Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Please Help Another Fandom

pifmiguel

As some of you may know, the cartoon Motorcity has not been approved for a second season by Disney. However, we in the fandom are not giving up the hope that it can be saved. There is a petition to return the intellectual property to the animation studio that created it, but we need more signatures.

I am completely heartbroken that Motorcity is not returning. This show deserves everything, but got treated like dirt by Disney from the start. If we manage to save Motorcity, we would show our power as fandoms working together. Please help us out.  It would mean the world to me and thousands of other fans. 

Anything you can do to get the word out about Motorcity's plight is greatly appreciated, and goes a long way.

http://www.change.org/petitions/disney-return-the-motorcity-ip-to-titmouse

Thank you for reading. I hope you decide to help us out. 

• Brohoof 4

I've seen the show a few times, and I'll admit, I didn't really care for it, but no fandom deserves to have its show canceled. What a horrible fate. Of course I'll sign the petition. Also, what @@Swordfishtrombone said about supporting a studio named 'Titmouse'.

Oh my gosh, thank you guys so much. I've approached a lot of fandoms asking for assistance, but you are the first to actually help. For that, the entire Motorcity fanbase is grateful. 

Motorcity is a very well animated show, about a group of hot-rod drivers who rebel against a futuristic, utopian empire's dictator. It's a beautifully done show, and it's only been on for a few months. It seems like Disney didn't want it to succeed from the start, by moving its timeslot several times, airing episodes out of order, leaking episodes, playing it once a week, and playing it late at night. They have not advertised for it, or released any merchandise. We're trying to fight this injustice, but the fact is that most people just don't know about Motorcity. We need to get the word out, so we may have a better chance at getting another season (hopefully on a network that will support this amazing show)!

• Brohoof 1

Oh my gosh, thank you guys so much. I've approached a lot of fandoms asking for assistance, but you are the first to actually help. For that, the entire Motorcity fanbase is grateful. 

Motorcity is a very well animated show, about a group of hot-rod drivers who rebel against a futuristic, utopian empire's dictator. It's a beautifully done show, and it's only been on for a few months. It seems like Disney didn't want it to succeed from the start, by moving its timeslot several times, airing episodes out of order, leaking episodes, playing it once a week, and playing it late at night. They have not advertised for it, or released any merchandise. We're trying to fight this injustice, but the fact is that most people just don't know about Motorcity. We need to get the word out, so we may have a better chance at getting another season (hopefully on a network that will support this amazing show)!

well that does not make much sense, why would disney try to get a show shutdown? is it just because its not made by themselves?

well that does not make much sense, why would disney try to get a show shutdown? is it just because its not made by themselves?

It maybe various reasons (ratings, politics, etc) but Disney is Disney. <_<

I'll sign, any fandom that gets there show yanked off before some sort of conclusion is kind of sad. I do hope you guys get your show back on the air. :)

I don't know of the show, don't really think the concept sounds incredibly interesting, and probably won't support something just due to the name "Titmouse"...

But shows which were aired out-of-order were NEVER GIVEN A LEGITIMATE CHANCE. I cannot even fathom what kind of reasoning would lead to such a decision, but it hurts ANY series which didn't plan for it (and there's not much that can be done to plan for it either).

It maybe various reasons (ratings, politics, etc) but Disney is Disney. <_<

I'll sign, any fandom that gets there show yanked off before some sort of conclusion is kind of sad. I do hope you guys get your show back on the air. :)

Thank you a lot, your support is really helpful! When news about the cancelation first got out, most of the fans were up in arms and more than willing to fight Disney. But as the months have passed, people have become more and more hopeless. It's truly depressing to witness a fandom that was once filled with optimism and vibrancy become so miserable. 

Perhaps I will look into it some more. Say, how large is this Motorcity fandom exactly, how you go in regards to the community?

