Fallout: Equestria on Amazon?

Auryn

I was looking up information on the hardcover books being published when I discovered three volumes of recently released softcover on Amazon!

Amazon has a long history of selling... less than official MLP merchandise, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows anything about it? Looking through the previews, it seems legit, complete with simple illustrations at the beginning of each chapter.

I was really excited to discover this, but I am also very hesitant before I throw my money at someone who might be profiting from someone else's works without their permission.

http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-Equestria-1-KKat/dp/1481177079/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1359133573&sr=1-1

Check it out here!

• Brohoof 1

I heard about this on EQD a while ago. Yeah, they were making hardcover versions of Fallout Equestria. As far as I could tell, Kkat was ok with it, but i'm not sure. Hopefully, he'll get a cut of the profit, but it's still an achievement to have your story in hardcover form for everypony to read. It gives a sense of... longevity to the writer.

Maybe that's what Kkat wanted.

post-3479-0-21462700-1338593893.png

Placed an order for the first volume...we will see how it goes.

I plan on posting a video or some sort of review when I receive it on Wednesday.

-------------------------------------------------

Just got my book today, and the quality is very good. It looks very professional. The one problem that I have with it is the fact that the original, unrevised text was used for these printings, and thus a couple of typos appear. Nothing too horrible is wrong with the book, and it is a very nice hard cop of one of the finest fics ever written.

Bottom Line: Buy it. It is ridiculously cheap for the quality.

Pony Archive: If you can't find something pony that has been taken off of the internet, try here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?t7z38vq0wngv9

Oh wow I would love to get a copy! I am wondering as to the legality of it, I'm sure Hasbro would have a field day but that wouldn't stop me buying it.

Street artist | activist | Fanfic writer | Fire Spinner | attempting Musician

Guys, I don't understand.

Paying for fanfiction? Just so you can have it in a book?

Maybe it's just that I'm so used to reading in the screen, but I don't understand the thought of paying for something that is free.

And can it even be sold? It's derivative work from MLP. I'd think Hasbro would shoot it down.

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/32864/Metemponychosis

For dumb, self-important fics about mythology, ponies and fascist griffons that can't figure friendship out.

And I'm just getting started.

Guys, I don't understand.

Paying for fanfiction? Just so you can have it in a book?

Maybe it's just that I'm so used to reading in the screen, but I don't understand the thought of paying for something that is free.

And can it even be sold? It's derivative work from MLP. I'd think Hasbro would shoot it down.

I'm just a stickler for having a hard copy if I can get it. Theres something nice about having a actual book in your hands and to be honest this one is well worth it.

This is one of the best stories I have ever read, let alone fanfics.

And not only does Kkat make no profit at all off of this, but Hasbro has no plans for publishing anything similar, thus they will not take it down.

Also fair use (maybe?).

EDIT: Also, it would be amazing if Dr. Dissonance were to release CDs of the soundtrack for Fallout: Equestria through CreateSpace. Maybe I will message him on Youtube.

Edited by JakobGibby
  • Brohoof 1

Pony Archive: If you can't find something pony that has been taken off of the internet, try here:

That's cool and all that it's on amazon, but I have a question: should I read Fallout Equestria? I've heard it's good but it's the (according to yahoo answers) 16th longest novel in the world, and it feels like I missed out on so much already. I wouldn't really have time to read it during this semester between playing CoD and doing homework, but tell me if this is worth it.

My main OCs:           Previously known as:

Azure Scythe             Thatoneguy42

Strafe Run                 Azure Scythe

Angela Audiophile   Azurepony4269

That's cool and all that it's on amazon, but I have a question: should I read Fallout Equestria? I've heard it's good but it's the (according to yahoo answers) 16th longest novel in the world, and it feels like I missed out on so much already. I wouldn't really have time to read it during this semester between playing CoD and doing homework, but tell me if this is worth it.

