Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Everything is going to be just fine!"... or is it?

PoniesPlease

First things first, this is not a doom and gloom thread. If you're here to moan about the finale, get out.

Now, on to the topic at hand. 

When Twilight (and incidentally, the last line of Season 3) says "Everything is going to be just fine!", is it?

What I mean by this is of course, is she foreshadowing? Are we going to see a villain, or problem arise to ruin Twilight Sparkle's princess-hood?

Meghan McCarthy did say that she considers the Season 3 Finale to be "Part One of Three.", so are we going to see Twilight Sparkle have problems?

Post your thoughts here. Something doesn't sound right (show-wise) about that statement. They wouldn't put it in there to reassure bronies.

Edited by PoniesPlease
  • Brohoof 9

Idk I still always think of it as a reassurance to bronies, but thats just me :P. It could really and truly mean a number of things.

I wouldn't doubt a villain in the beginning of S4, in fact I might be surprised if there wasn't :P.

Theres a high chance of a villain showing in the premier of S4 though, honestly that would be my thoughts regardless of Twilights comment, besides I imagine that Twilight has to come across some trouble while being a Princess, its new to her so I imagine she isn't going to be perfect at it.

Even if it may not be true though I do like thinking of the line as a reassurance to bronies regardless :). Idk why I just do. But I can say that I imagine a new villian is a high probability in the premier like I said.

Princess Celestia turns into Supernova Eternal, corrupted by a mysterious force of darkness that hides its' refuge in the Everfree Forest. Princess Sparkle now must take on her teacher with the assistance of her five friends and Princess Luna. But with the royal guards brainwashed to Supernova's side, they are still not quite enough. The purple alicorn now must seek the assistance of Discord, the Spirit of Chaos, to assist them in dethroning the Tyrannical Queen of the Sun, while attempting to locate the strange source of Celestia's corruption. With a curious suspicion that this ancient darkness was also responsible for Luna's corruption long ago, Princess Sparkle fears that everything -won't- be so fine, after all.

/fanboy

I'm very curious, as well. Obviously, the premiere should be one of the first things we begin to hear about as S4 approaches months down the line.

• Brohoof 16

Princess Celestia turns into Supernova Eternal, corrupted by a mysterious force of darkness that hides its' refuge in the Everfree Forest. Princess Sparkle now must take on her teacher with the assistance of her five friends and Princess Luna. But with the royal guards brainwashed to Supernova's side, they are still not quite enough. The purple alicorn now must seek the assistance of Discord, the Spirit of Chaos, to assist them in dethroning the Tyrannical Queen of the Sun, while attempting to locate the strange source of Celestia's corruption. With a curious suspicion that this ancient darkness was also responsible for Luna's corruption long ago, Princess Sparkle fears that everything -won't- be so fine, after all.

/fanboy

I'm very curious, as well. Obviously, the premiere should be one of the first things we begin to hear about as S4 approaches months down the line.

Oh, Season 3 might have only ended a few days ago but I can already tell that Season 4's sotryline will top all of the previous seasons. This is going to be sweet in 7-9 months time (or however long).

• Brohoof 1

I actually noticed that too. I think it is foreshadowing because not much of anything was answered in the finale it left a lot of questions. That's what i did like about it. Makes you more and more interested in what is going to happen next. I personally think its gonna be another 2 parter and Twilight and teh mane 6 gonna have to get the EOH and destroy or banish something again. Only I get the feeling that it will be something entirely new because well... Discord is reformed. Nightmare Moon is gone. Sombra... lol. Just gotta wait n' see.

Idk I still always think of it as a reassurance to bronies, but thats just me :P. It could really and truly mean a number of things.

I wouldn't doubt a villain in the beginning of S4, in fact I might be surprised if there wasn't :P.

Theres a high chance of a villain showing in the premier of S4 though, honestly that would be my thoughts regardless of Twilights comment, besides I imagine that Twilight has to come across some trouble while being a Princess, its new to her so I imagine she isn't going to be perfect at it.

Even if it may not be true though I do like thinking of the line as a reassurance to bronies regardless :). Idk why I just do. But I can say that I imagine a new villian is a high probability in the premier like I said.

