Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Horses Movies

almozayaf

it a pony site so let talk about horses movies

MLP movies don't count

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron (2002)

a cartoon but the best movie i see about a horse, my frinde love these one and rent it over and over again, it about a horse (awaseom horse) that get capture by the most evil kind of monsters (HUMAN)

and then he try to free him self. didn't get OSCAR

Black Beauty (1994)

a story about bor guy and a horses and they search for each other. . didn't get OSCAR

War Horse (2011)

it just a mix of Black Beauty and Spirit

get OSCAR

what others horses movies you like

War Horse isn't really a mix between the two. It does take some key elements from Black Beauty, but none from Spirit, as far as I could tell.

I quite like Spirit, which is my favorite horse movie. At least it isn't Secretariat where they can't check a damn fact. I'm not a fan of horse racing movies, but gosh.

Well a few ones that I've seen and actually liked on some level are:

The Horse Whisperer (1998)

The mother of a severely traumatized daughter enlists the aid of a unique horse trainer to help the girl's equally injured horse.

- It's been a while since I actually saw this last, but I remember it being quite nice :)

- IMDB-page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119314/

Flicka (2006)

Young Katy claims a wild horse as her own -- an effort to prove to her father that she is capable of one day taking over the family ranch.

- Saw this a few months ago. It's a really touching story, and very nice to watch.

- IMDB-page: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0434215/

I don't usually like to watch horse-movies for some reason, but these I really liked. I also liked Spirit a lot. It was one of my favourite movies when I was younger. :)

Would the Last Unicorn count? Or are you only talking about realistic horse movies? 

Even so, the Last Unicorn was awesome when I was little, but I used to only remember the unicorn turning human and that...chest-y tree. Watching the Nostalgia Chick's review for was extremely nostalgic. Now That I'm a Woman was a horrible song though. 

I don't recall seeing any other horse movies aside from Black Beauty and Spirit. Oh, and that movie about the horse-racing zebra (Racing Stripes, I believe.) I loved Spirit and Black Beauty, but I hated Racing Stripes.