Fluttershy Fan Club

Tomiix

Anyone else a bit disappointed that Fluttershy lost a spot to run for the Most Attractive Pony Tournament this year? :(

Wait. There was a Most Attractive Pony Tournament going on and Fluttershy didn't make it? How is that even possible? She's very easily one of the top ranking attractive ponies in the entire show. Of course I'm disappointed.

I wasn't disappointed at all. I know she's the most attractive pony, but I do find her as either most loveable, and/or most adorable pony or both. I do believe she's not comfortable in the spotlight for most attractive pony at all. I mean we do love her, but what else do we love about her besides her cuteness, adorable, and loveable pony (or pegasus)?

Yes that's true. I do love her other than her beauty. I also love her wonderful personality, inner strength and courageous spirit. :grin2:

Wait. There was a Most Attractive Pony Tournament going on and Fluttershy didn't make it? How is that even possible? She's very easily one of the top ranking attractive ponies in the entire show. Of course I'm disappointed.

Yep, there was a poll in the show discussion section. She was in the running to be a EFC'S Wild Card but Coco Pommel beat her by one point. Oh well, there's next year I guess... :okiedokielokie:

Yes that's true. I do love her other than her beauty. I also love her wonderful personality, inner strength and courageous spirit. :grin2:

I wasn't trying to imply that her beauty is all that matters to me. I also love her compassionate personality and her willingness to show bravery in spite of her fears.

I wasn't trying to imply that her beauty is all that matters to me. I also love her compassionate personality and her willingness to show bravery in spite of her fears.

I know. I was replying to KirbyFluttershy's response to a post I made earlier. Anyways, whether she loses or not, we all know that Fluttershy is best pony! :smug:

Anyone else a bit disappointed that Fluttershy lost a spot to run for the Most Attractive Pony Tournament this year?  :(

After previous, disastrous,  experiences with these "contests" I no longer partake in them. Even if people say "It's just for fun" too many members take it way too seriously and it just turns into a nightmare or arguing of what pony is better and ends up not being fun anymore.

Yay! a fluttershy fan club! (sorry, fluttershy is my favorite of the mane 6) Fluttershy is a very great character! shy at times, angry at times, sad at times. she is definately the most emotional character in the mane 6! Go Fluttershy! :)

• Brohoof 6

Hey guys, there's been something I've been wanting to ask you all for awhile, but I didn't know how I wanted to express it or to type it out, but here it goes. Is it just me, or has Fluttershy has been getting a lot of unnecessary flak and hate from bronies (and pegasisters). It's not just on this site but other sites as well especially such as Equestria Daily. It seems like every time I go there, there's comments on several users expressing their disdain for her. 

Now don't get me wrong, I know that there's always going to be people that dislike Fluttershy or have her as their least favorite. We all have our preferences, but what pisses me off is when they go out of their way to be an asshole about it and bash her. They say things like she's a flat, terrible character with no personality or depth or that she's "worst pony".

Here's an example of what I am talking about. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/11/scare-master-episode-followup.html#more-EquestriaDaily: "Scare Master":Episode Followup. One of the writers for Equestria Daily wrote an episode followup to "Scare Master." Now while I don't think that "Scare Master " was Flutters' best episode (for different reasons, not Fluttershy's characterization) but the way he kept tearing into Fluttershy was totally uncalled for.

Unfortunately, he isn't the only one. For some reason a lot of reviewers, commentators, and viewers in general were more irritated with Fluttershy in this episode than Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. After watching this episode for the first time, I was expecting a shitstorm in the forums and discussions like two years ago when "Filli Vanilli" first aired. I was expecting Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie to get the ire of the fandom. The former for her rudeness though out the whole episode, and the latter, for off handed comment after Fluttershy's scary tea party. But no. I did not see that. Instead, I saw and read that people were being disgusted with poor Fluttershy instead. Why was nearly everybody ticked off at Pinkie in "Filli Vanilli" and not in "Scare Master"? Why does the fandom find Fluttershy's fears and anxiety annoying and Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash's insensitivity funny? Seriously!!?? How the fuck is being a complete jerk to your  best friend endearing??  :=:

I'm not saying Rainbow or Pinkie deserve any hate. None of the mane six do. I just feel that many people in this are being really unfair and harsh to my favorite character when there are other five main characters who have more or less flaws than her. I'm starting to believe that the whole fandom hates Fluttershy now. :(

What are your thoughts? How do you feel as a Fluttershy fan when people say or post that Fluttershy is the worst character ever or "worst pony" in the show? Or that she should be written out of the show? Do you retaliate and insult them? Or do you just ignore them?

I am sorry for the long rambling and rant. Like I said. I've angry and depressed about this for a long time and I had to get it out. I thought the Fluttershy Fan Club might be a good place to post this and I wanted to know if any other Fluttershy fans felt like this. 

Have you all read my last post on the last page? (If you want to read it, you don't have to ) I would really love to know all of your thoughts, opinions, or suggestions on the matter as fellow Fluttershy lovers.

Here's a pic of my favorite pony with my favorite disney princess

post-37139-0-05199100-1454554151_thumb.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

Hey guys, there's been something I've been wanting to ask you all for awhile, but I didn't know how I wanted to express it or to type it out, but here it goes. Is it just me, or has Fluttershy has been getting a lot of unnecessary flak and hate from bronies (and pegasisters). It's not just on this site but other sites as well especially such as Equestria Daily. It seems like every time I go there, there's comments on several users expressing their disdain for her. 