I do also remember seeing one of the writers tweet about how Discord's 'turning to good' is part of a major storyline. Reckon he'll go evil again in the premier?

"I'm so excited I could burst!"

• Brohoof 2

/fanboy

I'm very curious, as well. Obviously, the premiere should be one of the first things we begin to hear about as S4 approached months down the line.

You stole my fanon. Jerk.

I feel that this was a reassurance to the bronies and fans of the show that Twilight becoming an Alicorn would not change the show.

I actually noticed that too. I think it is foreshadowing because not much of anything was answered in the finale it left a lot of questions. That's what i did like about it. Makes you more and more interested in what is going to happen next. I personally think its gonna be another 2 parter and Twilight and teh mane 6 gonna have to get the EOH and destroy or banish something again. Only I get the feeling that it will be something entirely new because well... Discord is reformed. Nightmare Moon is gone. Sombra... lol. Just gotta wait n' see.

True. The highest chance of a returning villain is Discord. Sombra? I hope either he plays a REALLY major role next season, or that we never hear from him again. Other than that, a new villain would be refreshing. Maybe an evil Alicorn? (Not Nightmare Moon evil, I'm talking EVIL)

I do also remember seeing one of the writers tweet about how Discord's 'turning to good' is part of a major storyline. Reckon he'll go evil again in the premier?

"I'm so excited I could burst!"

Anythings possible I guess, but I have a feeling that maybe Discord's reforming has to do with a threat Celestia fears is coming or something, I'm not sure he'll go evil, to be honest I don't think hes exactly good per say anyways, hes more or less kinda hanging on neutral, or maybe hes like Chaotic Good or something Idk. Still I'm sure he'll do some random things just because hes Discord.

i'm quite excited to, I'm trying my best to contain myself so I don't die waiting for S4 though :P.

There's never any drama when a new leader of the people arises. How could an untested protege with no political background possibly have trouble ruling over tens of thousands of ponies. No conflicts or story potential in the shows future. Face it. Ponies are just going to have tea parties and talk about boys now.

• Brohoof 3

You stole my fanon. Jerk.

I feel that this was a reassurance to the bronies and fans of the show that Twilight becoming an Alicorn would not change the show.

I just don't know. That whole "Everything is going to be just fine!" is 'a little on the nose' for a reassurance vote. Something fishy's going on with the storyline, i.e. a villain will wreck everything.

Anythings possible I guess, but I have a feeling that maybe Discord's reforming has to do with a threat Celestia fears is coming or something, I'm not sure he'll go evil, to be honest I don't think hes exactly good per say anyways, hes more or less kinda hanging on neutral, or maybe hes like Chaotic Good or something Idk. Still I'm sure he'll do some random things just because hes Discord.

i'm quite excited to, I'm trying my best to contain myself so I don't die waiting for S4 though :P.

You know what would be good? Two forces, I.E. Celestia and Twilight (on the side of good) and a group of villains vying for Discord's power! Epic storyline could well be Epic.

• Brohoof 1

True. The highest chance of a returning villain is Discord. Sombra? I hope either he plays a REALLY major role next season, or that we never hear from him again. Other than that, a new villain would be refreshing. Maybe an evil Alicorn? (Not Nightmare Moon evil, I'm talking EVIL)

I was hoping that the next antagonist would be like Starswirl the Bearded. Wouldn't it be interesting if he were evil. like .. he wrote the spell but never finished it because he wanted to see if anyone was as good as he was writing magic. Or maybe he wanted to see if anyone was smart enough to catch on to what he was trying to do? Twilight and Starswirl the Bearded in a magic duel. Think of how awesome that would be. I want Trixie to come back but not as an antagonist.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, this is definitely foreshadowing. The pacing, the mood, everything seemed like above just being a finale, it was a way of putting plot devices in place for something big next season. What this is? *shrugs* My bet is a new villain, or the corruption of Twilight.

The finale theme and message of "everything being fine" was forced so much that it seems like it was less-than-subtly trying to send the message that everything is NOT fine, and that everything is not as it seems. It just screamed tongue-in-cheek, to me.

