Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Christian bronies: meet, greet, and mingle!

Zach TheDane

• 2 weeks later...

Good day, everypony! I am a born-again Christian (non-denominational) and I am seeking to connect with other believers who enjoy My Little Pony like I do!

Do there happen to be any Christian bronies or pegasisters in the Cleveland, Ohio area on here?

Edited by Flameheart_Kindle
  • Brohoof 1

Good day, everypony! I am a born-again Christian (non-denominational) and I am seeking to connect with other believers who enjoy My Little Pony like I do!

Do there happen to be any Christian bronies or pegasisters in the Cleveland, Ohio area on here?

I'm not quite in Ohio, but I'm in West Virginia. Cleveland is only about 3 hours away.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm too shy to post anything, but I would like to at least post here,

Don't be afraid to post your opinion even if not create your own threads. People are mostly welcoming here. I would expect nothing less of our fandom.

Maryland brony here :D... even though I'm going to college in Virginia.

Native Catholic Pennsylvanian going to college in Florida.

Ironic considering Maryland and Florida both have strong Catholic ties but I was born to neither.

• Brohoof 1

Ironic considering Maryland and Florida both have strong Catholic ties but I was born to neither.

Well, Maryland is recognized as as the first mainly Catholic state, as well as the home of America's first Basilica. ;)

Edited by Sudo Krenton
  • Brohoof 1

Right there with ya! :lol: Though I do not judge those who do not believe, I am a Christian myself.  I have been part of the brony fandom for about three months now.  This might sound a little weird to you all, but MLP has really actually helped me to be a better Christian.  It simply makes me want to be a better person, and I act on that desire.  All in all, this show and fandom has really helped me to improve myself.  Are there any of you who feel the same?

• Brohoof 2

Right there with ya! :lol: Though I do not judge those who do not believe, I am a Christian myself.  I have been part of the brony fandom for about three months now.  This might sound a little weird to you all, but MLP has really actually helped me to be a better Christian.  It simply makes me want to be a better person, and I act on that desire.  All in all, this show and fandom has really helped me to improve myself.  Are there any of you who feel the same?

It doesn't sound weird at all. This show has taught me to be a better Christian and better person and I've been a brony for three years now!

God, has it really been that long?

Anyway, I would not be the man I am nor on my way to a happy and productive life without this show.

@Steel Accord: I'm going to take a shot in the dark here then. 

Well, I'm a non-denominational christian half-raised by Buddhists, baptized in a feeding trough full of hose water.  At age 17 I'm struggling with something I did in my past, and I live in one of the few Cities in my state; Colorado Springs. I've recently lost nearly all of my friends, and I've been trying to find someone to connect with.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm a non-denominational christian half-raised by Buddhists, baptized in a feeding trough full of hose water.  At age 17 I'm struggling with something I did in my past, and I live in one of the few Cities in my state; Colorado Springs. I've recently lost nearly all of my friends, and I've been trying to find someone to connect with.

Well, welcome aboard ^^. If you wanna talk about what's troubling you... or anything else, feel free to PM me.

• Brohoof 2

Well, welcome aboard ^^. If you wanna talk about what's troubling you... or anything else, feel free to PM me.

Likewise. Somepony here is always willing to hear you out and advise you on how you're feeling.  :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, throughout my life I always considered myself a Christian. My whole family is religious, mostly Christians. Well most of them are cool like that. I just got into this brony fandom since March 21, 2015. I'm curious, if you're at bible study, would you ever bring up MLP? I plan on joining my first bible study sometime soon when I get my stuff together. First I need to break some of this shyness of mine. I notice it getting much better already. This is part of the reason I watch MLP.

Oh yeah big time. MLP is helping me repent some of my worst sin. I had some bad sin before becoming a brony. Also, It has helped me bring back a lot of my past childhood that was very loving about me. However, I like to give God all the credit for helping me through it. As a youngster, I used to think I couldn't ever been given better parents. That started to change as I grew older. Now, I'm rediscovering myself about all of my childhood that God loved about me. I'm just finding many good parts of my childhood then placing them inside my adult self. I'm starting to enjoy praying more and reading the Bible more. Like I just bought myself a Large Print Ultathin KJV book. My 5th Bible.

Got to have child like faith, right?

Matthew 18, 3.

Jars of Clay, “Like a Child”.

Kutless, “What Faith Can Do”.

I like songs that talk about mountains. I climb desert mountain hills and look for caves and huge rocks. There's a lot of this kind of stuff where I live.

Edited by KeithDJohnson
  • Brohoof 1

Need more motivation for bible-reading.

Can someone enlighten me?

Well what do you need to know? I'm not a Biblical scholar but perhaps I can offer some advice.

I don't think anyone should ever have someone else "motivate" them to read the Bible, that's a slippery slope right there.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Try my profile about page. Maybe it'll help. I like Oregon; my favorite uncle lives in Medford. I like all the green there and all the fresh air. I heard a lot of Oregon is desert, well the eastern part. Is that true?

Try my profile about page. Maybe it'll help. I like Oregon; my favorite uncle lives in Medford. I like all the green there and all the fresh air. I heard a lot of Oregon is desert, well the eastern part. Is that true?

I live in the Willamette Valley area, so deserts in oregon feels weird to me. Nice place.

• Brohoof 1

To Quote the hymn Amazing Grace, "the Lord has promised good to me, His Word my hope secures"; or to put it in a rather blunt way... A Christian who does not read the Bible ( or pray much as well), is like the man who decides to go without food or water. If you think I'm being overzealous, the testimony of Scripture will tell you the same ( Psalm 1 for example), as well as experience of myself and others.

And if that leaves you unconvinced, my Grandfather is on his death bed, and one of the main things that has kept me going through the vigils and utter turmoil; is the testimony of Scripture and being under the preaching of it.

Simply put, if you don't crack open a Bible now, spending time learning about the Almighty revealed in Scripture; in the day of trial you will either abandon the faith entirely or the trial itself may well destroy you. And I speak with the utmost honesty here.

• Brohoof 1

“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” (John 15: 18-19)

OMG I'm so glad I found this piece of scripture.

It's exactly what I needed to read right now. Thought I'd share it.

It's just the kind that I want to write down and keep in my pocket for those rough patches.

I hate feeling hated and alone... B(

Don't worry for me, my life actually isn't that bad right now.

But sometimes you just get those times were you feel like the rest of the world is just going down the crapper and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it so you just sit there and watch it burn. I'll remind myself to pray about it, but if anyone here thinks about it, I'd sure appreciate your prayers as well.

I just want some peace of mind. XP

• Brohoof 2