Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity Fan Club

Tomiix

Rarity cuddles with Sweetie Belle. :D

post-30335-0-89814800-1429220340_thumb.png

I would totally be best friends with Rarity. She's the only pony I wouldn't eventually get tired of. I love Pinkie too, but she has a lot of boundless, childlike energy that I would find difficult to keep up with outside of a party atmosphere. I couldn't see myself hanging out with Fluttershy or Apple Jack. I could probably handle Twilight and Rainbow Dash in small-to-medium doses though.

Welcome to the Rarity Fan Club! :D

post-30335-0-87932500-1429220270_thumb.png

• Brohoof 10

I would totally be best friends with Rarity. She's the only pony I wouldn't eventually get tired of. I love Pinkie too, but she has a lot of boundless, childlike energy that I would find difficult to keep up with outside of a party atmosphere. I couldn't see myself hanging out with Fluttershy or Apple Jack. I could probably handle Twilight and Rainbow Dash in small-to-medium doses though. 

I really am surprised that Rarity doesn't get more love on this forum. I mean.... she's an artist! How can you not respect someone who has made a living doing something artistic? That's hard to do!

They say that they can't relate to Rarity at all. The truth is, they are just seeing Rarity in the wrong light. They think of her as a pony who only cares about fashion. If they see her as an artist, then they would like her more. 

Fashionistas are seen as superficial, so people think Rarity is superficial and don't want to even give her a chance. 

• Brohoof 4

They think of her as a pony who only cares about fashion. If they see her as an artist, then they would like her more. 

Fashionistas are seen as superficial, so people think Rarity is superficial and don't want to even give her a chance. 

Fashion IS art though! You literally can NOT be a fashion designer without having a knowledge of basic aesthetics and artistic concepts. Fashion even has a full, rich history, just like any other art form. I love art history, and fashion fits right in there  :D

Being a designer and being a follower of fashion are two very different things. It takes no brainpower to look at an advertisement and buy an item because it has been deemed fashionable. But to DESIGN and CREATE something that WILL be deemed fashionable is an incredible skill. At least I think so. I put fashion creatives and fashion followers in two very different categories.

• Brohoof 8

Fashion IS art though! You literally can NOT be a fashion designer without having a knowledge of basic aesthetics and artistic concepts. Fashion even has a full, rich history, just like any other art form. I love art history, and fashion fits right in there  :D

Being a designer and being a follower of fashion are two very different things. It takes no brainpower to look at an advertisement and buy an item because it has been deemed fashionable. But to DESIGN and CREATE something that WILL be deemed fashionable is an incredible skill. At least I think so. I put fashion creatives and fashion followers in two very different categories.

I agree! Welcome to the Diamond Butt club/Diamond Butt worship place, hope you have a good time!  :D

• Brohoof 5

I know fashion is an art. People who claim fashion is not an art have something wrong with them. That or they have no idea what creating fashion is like. It isn't just putting things together. You have to make sure the colors go well, use the right fabrics, the shape needs to be taken into consideration. There is a lot more, but I'm not a fashion designer. A neon pink wool sweater and dark green silk pants would be terrible! At least in my opinion, but as you can tell, my sense of fashion sucks. 

Some people think anyone interested in fashion just follows it. I have never seen Rarity actually buy a dress. (at least not her pony self.) If Rarity follows fashion trends, then she would be the typical shopaholic girl who just buys her clothes. Rarity makes them, though. 

I tried creating fashion, and let's just say, it's not my special talent. I mean people said my outfits were good, but I know they were just saying that to be nice. 

• Brohoof 5

I know fashion is an art. People who claim fashion is not an art have something wrong with them. That or they have no idea what creating fashion is like. It isn't just putting things together. You have to make sure the colors go well, use the right fabrics, the shape needs to be taken into consideration. There is a lot more, but I'm not a fashion designer. A neon pink wool sweater and dark green silk pants would be terrible! At least in my opinion, but as you can tell, my sense of fashion sucks. 

Some people think anyone interested in fashion just follows it. I have never seen Rarity actually buy a dress. (at least not her pony self.) If Rarity follows fashion trends, then she would be the typical shopaholic girl who just buys her clothes. Rarity makes them, though. 

I tried creating fashion, and let's just say, it's not my special talent. I mean people said my outfits were good, but I know they were just saying that to be nice. 

Admittedly, I do like to shop, but it's the mix and match process that I love. I don't care about what's in or out. I care about what complements MY features and what suits MY personality. I hate that trends are even a thing. Imo, fashion should always be about artistic expression (and sometimes comfort if it's a lazy day).