• Brohoof 1

I've seen many movies, watched many television shows, read many books, and I'm a writer myself, and I cannot think of a single time in fiction when someone said, "Everything is going to be just fine!" and it wasn't followed by something going horribly wrong. Now that I think of it, this line is probably foreshadowing something big.  I can't wait for season 4 now! Well, even more than before, I mean ^_^ Maybe Twilight will get returned to normal afterall. Who knows? :huh:

• Brohoof 4

I was hoping that the next antagonist would be like Starswirl the Bearded. Wouldn't it be interesting if he were evil. like .. he wrote the spell but never finished it because he wanted to see if anyone was as good as he was writing magic. Or maybe he wanted to see if anyone was smart enough to catch on to what he was trying to do? Twilight and Starswirl the Bearded in a magic duel. Think of how awesome that would be. I want Trixie to come back but not as an antagonist.

Something about that first idea sounded like Trixie to me... but maybe Starswirl went power mad? Like, he forced himself to become an Alicorn or something? And then Celestia banishes him or something? I don't know, but all of these ideas would make a truly awesome opener.

Yeah, this is definitely foreshadowing. The pacing, the mood, everything seemed like above just being a finale, it was a way of putting plot devices in place for something big next season. What this is? *shrugs* My bet is a new villain, or the corruption of Twilight.

The finale theme and message of "everything being fine" was forced so much that it seems like it was less-than-subtly trying to send the message that everything is NOT fine, and that everything is not as it seems. It just screamed tongue-in-cheek, to me.

'The corruption of Twilight'

This idea would hit close to home. Imagine like the first two episodes of Season 1. All of the feels that would be felt! Proper Obi-Wan/Anakin references there too. Best idea i've seen on here in my eyes.

EDIT: Even better! You could have the mane 6 (without Twilight) team up with Luna or something, and Twilight gets bitter when she is defeated, but then remembers that it was the magic of friendship that made her powerful.   You could make something truly amazing there.

Edited by PoniesPlease
  • Brohoof 2

Well Twilight for now thinks, ''Everything is going to be just fine.'' But then, we will have to wait and see for the next episode.

Then out of nowhere, a wild 60s Spiderman appears!

img-1184099-1-this-isnt-new-york-my-little-pony-spiderman-cross--IxY6zy.jpg

EDIT: Even better! You could have the mane 6 (without Twilight) team up with Luna or something, and Twilight gets bitter when she is defeated, but then remembers that it was the magic of friendship that made her powerful.   You could make something truly amazing there.

It would also be a good opportunity to either confirm or deny the whole "Discord is Starswirl" concept. Like something like this:

Twilight reads the rest of Starswirls book, and begins to be seduced by the same forces that corrupted Starswirl and turned him into Discord. With Twilight quickly on the path to becoming the next God(dess) of Chaos, the reformed Discord (possibly appearing in the form of Starswirl), Luna, and the rest of the Mane 6 must team up to stop her and return her to the righteous side of magic.

Plus it would open up a lot of new opportunities regardless of if she stays an Alicorn or if the struggle reverts her back into a unicorn.

It would also be a good opportunity to either confirm or deny the whole "Discord is Starswirl" concept. Like something like this:

Twilight reads the rest of Starswirls book, and begins to be seduced by the same forces that corrupted Starswirl and turned him into Discord. With Twilight quickly on the path to becoming the next God(dess) of Chaos, the reformed Discord (possibly appearing in the form of Starswirl), Luna, and the rest of the Mane 6 must team up to stop her and return her to the righteous side of magic.

Plus it would open up a lot of new opportunities regardless of if she stays an Alicorn or if the struggle reverts her back into a unicorn.

Yes! You've got it! Interesting Discord storyline! That whole concept has always intrigued me.

Hasbro, if you are reading this, employ "AtomicBassCannon" right now!

Ooh! They have to reverse time back to when Twilight was writing the spell, it stops her from being an Alicorn, and stuff happens that makes all bronies happy!

Edited by PoniesPlease

I actually consider the line to have been ambiguous enough to refer to either Twilight becoming an Alicorn ("Bronies, please relax!") or the show coming to an end ("Even though MLP has come to a close, the adventure continues!"). To further elaborate on the latter meaning, I'm under the distinct impression that they developed this season with the very real expectation that this could be the last one. It was only after Season 3 finished production that MLP was renewed for another season.

