Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

-casually snoops into best pony's thread-

It's good to be home. I've been running into a lot of Rarity hate lately! Can you imagine? HATING RARITY?

Where at?

Either way, I guess ignorance is bliss to some people. People just seem to write her off because she's the girliest of the group, which is sad. 

Oh well, not everyone is cut out to be as fabulous as us :please:

• Brohoof 5

Where at?

Either way, I guess ignorance is bliss to some people. People just seem to write her off because she's the girliest of the group, which is sad. 

Oh well, not everyone is cut out to be as fabulous as us :please:

Just... around. Including a lot of Fluttershy fans who believe Rarity is redundant. Pfft.  :proud:  They wouldn't know what generosity means if it hit them with a two ton anvil.

• Brohoof 5

Just... around. Including a lot of Fluttershy fans who believe Rarity is redundant. Pfft.  :proud:  They wouldn't know what generosity means if it hit them with a two ton anvil.

Really? :confused: Weird. Usually it's Rainbow Dash or Pinkie fans who make those kinds of comments.

Oh well, they'll never be able to understand the true power of fabulosity :proud:

684207__safe_rarity_sweetie+belle_glasse

• Brohoof 4

I've always been at least fond of Rarity, yet I thought that kind and generous were too similar, but I really think the difference is profound.

Kindness can be given by anybody in any circumstance.  Generosity is an unexpectedly large amount given. 

It took a while for me to see this one.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Doesn't Rarity look simply elegant as a deer? :wub:

large.jpeg

~snip~

Also, if they throw out "well Rarity doesn't live up to her element," since I know that absolutely asinine claim is one people love to make about her, here's 1 or 2 things to throw at them to hush them up :proud:

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 4

Redundant? Redundant! I get "not accessible since I really don't like fashion and stuff." but not REDUNDANT!

Earlier today we discussed a little bit of Classical Lit that Rarity might be drawn to. My selections included stories focused around strong willed, intelligent, driven, and feminine female protagonists. Rarity similar to the template of complex characters like Scarlett O'Hara and Amy fucking March. She is not redundant. She is arguably the most realistic character in the whole show ... without resorting to interpretation or headcanon

Are you kidding me? OT6EQrY.png

• Brohoof 6

I think the worst thing that's happened to Rarity, though, is that on occasion in the newer seasons that even the WRITERS forgot what kind of character she was. Same thing happened to Twilight and to a lesser extent Pinkie Pie. Let's hope that season five recoups.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I think the worst thing that's happened to Rarity, though, is that on occasion in the newer seasons that even the WRITERS forgot what kind of character she was. Same thing happened to Twilight and to a lesser extent Pinkie Pie. Let's hope that season five recoups.

Really? :confused: That's certainly an interesting take on things.

I think Season 4 was her best performance yet, and a lot of people seem to agree with that sentiment :please:

Oh well. I hope she has an excellent S5 myself :D

Rarity similar to the template of complex characters like Scarlett O'Hara and Amy fucking March.

I read somewhere that one of the major inspirations for Rarity was Scarlett O'Hara, actually :D

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Really? :confused: That's certainly an interesting take on things.

I think Season 4 was her best performance yet, and a lot of people seem to agree with that sentiment :please:

Oh well. I hope she has an excellent S5 myself 

They really dialed up some of her whininess and demanding tendencies to non-Rarity levels in the episodes where she was present but not the main character. We all have to admit, a little bit of that is Rarity, but... I feel some of it went out of character. Some episodes she's a cartoony "joke" type character, others she's actually the most "real" character of them all.

Edited by Xiv
  • Brohoof 2

I think people should just calm down on hating their least favorite of the mane 6. It's ok to have a favorite. It's ok to have a least favorite too, but don't go around bashing that character just to be an asshole. That's not cool.

mane_6_magical_hug_by_martinnus1-d5zl8x6

They are all great ponies. 

:D  

• Brohoof 6

(edited)

They really dialed up some of her whininess and demanding tendencies to non-Rarity levels in the episodes where she was present but not the main character. We all have to admit, a little bit of that is Rarity, but... I feel some of it went out of character. Some episodes she's a cartoony "joke" type character, others she's actually the most "real" character of them all.

Hmmm...I don't know :confused: I mean, it really felt like the only times she was over the top hamming was in her own episodes, but even still, it was in her own endearing way :wub:

Ah, well. Different perspectives, I guess :D

• Brohoof 5

Well I have to keep reminding myself that I wasn't a fan until I saw AOTD, SHS, etc

But I have to agree with Ghostie on S4.

BTW Xiv ... Do I call you "Ziv" in my head or 14?

• Brohoof 5

Found a couple of Alicorn Rarity pictures, figured you would all like to see them;

annoyed_princess_rarity_by_teammagix-d5u

princess_rarity_by_johnjoseco-d6igoe3.jp

Well now that was quite rude... I haven't seen anyone in the FlutterShy Fan club bashing anyone... I don't see any reason to say that to us, though if you have any names/quotes I would love to see them if only to know who it is...

