BUCK (Brony UK Convention) 2013 News/Discussion

An Old Head

Tickets are up everypony! 

http://www.buckcon.org/tickets/

Standard - £55 (Entry and that's it)

20% Cooler - £135 (Entry, Priority queue, Buffet lunch with community guests of honour on sunday, exclusive t-shirt)

Celestia Tier (SOLD OUT) - £250 (20% cooler + Entry to Summer Sun Celebration and FAB after party and VIP dinner with VIP guests on friday)

Summer Sun Celebration - £15

FAB After Party - £20 (must be 18+)

---------------------------------------------

Edited by ~Chaotic Parsley~
  • Brohoof 1

It's so cool, it's just a shame I have nobody to actually go with so I ain't gonna buy any tickets sad.png . But if you do have somebody to go with would envy you to buy tickets whilst you can.

Edited by Toastie

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Payment Switching

I slept on this recent announcement, sorry folks. BUCK have been having issues with Paypal's reserve limits, so they have switched to Stripe as their payment service. If you bought a ticket using Paypal between 24th - 29th March, therefore, you are due a refund on your purchase. Refer to the first post for more details.

• 4 weeks later...

I forgot about this thread. Massive apologies. I've never OPed a real-time thread like this before :c

Latest news updates:

• John de Lancie is now a confirmed BUCK guest! http://www.buckcon.org/buck-announces-john-de-lancie-aka-discord

• Refunds have all been processed. Those who bought a ticket within the aforementioned time period are now awaiting a privatised wave of tickets. Bronies not affected by the refund won't be able to buy tickets until you've bought yours, so there's no need to worry about them selling out before you can get the ticket you are owed.

• Details of the Summer Sun Celebration have been released! There's a five-hour line up of music and entertainment, including sets from The Living Tombstone, AcousticBrony, LaserPon3, RainbowCrash88 and only so much more! The event starts at 7:00 PM; venue to be announced. More info here.

I can't go this year :( hopefully I can next year. My mum would say NO because of the prices... And she wouldn't be too psyched to drive me, my sister and my cousin to a my little pony festival. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Update: More VIP Guests - Meghan McCarthy & Amy Keating Rogers

That's right! Two writers of our favourite ponies show will be... half-attending BUCK Con. Both writers will be holding their own Q&A panel in the auditorium at BUCK, through a live video stream. (Plane rides to the UK can be time consuming, so it seems!) This will be an awesome opportunity for us to ask those questions we always wanted answered, about the development of the show, what happens in the office and their favourite things about us n.n

In addition, the episode of Bronyville that revealed this information also revealed a host of other information about the August event. It can be downloaded from this link.

• Brohoof 1

I have some good news that my friend can go to BUCK so it seems I will be as well! Looking forward to meeting some the fellow MLP forum members there :)

Second wave of tickets hurry up! :P

• 2 weeks later...

23/05/13 Update: More Community Guests

BUCK have announced even more community guests to be in attendance! They never stop coming! The following will be making an appearance with panels and workshops alike:

• Knighty, the founder and lead developer of FiMFiction.net, who will have a panel all about fan fiction. (I myself am writing a fan fiction so I'm particularly excited for this one!)
  • Yami Bjork, a well-known cosplayer. It's almost guaranteed that you'll have come across some of her cosplays at some point. She'll have her own cosplay workshop for all you costume nuts.
  • GalaxyArt, an artist, musician and animator (basically has it all) will be bringing his creativity. Check out his gallery.
  • DJ Zingiber, who I think was at BUCK 2012, and is the most rad DJ to have on the scene! You can always count on a blaster playlist with this guy.

Refunded Tickets On Sale

You'll have noticed that the tickets for BUCK have suddenly gone up to £90,000 in price. If you were affected by the mass chargeback earlier in April, you'll have been sent an e-mail containing a promo code. Entering this code when buying a ticket will reduce it back to its normal price, ascertaining that you can buy yourself a ticket before they all become sold out at Wave 2 again. Make sure to get that done now before the second wave of tickets actually begins :)

Update: Ticket Wave 2

That's right! A fresh new wave of tickets of every type is now on sale, as of May 27th 12:00pm.

There are some new points to be made about this wave of tickets; first of all, the Celestia Tier will have its own individual third wave of tickets, as they are extremely few in available quantity. So if you were hoping to get one and missed out, watch out for the upcoming wave where more will be available. Secondly, a change has been made to the Vendor tickets - before buying one, you must speak to the Merchandising Manager and register with them your vending interest. Once they have confirmed you as an approved vendor, you will be sent a code to buy your Vendor ticket with.

Get 'em while they're hot: http://www.buckcon.org/tickets/. Also scroll down for any new info regarding each ticket.

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Update: Convention Programme

A list of just some of the events to be found at BUCK has been released! These include main events, question and answer panels, challenges and competitions, workshops, performances, games and much more of a variety. (I'll be signing up for the Smash Bros. tournament!) Further details of just what you can expect to enjoy at the convention can be found here.

Locations for some of the events (but not all of them) have been released; they will release further details on when and where the events will be in due course, or with the programme you'll get when entering on the day.