Yes you should, its a great work of fiction even if you removed the whole pony thing, but if you feel it might take too long here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCyD3-jSFNU&list=PLBX-BvTh7SMC_NGlshPVbWEPJSCy0fTI9

72 hours of audiobook read for you by Crazedrambling... not all at once mind.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely worth it.

An emotional rollercoaster ride not afraid to tackle huge real world and personal issues, despite being a fanfic. Some of the best characterization I have ever read in any book, including published ones. A story that builds until it reaches startlingly epic proportions and the fate of the world hangs in the balance.

On the flip side, a lot of potentially objectionable content, including tons of language, disturbingly detailed violence, and (if you read Chapter 20.5, which is canon but not included in most postings of the main story but is included in all printed copies) a semi-graphic sex scene. None of this comes close to bothering me, as it is all for a very definite purpose and not attempting to be offensive for the sake of being offensive, but I know some people take objection to it.

As I said before, one of my favorite books of ALL time, but beware the length, as you will get sucked in. Definitely deserves at least one read if you have the time, though, regardless of your knowledge of Fallout (none is necessary).

EDIT: Also, full soundtrack here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7D1054465810EE3

Edited by JakobGibby

It should be noted that Fallout: Equestria was written before the end of Season 2, so some stuff won't make sense when looked at from post season 2 finale eyes. In other words, no reformed Discord and no Changlings.

If Hasbro has a problem with it they'll probably order a cease and desist and take it down.  But looking at the price it's probably cheaper to buy it than it is to print it myself (note: I have no plans on reading it or buying it).

But it really depends on how closely it ties into the show.  I know little about legality but if it doesn't use any trademarks (i.e. Twilight Sparkle) and only consists of basic parts of the show to the point where without ponies it could still be understood by the reader I would like to believe that it would be OK.  Don't take my word for it.

If Hasbro has a problem with it they'll probably order a cease and desist and take it down.  But looking at the price it's probably cheaper to buy it than it is to print it myself (note: I have no plans on reading it or buying it).

But it really depends on how closely it ties into the show.  I know little about legality but if it doesn't use any trademarks (i.e. Twilight Sparkle) and only consists of basic parts of the show to the point where without ponies it could still be understood by the reader I would like to believe that it would be OK.  Don't take my word for it.

Well it does have Twilight in it, as she comes up in memories etc as do the rest of the mane 6 and several other characters. Anyway if Hasbro don't do something I'm sure Bethesda will, I mean it follows plenty of plot lines of theirs.

Edited by Fridge

Well it does have Twilight in it, as she comes up in memories etc as do the rest of the mane 6 and several other characters. Anyway if Hasbro don't do something I'm sure Bethesda will, I mean it follows plenty of plot lines of theirs.

Yeah.  I'm more or less concerned that Amazon carries it rather than has it in the marketplace (I remember bootleg Pokemon games showing up on their marketplace at some point in time).

Yeah.  I'm more or less concerned that Amazon carries it rather than has it in the marketplace (I remember bootleg Pokemon games showing up on their marketplace at some point in time).

I imagine amazon have some form of disclaimer allowing them to take no responsibility for things like that. It would be bloody stupid if they haven't.

• Brohoof 1

Since you got a "good" opinion on it, I'll give a "not so good opinion" on it.

Yes, it's well written. It is good, as fan fictions tend to go. But to me, most of the time it didn't feel like a MLP fan fiction. It felt like a Fallout fan fiction that happens to be set on Equestria. Doesn't mean that you need to like the videogames but it borrows heavily from the Fallout Series, in a way that will make you identify immediately events and locations from Fallout. Beyond that, there are moments that stuff from MLP is forced to fit into the Fallout formula.

Having said that, it's way bigger than it needs to be in order to tell its story.

Be prepared for gore, rape insinuation, and some points of WTF?? in the points that cover the backstory of the war.

• Brohoof 1

https://www.fimfiction.net/user/32864/Metemponychosis

For dumb, self-important fics about mythology, ponies and fascist griffons that can't figure friendship out.

And I'm just getting started.