Now don't get me wrong, I know that there's always going to be people that dislike Fluttershy or have her as their least favorite. We all have our preferences, but what pisses me off is when they go out of their way to be an asshole about it and bash her. They say things like she's a flat, terrible character with no personality or depth or that she's "worst pony".

Here's an example of what I am talking about. http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/11/scare-master-episode-followup.html#more-EquestriaDaily: "Scare Master":Episode Followup. One of the writers for Equestria Daily wrote an episode followup to "Scare Master." Now while I don't think that "Scare Master " was Flutters' best episode (for different reasons, not Fluttershy's characterization) but the way he kept tearing into Fluttershy was totally uncalled for.

Unfortunately, he isn't the only one. For some reason a lot of reviewers, commentators, and viewers in general were more irritated with Fluttershy in this episode than Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. After watching this episode for the first time, I was expecting a shitstorm in the forums and discussions like two years ago when "Filli Vanilli" first aired. I was expecting Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie to get the ire of the fandom. The former for her rudeness though out the whole episode, and the latter, for off handed comment after Fluttershy's scary tea party. But no. I did not see that. Instead, I saw and read that people were being disgusted with poor Fluttershy instead. Why was nearly everybody ticked off at Pinkie in "Filli Vanilli" and not in "Scare Master"? Why does the fandom find Fluttershy's fears and anxiety annoying and Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash's insensitivity funny? Seriously!!?? How the fuck is being a complete jerk to your  best friend endearing??  :=:

I'm not saying Rainbow or Pinkie deserve any hate. None of the mane six do. I just feel that many people in this are being really unfair and harsh to my favorite character when there are other five main characters who have more or less flaws than her. I'm starting to believe that the whole fandom hates Fluttershy now. :(

What are your thoughts? How do you feel as a Fluttershy fan when people say or post that Fluttershy is the worst character ever or "worst pony" in the show? Or that she should be written out of the show? Do you retaliate and insult them? Or do you just ignore them?

I am sorry for the long rambling and rant. Like I said. I've angry and depressed about this for a long time and I had to get it out. I thought the Fluttershy Fan Club might be a good place to post this and I wanted to know if any other Fluttershy fans felt like this. 

Have you all read my last post on the last page? (If you want to read it, you don't have to ) I would really love to know all of your thoughts, opinions, or suggestions on the matter as fellow Fluttershy lovers.

Here's a pic of my favorite pony with my favorite disney princess

Yes.  I have seen your posts and have been meaning to reply but things have been pretty hectic lately.  What I will say is that you're not the only one who's noticed this.  I'm relatively active on fimfiction.net where I go by the name SapphireWings999 and, once when I was looking around at the different groups on the site, I came across a group called "Fuck Fluttershy", a Fluttershy hate group.  I could hardly believe the hatred that I was seeing on that page.  I very briefly joined the group in order to post a rant about how bullshit this group was, basically stating that anyone who supports a group like this meant to spread hatred about a character should be ashamed of themselves and would seriously need to reconsider their own life.  The group was shut down shortly afterwards.

Sadly, that wasn't the only time that I came across hatred towards Fluttershy.  There was a YouTuber, who shall remain nameless despite me wanting to say who it is, who someone on FIMFiction shared his video of the Top 10 Worst MLP Episodes.  As a sidenote, this list is bullshit.  He says that the list is similar to the Nostalgia Critic's list of the Top 11 Worst Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes in the sense that there is no such thing as a bad episode but only some that are lesser when compared to others but then he just proceeds to rip apart every entry on the list (that and take a cheap shot at Silly Filly Studios to which I give him the "middle finger salute"), but I digress.

When he got to the #1 entry, Filli Vanilli (which he made it sound blatantly obvious that it was #1 as if it were scientific fact), every single criticism that he had was all targeted towards Fluttershy.  He never even brought up the fact that Pinkie Pie was only causing her unnecessary stress with her comments about performing in front of an audience being soul-crushing.  Mr Enter pointed that out in his review of the episode for god's sake.  And no I don't think that Filli Vanilli was the worst episode.  While not perfect, I found it to be pretty decent as it dealt with overcoming stage fright.  IMO, the worst MLP episode (and it pains me to say this as it is a Fluttershy episode) was actually Putting Your Hoof Down.  But at the same time, my favorite MLP episode (not counting the Season Premieres or Finales) is Hurricane Fluttershy.

I guess it could be made pretty obvious that I tend to go on the offensive side when standing up for Flutters, but maybe that's just me.  Also cute picture by the way of her and Elsa.  :squee:

Also in that link you shared, I found this really cute picture of her:  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-59wc32jHvsc/VjXQ10DXavI/AAAAAAAABrA/-TIY19WUMFc/s1600/59.png  It just makes me want to reach through the screen, "Boop" her right on the nose, and then hug her.

Edited by FlutterGuy999
  • Brohoof 1

To answer the question. As a fluttershy fan, I tend to ignore what people say about fluttershy. If Fluttershy haters are gonna rant about her, I just ignore their rants and opinions about why they hate Fluttershy. To us fluttershy fans, We all love and adore fluttershy, but I know she's a cute and adorable pegasus in all of equestria.

• Brohoof 1