps? And then we establish a new Empire! (would that be the Third or Fourth Empire?...) And perhaps some crazy stuff with the Daedra can be mixed in there too. =/

• Brohoof 4

Speaking of the Daedra I want a game that brings us into all of the Daedric realms. All we've seen (far as I know) are Oblivion and the madman's place. I gotta wonder what the other Daedric Prince's realms look like.

Personally I'm leaning towards Hammerfell. Although the two provinces are rather similar so I think it wouldn't be too much harder to set the next one in two provinces instead of one. I think the next one will be set in High Rock though. However I don't know if they will make another ES game (Single Player) since the MMO is coming up.

They have said that they intend to make another single player game eventually and that the MMO is more of a side project. It probably won't be in High Rock because one of the earlier games was set there (either the first or second I don't remember). I hope it's Hammerfell and/or Elswyr, but I'm pretty sure it won't be. Most likely it's going to be in Summerset.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the rest of Tamriel kinda on bad terms with the Black Marsh? Argonians get a pretty bad rap at times in Oblivion.  
No black marsh had separated themselves from the empire and so are just not treated so equally.
They are only really on bad terms with  Morrowind and well Elswyr.
True Deserts are bland unless you either A) Make shit up or B ) REALLY know how a desert society lives and the economy around it.
meh, I still prefer darker places.

Argonians have always gotten a bad rap. I'm not sure if there's actually something going on there or not, but I know there's a rebellion is Elswyr much like the one in Skyrim.

I would still love to see it and before I knew what kind of place Elswyr was I wanted a Black Marsh game.

The Argonians were victims of severe racism from the rest of Tamriel, and were fairly isolated from the rest of them anyway (it being said that many of their cities and settlements are deep enough into the forests that Imperial convoys never found trade with them to be feasible), and many Argonians were sold into slavery to the Dunmer.

After the Oblivion Crisis, the extremely anti-Imperial An-Xileel took power, Black Marsh was the first province to secede from the Empire (followed shortly after by Elseweyr an presumably everyone's favorite Elf Nazis), and several years later they invaded mainland Morrowind after it was devastated by natural disasters.

So, yeah. While they're not hostile to the rest of Tamriel, no one really likes them. They're fairly isolationist, and don't have a good track record.

Argonians have always gotten a bad rap. I'm not sure if there's actually something going on there or not, but I know there's a rebellion is Elswyr much like the one in Skyrim.

The i believe theres a rebellion in Hammerfell too. No one likes these damn Elves tellin' 'em what to do. I bet the people in summerset hate the Thalmor too.

I see there's a ton of lore I've missed out on having only played Oblivion fully through. I didn't even know half of this stuff. @_@

I need to get around to playing Morrowind one of these days. I hear by many it's the best in the series.

The i believe theres a rebellion in Hammerfell too. No one likes these damn Elves tellin' 'em what to do. I bet the people in summerset hate the Thalmor too.

I think the Wood Elves actually like them for some reason. But I really don't know anything about Valenwood, so I couldn't say for sure.

A timeline for those interested:

4E0: The aftermath of the events of TESIV: Oblvion, the Oblivion Crisis ends and the Empire is left without a leader. Ocato, the Elder Council, and the Blades try to restore order.

4E1: The empire divides: Black Marsh and Elseweyr secede from the Empire, and Summerset breaks away at some point within the next forty years.

4E5: Morrowind is devastated by natural disasters (a meteor strike, followed by a massive volcanic eruption), and Black Marsh invades the southern half of the province. Though Morrowind remains part of the empire, the province is now vestigial and more-or-less ruined.

4E10: Ocato is assassinated, and the Elder Council dissolves.

4E17: Titus Mede I is crowned the new Emperor of the Empire, finally reestablishing a line of succession after the extinction of the Septim bloodline, and bringing stability to the Empire's government.

4E22: The Thalmor take power in Summerset, and rename the two islands Alinor.

4E29: The Thalmor stage a coup and take over Valenwood. Valenwood immediately secedes from the Empire and enters into an alliance with Summerset. The Aldmeri Dominion is established by the two countries.

4E98-100: The two moons Masser and Secunda dissappear for two years, severely freaking out the Khajiit of Elseweyr who worship them. When they reappear, the Thalmor takes credit.

4E115: Elseweyr divides into two countries Aniquina and Pellentine, and they both join the Aldmeri Dominion as client states.

