Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyTalk

St. Pinkie

Sometimes, there are ways to find Bronies hidden about your workplace. I like to tease at it on campus. So have any of you ever answered questions or commented on anything in ways that only Bronies would understand? From lame jokes to witty responses, let's share what we got!

I said this this morning during my Broadcast Writing lesson. I KNOW IT'S LAME XD

Lecturer: What is the difference between a dash and a hyphen?

Me: A dash is 20% cooler. :wub:

*crickets*

Edited by St. Pinkie
  • Brohoof 2

I do like to throw the random "And than I said 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?'" once in a while.

It's worked twice to hilarious effect.

Edited by hardcore_crispy
  • Brohoof 1

My friends write the occasional "Needs to be about 20% cooler" or "Rarity is best pony" on a blackboard.

Nobody we don't know says anything. (insert sadface)

rarity isn't even the best pony what are they thinking

Edited by (insert username)

I've thrown out the 20% cooler line, and a few other subtle references. The best response I got out of someone was this:

Friend: That stupid bug bit me, I was just trying to make friends with it. Why would it do that?

Me: Because friendship is not magic?

Friend: Wait, is that from that pony thing?

Me:...yes.

Friend: Man, I really have to start watching that...

• Brohoof 3

I'd like to extend this topic to actions/perceptual results, in addition to the verbal ones.

I was having a chat with a friend I had over. He was sitting on a couch, while I was in my computer chair. I forget what to (maybe at him), but I was pointing at something.

It was at that moment I wondered: "Why is there this thing coming out of my hoof?" :o

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

I've thrown in a "20% cooler" and "10 seconds flat" a few times, and once, when I was walking into a classroom talking to my friend, right as we entered, I said "And then I said Oatmeal, are you craz-" much louder than the rest of the conversation, but no avail.

I use "Praise Celestia" when something dramatic occurs. The 20% cooler also has been adapted as a Brony radar. On top of that I stealthily refer to by friends as Bronies when they least expect. Plus exclamations like "muffins!" when ordering coffee at a store and "You look like you could be good at eating cupcakes" to people who are really thin.

Out of the blue yesterday, my classmate was having trouble getting our attention for a project, and I, as usual, was in a eorld of my own. She kinda lost it in front.

"FILLIES AND GENTLECOLTS"

I stood to attention. Immediately.

• Brohoof 4

Last night I was doing a job setting up a computer at a client's house and making sure everything worked. I didn't want to go rooting around in her file system, so I used an MP3 of "Winter Wrap-up" to test the speakers and printed a picture of Rainbow Dash to test the printer. She hadn't a clue of course, but I could see she was enjoying the song so I left it on her computer for her :)

• Brohoof 2

I've been dropping pony phrases into conversation for a while now. Haven't met anyone who recognized it yet, but it is fun. Sometimes I'll say something like I wish my job was 20% cooler. People will raise eyebrows at me. :)

I'm using the dramatic reading of the theme song as a monologue in drama. And I do use a few bits of pony vernacular every once in a while. Thankfully I have one friend who understands most of the memes and jokes, even though he doesn't consider himself a brony.

I'm using the dramatic reading of the theme song as a monologue in drama. And I do use a few bits of pony vernacular every once in a while. Thankfully I have one friend who understands most of the memes and jokes, even though he doesn't consider himself a brony.

How do you dramatically read "My little pony" three times in a row? Just intrigued!