Well, her cutie mark is three diamonds. So it fits. :D

It does. It definitely does. Haha I was just laughing because I had a moment where I was like, "Ooh, another club!" and pictured putting that on my resume next to Drama Club, and then I was like...... "Wait, bad idea. I don't want to have to explain that."  :lol:

The "Diamond Butt Worship" thing killed me too. Any phrase that puts "butt" and "worship" next to each other should definitely just be kept on the forums. Fun fact about me -- I have moments of like blurred reality where I have trouble separating online personas from the real me, so I have random little daydreams where my online life bleeds into real life, and I have to make a conscious effort to jump back to reality. I put pieces of myself into everything I do, so that's probably why.

Edited by Dreampuff
  • Brohoof 5

It's strange that I can't write a Rarity fanfiction. I can epilepsy her, and slice of life is what I'm best at, and Rarity is best in slice of life. I should be able to write a fanfiction about her.

And why can't you?  :huh: If you know her well enough, it should be easy for you.

• Brohoof 4

And why can't you?  :huh: If you know her well enough, it should be easy for you.

I was thinking that! But it's probably because even though I can write her dialogue, I can't exactly write the other stuff.

• Brohoof 4

I was thinking that! But it's probably because even though I can write her dialogue, I can't exactly write the other stuff.

So story writing is the problem? You can only do dialogue?  :o

• Brohoof 2

So story writing is the problem? You can only do dialogue?  :o

I can write stories! But not Rarity based ones... I'm stupid. :( I should just give up writing. :( Fan screenplays aren't exactly popular, though. I guess find ANOTHER interest.... I will never find what I'm best at. :(

It's another term for where we worship our Fabulous Diamond goddess. post-25189-0-98096400-1405937731.png

rarity___glamorous_and_beautiful_by_myst

I have a great deal of respect for Rarity. I don't know that I'd worship her exactly. I would love to collaborate with her artistically :)

• Brohoof 5

I have a great deal of respect for Rarity. I don't know that I'd worship her exactly. I would love to collaborate with her artistically :)

Don't worry it's normal to say we worship her, trust me.

• Brohoof 5

I can't exactly write the other stuff.

Is your preference to write first person present/past or third person omniscient/fixed. I've found with creative fiction writing that changing tense and POV can help when trying to find the narrative voice and connecting to a tricky character, which Rarity is.  I have a few story outlines centered on Rarity and keep experimenting trying to find the natural voice. I'm finding first person past to be the sweet spot with me when drafting a Rarific. You get to stay in her head the whole time. :rarity:

• Brohoof 4

I can write stories! But not Rarity based ones... I'm stupid. :( I should just give up writing. :( Fan screenplays aren't exactly popular, though. I guess find ANOTHER interest.... I will never find what I'm best at. :(

Don't say that, You've just hit a roadblock, that's all. It happens to the best of us. :)

• Brohoof 5

Don't worry it's normal to say we worship her, trust me.

Oh, I don't think it's abnormal! It's just not for me. I strive to work with those I admire. Not really the worshipping type, I suppose  :confused:

• Brohoof 7

Oh, I don't think it's abnormal! It's just not for me. I strive to work with those I admire. Not really the worshipping type, I suppose  :confused:

Nothing wrong with that. :grin2:

• Brohoof 6

I tried to do Rarity once, but its not my cup of tea, so to speak. I botched it so bad, i got so much hate on fimfiction for making a mess of it. So you see? Not everyone is perfect.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 5

Is your preference to write first person present/past or third person omniscient/fixed. I've found with creative fiction writing that changing tense and POV can help when trying to find the narrative voice and connecting to a tricky character, which Rarity is.  I have a few story outlines centered on Rarity and keep experimenting trying to find the natural voice. I'm finding first person past to be the sweet spot with me when drafting a Rarific. You get to stay in her head the whole time. :rarity:

I thought you're not supposed to change POV. Third person POV is what I do best. Probably because as a screenwriter, when I write the actions, I always write in third person. Then again... actions are supposed to be written in third person in the present tense, and I write in the past tense. Also, I don't have a problem with not capitalizing names in fanfictions. (In screenplays, you are supposed to capitalize names. I mean:

Fanfiction: 

Rarity kicked open the door of the Carousel Boutique just as the shadows of two stallions passed. 

Screenplay:

RARITY kicks open the door of the Carousel Boutique. She sees the shadows of two stallions pass. 

Bad examples, but you get the idea. 

That means the fact that I'm a screenwriter shouldn't be the reason I write in third person.... I don't know...

• Brohoof 3

Ok. No problem. You're still cool! Welcome to the club!! :3

• Brohoof 5