There's going to be a "Pony Pub Quiz"... oh goody!

Edited by Flipturn ツ

(edited)

If you're away on the weekend and can't make the whole convention, why not just come along for the Summer Sun Celebration? It runs from 7PM to Midnight on the 23rd August 2013 at Manchester Central.

It will feature 5 hours of live community music from artists like Rainbow Crash, Acoustic Brony, The Living Tombstone, Addictia and more. Plus a huge Laser Show from LaserPon3!

Tickets are just £15 for a whole evening of fun.

Check out our new minisite for the line-up and more info at http://summersuncelebration.co.uk

If you are coming to the con, it's a great addition to your weekend!

Edited by lasairfion
  • Brohoof 1

If you're away on the weekend and can't make the whole convention, why not just come along for the Summer Sun Celebration? It runs from 7PM to Midnight on the 23rd August 2013 at Manchester Central.

It will feature 5 hours of live community music from artists like Rainbow Crash, Acoustic Brony, The Living Tombstone, Addictia and more. Plus a huge Laser Show from LaserPon3!

Tickets are just £15 for a whole evening of fun.

Check out our new minisite for the line-up and more info at http://summersuncelebration.co.uk

If you are coming to the con, it's a great addition to your weekend!

Oh, are you part of the staff team organising the Summer Sun Celebration? Well met :) An update on the Summer Sun Celebration was already included in the first post of this thread; I, and all those also attending, will most definitely be looking forward to it!

---

Update: New VIP Guest

Writer Cindy Morrow has been confirmed a BUCK guest! Cindy Morrow is part of the Hasbro writing crew and has written many of our favourite episodes, including Winter Wrap Up, Hurricane Fluttershy, Read It And Weep, Sisterhooves Social, Apple Family Reunion and Griffon The Brush Off. She has also written episodes for such cartoon classics as Dexter's Lab, Foster's Home, Grim & Evil and Powerpuff Girls; and she's written some of the most memorable songs from the show, including the Winter Wrap Up song and Raise This Barn.

As a VIP guest, she will be attending the Friday VIP lunch with those Celestia ticket holders and will be in the Q&A panel alongside John de Lancie. More info here.

• 2 weeks later...

24/06/2013 Update - AcousticBrony Hot Minute & Merchandise Line-up

A new series called Hot Minute, in anticipation to the Summer Sun Celebration event, has begun :) This is a series where artists performing at the Summer Sun Celebration are interviewed in minute bursts, which are uploaded as new episodes every few days. Tune in to hear about some of your favourite musicians that you'll be seeing at the event!

Also, though this has been news for some more time, they've released the details of the vendor tables that stock pony merch! Ranging from key rings and badges to plushies and paintings, the wealth and variety of pony merchandise trumps that of last year's; so they'll be all the rage! They sell quicker than a flash, so make your way to the Vendor's Alley to souvenir up! More details here.

(These details will be added to the OP.)

• 1 month later...

That looks so amazing, and I would go, but it's £55 and I just can't afford that. I don't have a job at the moment, but if I have a steady income next year then I'll go next time. It's a shame because it looks amazing :(

I'm going there this year, but I really couldn't tell you what it's like as this is the first time I'm going. And I only got the standard ticket so I will most likely miss all the special stuff.

I wanted to go last year, but I didn't.

I wanted to go this year, but I didn't.

It's pretty far away from London, and will cost a lot money for travel and booking a hotel. Not to mention food and buying tickets for the event itself. I kinda spent a bunch of money going to Annecy Festival in France this summer, so yeah.  :P

Maybe I'll go next year. I still need to go to a MLP convention. 

That looks so amazing, and I would go, but it's £55 and I just can't afford that. I don't have a job at the moment, but if I have a steady income next year then I'll go next time. It's a shame because it looks amazing :(

I'm going there this year, but I really couldn't tell you what it's like as this is the first time I'm going. And I only got the standard ticket so I will most likely miss all the special stuff.

@totalneon you could still go to the Summer Sun Celebration for only £15 though.

@freedan the standard ticket is still awesome because you get two days to visit.

It's pretty far away from London, and will cost a lot money for travel and booking a hotel. Not to mention food and buying tickets for the event itself. I kinda spent a bunch of money going to Annecy Festival in France this summer, so yeah.  :P

It's not that far away though just a few hours drive but I can understand the money part of it but as I said previously there is the summer sun celebration for £15
  • Brohoof 1

@totalneon you could still go to the Summer Sun Celebration for only £15 though.

@freedan the standard ticket is still awesome because you get two days to visit.

It's not that far away though just a few hours drive but I can understand the money part of it but as I said previously there is the summer sun celebration for £15

I could, but I'm not a very musical person, it doesn't really look like my kind of thing :\

(edited)

£55 for the BUCK ticket and ~£61 for the train ticket w/ Virgin which takes 2-3hours total. I'm only going there on Saturday as I don't plan to spend the night over there. I prolly will next year if I like it enough however. Hopefully it will take place on bank holiday weekend next year as well. But I'm leaving from London REALLY early because I expect to have to stand in line for about 2 hours anyways :mellow:

Edited by Freedan