I've always been at least fond of Rarity, yet I thought that kind and generous were too similar, but I really think the difference is profound.

Kindness can be given by anybody in any circumstance.  Generosity is an unexpectedly large amount given. 

It took a while for me to see this one.

*Sighs* Can we please not do this? All the elements are important, & all of them can be very difficult to do. Being a fan of both ponies, I know that Generosity AND Kindness are both very overlooked. People take both elements for granted, & if you try & be generous or kind to most people they will take advantage of you for it. And both could be very difficult to do under circumstances; Would you want to be kind or generous to someone who is insulting you or things you like? Would you freely give to those who hurt your friends? Kind to those who hurt your family? I would certainly hope not.

Both elements are important, & so are all the others. Despite what everyone says here (including you Ghostie) I never see or hear anything bad from the other fan clubs about Rarity. I am a part of all of them except AppleJack's, mostly due to a lack of screen time for me to truly get along with her character (though I do admit Pinkie Apple Pie was a great episode & had a wonderful song).

Maybe instead of going around & spreading dirt on other fanclubs, why not just be friends with everyone about this? This goes for all the fanclubs by the way, not just this one. I don't think any of the ponies would want their fans to going on about this pony or that pony's fans, wouldn't you agree?

mane_6_poster_by_waranto-d4lioc0.jpg

• Brohoof 6

I think people should just calm down on hating their least favorite of the mane 6. It's ok to have a favorite. It's ok to have a least favorite too, but don't go around bashing that character just to be an asshole. That's not cool.

mane_6_magical_hug_by_martinnus1-d5zl8x6

They are all great ponies.

Agree! And my least favorite is a character I desperately want then to do more with. In a sense I would mind them giving AJ a run for the money at #2.

• Brohoof 5

Well I have to keep reminding myself that I wasn't a fan until I saw AOTD, SHS, etc

But I have to agree with Ghostie on S4.

BTW Xiv ... Do I call you "Ziv" in my head or 14?

Ziv. (Techically Kseev but let's roll with the simpler option.)

S4 definitely was a good season for Rarity overall, and I have to say Generosity was probably my favorite musical of the season, and did her great justice.

• Brohoof 5

Ziv. (Techically Kseev but let's roll with the simpler option.)

S4 definitely was a good season for Rarity overall, and I have to say Generosity was probably my favorite musical of the season, and did her great justice.

Well, half my staff are in Bangalor India with five syllable sur and family names ... so Kseev it is. :D

post-25990-0-76233500-1406436058_thumb.png

• Brohoof 4

Well, half my staff are in Bangalor India with five syllable sur and family names ... so Kseev it is. :D

attachicon.gif2.png

Well, it certainly is nice to make your acquaintance!

• Brohoof 4

Can't see Rarity being a weeaboo :confused: I think she'd be more into French culture than anything, maybe a little English :please:

Plus, rice is a health food that fills you up without the calories :please: She's probably eating that to watch that gorgeous figure of hers :wub:

Chopsticks! It's just an amusing little thing to notice

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

So Rarity hate is on the rise or what? Now my day is ruined again...

Don't know why this fandom tries so desperately to make me hate it...

No, it isn't. Xiv just ran into some minor name calling, and we were talking about that :please: A couple of people calling her "repetitive" or "redundant" or whatever is hardly signaling a revival of the olden days of the fandom, where we were spit on by the masses for our favorite pony  :D

In short, it's nothing to worry about :proud:

• Brohoof 2

So Rarity hate is on the rise or what? Now my day is ruined again...

Don't know why this fandom tries so desperately to make me hate it...

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any hate for any of the ponies/clubs since the MLPF World Cup ended, been fairly quiet... Now this started & things are getting ugly again...

• Brohoof 2

As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any hate for any of the ponies/clubs since the MLPF World Cup ended, been fairly quiet... Now this started & things are getting ugly again...

Actually, I'd just like to point out really quick that my statement earlier was far from a slight on any of the other fanbases as much as it was speaking from the eyes of a seasoned veteran when it comes to dealing with Rarity haters. Sorry if it came across in a different way. 

Now, again, as I said above, there's hardly a problem and this is honestly a subject we shouldn't dwell on. It's being blown out of proportion - and that's coming from me, one of the most pride-ridden and overzealous Rarity fans out there. It's no big deal, and we need to axe this discussion before something small gets overblown.

That being said, it's 4:15 a.m. Night, fan club :D

large.png

• Brohoof 2

Actually, I'd just like to point out really quick that my statement earlier was far from a slight on any of the other fanbases as much as it was speaking from the eyes of a seasoned veteran when it comes to dealing with Rarity haters. Sorry if it came across in a different way. 

...When did I say you said anything about it? All I did was say that I thought this whole stupid crap was over & yet it appears to be being dredged up again... I never put the blame on you.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Alright guys, please keep this on topic. Last few responses have started to drift off topic. Lets get back to discussing Jewel Butt.

Edited by Dawn Rider
  • Brohoof 3