The Motorcity fandom is mostly centered around tumblr, so it's difficult to judge its size. However, it's surprising how large the fandom has grown in such a short time, and with such minimal publicity. The thing is, the show is only just beginning, and we were all looking forward to seeing the community grow. The internet fandom is probably around 13,000, but the Motorcity page on the American Disney XD website has over 30,000 likes. When I first started watching it, I was convinced that it would reach the popularity of MLP. The moral lessons it teaches and the characterization are similar to those in MLP. Not to mention the potential for selling toys based on the cars and characters in the show. The thing that crushes me most about the cancelation are the possibilities that will go unfulfilled. 

• Brohoof 1

I haven't ever heard of this show, but I will sign anyway, I would hate to have anybodys fandom ruined! I remember the feels I had when a show I liked ended. ;-; Anyway, I hope your petition gets enough signatures!

• Brohoof 1

I don't know of the show, don't really think the concept sounds incredibly interesting, and probably won't support something just due to the name "Titmouse"...

But shows which were aired out-of-order were NEVER GIVEN A LEGITIMATE CHANCE. I cannot even fathom what kind of reasoning would lead to such a decision, but it hurts ANY series which didn't plan for it (and there's not much that can be done to plan for it either).

Thank you for your support! I didn't think the show would be interesting, either. I found it completely by accident. But the characters are truly what make Motorcity enjoyable. The five main characters--The Burners--each have their own roles in the gang: the fearless dare devil, the shy coward, the tough male chauvinist, the intelligent artist, and the calm secret agent. They're what really bring the show to life: the cars are just a means for them to fight against their oppressors. 

I can't fathom Disney's decision either. And this is the only one of their programs that they've treated this way. Ironically, it's the only program they have that is actually worth watching. 

I've seen the show a few times, and I'll admit, I didn't really care for it, but no fandom deserves to have its show canceled. What a horrible fate. Of course I'll sign the petition. Also, what @@Swordfishtrombone said about supporting a studio named 'Titmouse'.

Thank you, I'm glad you're helping us out! I have a friend who's a really big fan of MLP, and I have to say that his passion for that is equal to mine for Motorcity. It's been really difficult for me to find hope in this situation, when Motorcity, my main inspiration, is the thing that's being shut down. 

• Brohoof 1

I watched this show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The animation was extremely nice, and had style similar to The Gorillaz, did the same people help design the show? The humour and character development were spot on. Overall, very good and certainly a show worthy of many, many more episodes, and I would highly encourage everyone to sign this petition.

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

I watched this show and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The animation was extremely nice, and had style similar to The Gorillaz, did the same people help design the show? The humour and character development were spot on. Overall, very good and certainly a show worthy of many, many more episodes, and I would highly encourage everyone to sign this petition.

Thank you for the support, I'm so glad you enjoy the show! In my opinion, the only thing that is preventing Motorcity from reaching the fame it deserves is Disney denying it support. And you're right, the style of Motorcity is done by the same person who designed The Gorillaz. There are a lot of people with prominent backgrounds working on Motorcity; one of the writers, John O'Bryan, wrote for Avatar: The Last Airbender. :) I hope you'll help us spread the word about the protest, we could really use another voice!

I never heard of it, so i went and looked it up. i watched the intro, and HOLY CRAP IT LOOKS BADASS. you bet your ass i'm gonna sign. anything to save good tv. i'm sick of the crap disney normally has, and stuff like that is a breath of fresh air.

*signs*

hell i might start watching it myself. any chance you know where i can find some episodes? ^^

Edited by crazitaco

I never heard of it, so i went and looked it up. i watched the intro, and HOLY CRAP IT LOOKS BADASS. you bet your ass i'm gonna sign. anything to save good tv. i'm sick of the crap disney normally has, and stuff like that is a breath of fresh air.

*signs*

hell i might start watching it myself. any chance you know where i can find some episodes? ^^

Right? The only problem with Motorcity is that it's so unknown. I only started watching it last September, but I quickly became a hardcore fan. If more people had heard about it sooner, I'm sure it wouldn't be in the situation it's in right now.

Episodes are available for purchase on iTunes; unfortunately, I don't think they're available for free on the internet.