4E171: The Aldmeri Dominion declares war on the Empire after Titus Mede II rejects their demands, thus starting the famous Great War.

4E174: The Aldmeri Dominion captures the Imperial CIty, and Titus Mede II flees into Skyrim.

4E175: Titus Mede II returns to Cyrdiil with reinforcements and annihilates the Aldmeri's army. Despite the massive victory, Titus negotiates the White-Gold Concordat treaty with the Thalmor, and the Great War ends.

4E175 (immediately after): Hammerfell is furious with the White-Gold Concordat and secedes in protest of the Empire's betrayal. They go to war with the Aldmeri Dominion.

4E180: The Aldmeri Dominion signs a peace treaty with Hammerfell, and withdraws. Their war ends, but Hammerfell remains independant.

4E200-ish: The Stormcloaks revolt against the Empire.

4E201: The High King of Skyrim is assassinated and the Skyrim Civil War begins.

4E201 (a few days later): The events of TESV: Skyrim. At this point, the Empire is made up of Cyrodill, Skyrim, and High Rock. (Morrowind is ruined and doesn't count anymore). A far cry from the Empire when it was ran by Uriel Septim VII.

------

Getting back to the topic at hand, Summerset would make a good choice for TESVI, what with everything the Thalmor is doing along with Tamriel's World War II on the horizon.

However, an obscure bit of lore from the previous games before Skyrim hinted that the Tsaesci of Akavir may be preparing to invade Tamriel, so I think that would make for an interesting story for a future game. Since Akavir is to the east of Tamriel, that could be a good reason to place the game in Black Marsh, Morrowind, or somewhere in Akavir itself. x3

• Brohoof 1

Elswyr as the setting would be pretty cool. The only thing is; desert would get pretty boring after a while. ^_^

The Black Marsh would be pretty cool, and so would Summerset.

Though I guess they'd ALL make a pretty cool place to be, eh?

I thought the Akaviri disappeared? Oblivion suggests they just up and went missing after the first great war. Maybe they just disappeared from Cyrodiil.

I'm a little fuzzy on pre-Oblivion lore and very fuzzy on pre-Third Era lore. But the way I understand it is that there are still plenty of them still in Akavir after Uriel V's botched invasion of the continent, which I think is the last time Cyrodiil had any formal contact with anyone from Akavir.

However I don't know if they will make another ES game (Single Player) since the MMO is coming up.

The MMO is being developed by a separate team in ZeniMax. Bethesda's only the publisher. So I don't think their run on single-player TES games is up.

I too would love to see the next game in Elsweyr. They could do a lot of amazing stuff with that setting, especially considering the contrast between the desert and jungle regions inside that continent.

Not for a while, though. I'm really digging this back-and-forth momentum between Fallout and TES. It really does wonders on preventing burnout on either series. So if Bethesda does release some massive open world game next, it should be FO4.

• Brohoof 4

Desert gameplay might actually be fun if done right.

Not for a while, though. I'm really digging this back-and-forth momentum between Fallout and TES. It really does wonders on preventing burnout on either series. So if Bethesda does release some massive open world game next, it should be FO4.

totally agree with this

Plus it gives people, like me, time to actually play more of skyrim before another game comes out. Not really into the whole Fallout gameplay.

My vote is for Black Marsh. Elyswyr might be ok, but I think Black Marsh offers more possibilities. Valenwood might not be bad either. For all those who havn't played Morrowind, you should, it might not have all the bells and whistles of Oblivion and Skyrim, but Morrowind... well, Morrowind has such an alien feel to it. I mean everything from the architecture to the food is... inhuman. They did a very very good job of making the Dark Elves something more than just 'oh dark elves are angsty assassins,' but really creating a whole and complex culture from the ground up for them.

Hell by the time the next Elder Scrolls is out we might have powerful enough to computers so that we can play on the whole continent of Tamriel heheh.

Who would want an Elder Scrolls VI: Tamriel, hm?

(An Elder Scrolls VI: Nirn would be better but i think thats probably impossible...)

Hell by the time the next Elder Scrolls is out we might have powerful enough to computers so that we can play on the whole continent of Tamriel heheh.

Who would want an Elder Scrolls VI: Tamriel, hm?

(An Elder Scrolls VI: Nirn would be better but i think thats probably impossible...)

When you say "Elder Scrolls VI: Nirn it makes me think of something like Civilization.

Kinda makes me want a Civilization-type TES game.