Fluttershy Fan Club

Tomiix

Yes.  I have seen your posts and have been meaning to reply but things have been pretty hectic lately.  What I will say is that you're not the only one who's noticed this.  I'm relatively active on fimfiction.net where I go by the name SapphireWings999 and, once when I was looking around at the different groups on the site, I came across a group called "Fuck Fluttershy", a Fluttershy hate group.  I could hardly believe the hatred that I was seeing on that page.  I very briefly joined the group in order to post a rant about how bullshit this group was, basically stating that anyone who supports a group like this meant to spread hatred about a character should be ashamed of themselves and would seriously need to reconsider their own life.  The group was shut down shortly afterwards.

Sadly, that wasn't the only time that I came across hatred towards Fluttershy.  There was a YouTuber, who shall remain nameless despite me wanting to say who it is, who someone on FIMFiction shared his video of the Top 10 Worst MLP Episodes.  As a sidenote, this list is bullshit.  He says that the list is similar to the Nostalgia Critic's list of the Top 11 Worst Avatar: The Last Airbender Episodes in the sense that there is no such thing as a bad episode but only some that are lesser when compared to others but then he just proceeds to rip apart every entry on the list (that and take a cheap shot at Silly Filly Studios to which I give him the "middle finger salute"), but I digress.

When he got to the #1 entry, Filli Vanilli (which he made it sound blatantly obvious that it was #1 as if it were scientific fact), every single criticism that he had was all targeted towards Fluttershy.  He never even brought up the fact that Pinkie Pie was only causing her unnecessary stress with her comments about performing in front of an audience being soul-crushing.  Mr Enter pointed that out in his review of the episode for god's sake.  And no I don't think that Filli Vanilli was the worst episode.  While not perfect, I found it to be pretty decent as it dealt with overcoming stage fright.  IMO, the worst MLP episode (and it pains me to say this as it is a Fluttershy episode) was actually Putting Your Hoof Down.  But at the same time, my favorite MLP episode (not counting the Season Premieres or Finales) is Hurricane Fluttershy.

I guess it could be made pretty obvious that I tend to go on the offensive side when standing up for Flutters, but maybe that's just me.  Also cute picture by the way of her and Elsa.  :squee:

Also in that link you shared, I found this really cute picture of her:  http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-59wc32jHvsc/VjXQ10DXavI/AAAAAAAABrA/-TIY19WUMFc/s1600/59.png  It just makes me want to reach through the screen, "Boop" her right on the nose, and then hug her.

To answer the question. As a fluttershy fan, I tend to ignore what people say about fluttershy. If Fluttershy haters are gonna rant about her, I just ignore their rants and opinions about why they hate Fluttershy. To us fluttershy fans, We all love and adore fluttershy, but I know she's a cute and adorable pegasus in all of equestria.

Thank you KirbyFluttershy and FlutterGuy999 for responding. :)

@FlutterGuy999 That was a very awesome thing you did about that Fluttershy hate group situation.  I really hope you chewed out theses dumbasses who would make or contribute to something as stupid and pointless as starting a hate group for a fictional character (a great one at that). What sense does that make? To feel justified and not alone for their irrational hatred for something and try to get others to join them on their bullshit? :eww:

Not only that, I've seen some members here make threads like "Am I the only one who dislikes Fluttershy?" or "Why is Fluttershy so popular?" Some people would go as far as to demand why I picked a character like Fluttershy as my favorite and not "better" characters such as Rarity or Rainbow Dash. Why can't Fluttershy have fans? Fluttershy deserves as much love as Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

• Brohoof 2

tonight changed me forever! I got in my car and was going to go do something that would sacrifice my dignity and how I look at myself. I got to the stop sign at the end of my road, and when I checked for a clear opening, there was my little Fluttershy plushy keychain looking at me. My heart sank and instead of going to do what I was about to do, I broke down and drove my pain away looking at her and listening to the deep meaning music playing. without you Fluttershy I don't know what I would do! if I could hug you I would but this should be just as good ( me being of a country heart)

post-36750-0-17709400-1454747378_thumb.png

I love you so much. Thank you

post-36750-0-35908900-1454747431_thumb.png

• Brohoof 3

Thank you KirbyFluttershy and FlutterGuy999 for responding. :)

@FlutterGuy999 That was a very awesome thing you did about that Fluttershy hate group situation. I really hope you chewed out theses dumbasses who would make or contribute to something as stupid and pointless as starting a hate group for a fictional character (a great one at that). What sense does that make? To feel justified and not alone for their irrational hatred for something and try to get others to join them on their bullshit? :eww:

Not only that, I've seen some members here make threads like "Am I the only one who dislikes Fluttershy?" or "Why is Fluttershy so popular?" Some people would go as far as to demand why I picked a character like Fluttershy as my favorite and not "better" characters such as Rarity or Rainbow Dash. Why can't Fluttershy have fans? Fluttershy deserves as much love as Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Applejack.

I feel sorry for you that people have dared question why you like Fluttershy over other ponies. Personally, I've never come across such criticism when talking to others about the topic. In truth, while Fluttershy is my favorite pony, I do also like the rest of the Mane 6 for different reasons and can see why others might like them. It's when they start talking shit about one of them in favor of another that I can't stand it. Also, thanks for what you said about my reaction to the Fluttershy hate group and yes I left their eyes burning with my reply. :smug: Edited by FlutterGuy999
  • Brohoof 2

The question is not a big deal. To me, I just pick out the top6 favorite(s) from mane6 and Fluttershy is my #1 favorite on my top favorites from mane6. There's a saying Haters are gonna hate (or something like that or at least that's what i heard). If people ask "why can't fluttershy have fans?", well that's a good question, but you guys don't wanna anger fluttershy and make her say you're going to love her and all she wants is some love right?

• Brohoof 1

Here are some really pretty pics of Fluttershy I found on Derpibooru. I know the first one kind of doesn't look like her but it is! Here's the link http://dstears.tmblr.com/post/138718214156. Rarity isn't the only fabulous pony in the group!

Wow.  This is just stunning.  Especially the picture on the left.  Just beautiful.  It's no wonder Photo Finish wanted to make her her next big star.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Here are some really pretty pics of Fluttershy I found on Derpibooru. I know the first one kind of doesn't look like her but it is! Here's the link http://dstears.tmblr.com/post/138718214156. Rarity isn't the only fabulous pony in the group!

Those 2 pictures look beautiful and so graceful. No wonder why fluttershy does look beautiful and graceful in a dress.

• Brohoof 2

How could you resist? :blush:

sig-4371338.sig-4370797.fluttershy_being

Awww!!!! This is way beyond adorable. I don't know how anyone could resist a character that cute. It just makes me want to hug her and never let her go. Just hold on to her forever. :squee: Edited by FlutterGuy999
  • Brohoof 3

I saw the new "fluttershy plays" video and this time it was team fortress 2. It kind of made me laugh watching it.

I was watching it too, but haven't finished it yet.  I have it paused at the 8:18 mark.  Speaking of which, go to that point in the video, pause it, and tell me that Flutters doesn't look cute when she's angry.  It's not humanly possible for anyone to say that.  She looks freakin adorable in that moment.  :squee:

• Brohoof 4

I was watching it too, but haven't finished it yet.  I have it paused at the 8:18 mark.  Speaking of which, go to that point in the video, pause it, and tell me that Flutters doesn't look cute when she's angry.  It's not humanly possible for anyone to say that.  She looks freakin adorable in that moment.  :squee:

Isn't that her assertive or angry face? I took a close look at that time mark you mentioned.

• Brohoof 1