The open ended nature of the line can still serve as a segue into the Season 4 premiere.

• Brohoof 2

It's so obvious nothing is going to be fine. How the finale ended was nothing short of a cliffhanger and foreshadowing. Twilight's going to be in over her head with this whole princess thing and we're going to see her struggle with the new role. So many problems are going to pop up for her, like she might drift away from her friends, she'll have a rough time trying to adjust and she might think she's not cut out for this whole princess thing. 

I already have my thoughts on how this will end, but this will be interesting to see what happens. But with the whole emphasis on destiny, I think what will happen is there will be a message that you alone have control over your own destiny. It's not written in the stars for you, but you can make your own. I think that's how it will end up and she'll give up her title to be who she truly is.

• Brohoof 1

It's so obvious nothing is going to be fine. How the finale ended was nothing short of a cliffhanger and foreshadowing. Twilight's going to be in over her head with this whole princess thing and we're going to see her struggle with the new role. So many problems are going to pop up for her, like she might drift away from her friends, she'll have a rough time trying to adjust and she might think she's not cut out for this whole princess thing. 

I already have my thoughts on how this will end, but this will be interesting to see what happens. But with the whole emphasis on destiny, I think what will happen is there will be a message that you alone have control over your own destiny. It's not written in the stars for you, but you can make your own. I think that's how it will end up and she'll give up her title to be who she truly is.

My guess (as suggested by some people) someone's getting corrupted. Or, twilight will feel seperated from her friends and back down from princess and will have her wings surgically removed.  and will go back to being a regular pony (sort of)

My gut response was that it was a message to the audience, whereupon grumpy DF started talking to his TV and replied "I will be the judge of that." snarkily, before realizing how stupid talking to his TV was. but then I remembered that Twilight loves to tempt fate and say things like that. She even did it in the opening song to the episode, obviously foreshadowing the world falling to crap. This seems to be doing it on a massive level, and I think the next two episodes are going to be more epic and mythological than any of the ones so far, with probably some kind of ludicrously OP villain that I hope Twilight will battle along with her friends in order to barely and epically defeat him/her, heartwarmingly sacrificing her Alicornhood in the process. Or she could give her wings to Scootaloo.

In any case, I can't wait to see what comes next.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 1

Destiny, fate, whatever you may call it... Can be quite tricky and unpredictable. One cannot fully grasp it until you've seen it played out fully. There are quite a few examples where one thinks they have done what is required of them and then see their lives change for the worse or better. In Star Wars, Anakin's destiny was to restore order to the force, so the Jedi believed. They didnt expect him to wipe out the Jedi order first however and sacrifice himself decades later to save his son and be redeemed. In the Matrix, the One believed that if he followed the path of the One, everything would be peachy, originally the Architect had planned him to do his duty and keep things going as they always were, but he cut that cycle by his own will and restored peace between man and machine, also at the cost of himself.

I've seen people say that they think Twilights' story arc is over, i dont really think so. What i'm feeling is that she is in for a huge reality check, she's young and is inexperienced. There's a great number of things that can still happen and what friendship means to her can be truly put to the test, maybe even at the cost of some things.

Now we wont know if the line "Everything will be just fine" was directed at us or to create a false sense of security for some time, maybe it was both, but indeed it may be foreshadowing something disastrous ahead, especially concidering what Meghan has recently told us. Maybe Twilights' destiny is just not as simple as everyone (including Celestia) thinks it is. Whatever will happen to her, she represents what friendship stands for, and being close to her friends empowers her, they wont be useless. They will be her source of strength for a long time to come, especially when she is in desperate need of it. This could be because she could be corrupted, seemingly alone to fight a greater enemy, tormented emotionally and the list goes on.

S4 may bring a lot to the table now. Things may turn out more epic than the previous ones combined. Celestia may be gathering forces around for something she has seen coming for quite a while. Starswirl may play a role, he may not be as nice as everyone presumed and have his own goals. His spell might have been a trap, Twilight may have forgotten to restore her own destiny and discover she wasnt meant to be a princess at all... There's a wide range of things that can happen now.  ;)

• Brohoof 2