Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BUCK (Brony UK Convention) 2013 News/Discussion

An Old Head

Why is so much happening that weekend its unbelievable.So I've got the Summer Sun Celebration then instead of returning home I'm going to London to go watch the Rugby Grand Final and after that I'm going to Insomnia in Telford.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got tickets for BUCK 2013 in Manchester for me and a mate, really pumped for it (24th-25th), just wondering if anyone else (if anypony) from the UK is going, itd be awesome to see some people from the forums...

http://www.buckcon.org/

Unfortunately, Im not going to the Summer Sun Celebration on the night, sadface.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to go!

but, I'm too young to go without my parents I'm 13 see  :(  ( They don't know I'm a brony  so thats out of the question )

Manchester is a bit far away anyways

What kind of things are done at a convention anyways?

Edited by Nye1254
  • Brohoof 1

I would love to go!

but, I'm too young to go without my parents I'm 13 see  :(  ( They don't know I'm a brony  so thats out of the question )

Manchester is a bit far away anyways

What kind of things are done at a convention anyways?

Many things! You can Go to question panels, enjoy music, buy merchandise, play games. The list goes on. It's gonna be one heck of a party.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, its my first convention too, but theres loads of stuff going on, and HarmonySpark, im going to be wearing my Vinyl Scratch t shirt so we'll match :3 

Is there anyway ill know its you xD? ^^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Okay, a schedule got put up on the BUCK website an hour ago. A super detailed schedule! It's liable to change though, but should give you a rough idea of the two days. (click to make it larger, or check out the post here)

img-1739734-1-shed-draft.png

This should give you a good idea about which events you want to see n.n

(I was gonna storm the Smash Bros tournament but it coincides with the buffet lunch. :c)

Edited by Flipturn Amaterasu

Hey everypony. Since I'm going to brony music festival Summer Sun Celebration, I've never been to a music festival beofre. So has anyone got any tips or advice? Thanks :)

Another thing what is Pony Odeon that I just heard of?

Edited by Harmony Spark

(edited)

Hey everypony. Since I'm going to brony music festival Summer Sun Celebration, I've never been to a music festival beofre. So has anyone got any tips or advice? Thanks :)

Just enjoy yourself! There's a six-hour line up and it's gonna be a blast. There's a bar within the venue if you ever need a drink, and everyone going will be super kind so there's no worry about encountering grisly folk.

The website said that they had much more space than there were people coming, so don't worry about it being full either - Manchester Central is a huge venue.

--

@@Darkshift and @ (We PMed, this is about times),

Me and a few other people will be hitting the Starbucks on Mount St., about a minute away from the SSC venue, to chill and grab a drink before the SSC starts. Assuming my group's coach isn't caught in traffic, I'll be there for 3pm - 3:15pm. Given its proximity to the venue I think there'll be a lot of Bronies there anyway - so if you're still stuck on a place to go before 7pm it looks like the best option :)

Edited by Flipturn Costava
  • Brohoof 1

Who else is coming to the meet in Starbucks at Piccadilly station today? Starts at 12:00! I will be there for a couple of hours and I'm going to be doing a few sketches for £2 for those who would like a piece of my art to keep :3 hope to see some familiar screen names there 8D

Me and a few other people will be hitting the Starbucks on Mount St., about a minute away from the SSC venue, to chill and grab a drink before the SSC starts. Assuming my group's coach isn't caught in traffic, I'll be there for 3pm - 3:15pm. Given its proximity to the venue I think there'll be a lot of Bronies there anyway - so if you're still stuck on a place to go before 7pm it looks like the best option

Alright, sounds like a plan! I'll see you there at about 3pm. :)

Oh, one last thing... How will I recognise you and your fellow con-goers? I possess a sad lack of pony clothing, or indeed any sort of visual cue to declare my love for cartoon horses (merchandise aplenty during the con, though - my pockets are going to be weeping by Monday). Will your group be easily discernible among those who have no idea why masses of pony-obsessed people are suddenly flocking to Manchester and invading its cafes?

Alright, sounds like a plan! I'll see you there at about 3pm. :)

Oh, one last thing... How will I recognise you and your fellow con-goers? I possess a sad lack of pony clothing, or indeed any sort of visual cue to declare my love for cartoon horses (merchandise aplenty during the con, though - my pockets are going to be weeping by Monday). Will your group be easily discernible among those who have no idea why masses of pony-obsessed people are suddenly flocking to Manchester and invading its cafes?

I'll be rocking a brown Vinyl Scratch T-shirt underneath a grey plaid shirt, but if perchance someone were to wear the exact same, here's my face:

img-1615112-1-y4gOmB4.png

Hopefully the Friday before a bank holiday weekend won't suffocate the motorways with traffic and our Megabus arrives on time. If the opposite happens, I'll contact you in some way.

• Brohoof 2

I wish I could go.. I mean UK, that isn't too far away from Sweden... and it shouldn't be way too expensive.. Though I have no money at all, so I can't go :(

I'll be attending in costume, but not as an equine. I'll instead be going as Miles Edgeworth if he decided to wear black instead or red/burgundy for a suit in support of the crossover I'm currently producing.

• Brohoof 1

I wish I could go.. I mean UK, that isn't too far away from Sweden... and it shouldn't be way too expensive.. Though I have no money at all, so I can't go :(

:(  :(

I'll be attending in costume, but not as an equine. I'll instead be going as Miles Edgeworth if he decided to wear black instead or red/burgundy for a suit in support of the crossover I'm currently producing.

I'll bring Edgeworth's theme on a loudspeaker.  :lol:  But that's awesome, can't wait to see it. I wonder just how many costumes of non-pony characters there'll be.

• Brohoof 1

:(  :(

I'll bring Edgeworth's theme on a loudspeaker.  :lol:  But that's awesome, can't wait to see it. I wonder just how many costumes of non-pony characters there'll be.

I truly have no idea, sir.

So, we'll just have to wait and see when the day arrives, just to clarify I'll be attending on the Saturday and maybe Sunday depending on how the Saturday goes.

(EDIT: If you do end up playing Edgeworth's theme on a loudspeaker, I might be drawn to it to say hello.)

Edited by Tommy9151
  • Brohoof 1

I'll be rocking a brown Vinyl Scratch T-shirt underneath a grey plaid shirt, but if perchance someone were to wear the exact same, here's my face:

img-1615112-1-y4gOmB4.png

Hopefully the Friday before a bank holiday weekend won't suffocate the motorways with traffic and our Megabus arrives on time. If the opposite happens, I'll contact you in some way.

I will be looking out for you, Flipturn! :P

Also, here is me in case anyone dares to look. If possible, it'll be really nice to get in touch with people from here :D

*Pic Removed*

See you on Saturday!!! :wub:

NOTE: THIS IMAGE WILL SELF-DESTRUCT ON SUNDAY 25th

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

I'm really upset that i can't go because i'm on holiday but i'm going to be watching the live stream of it tomorrow so Yay but i still wish i could of gone

I be going next year :D

Edited by Rainbow Dash

D: Why does Scotland have to be so awkward? I might have been able to go if not for the journey being 12 hours. I do have relatives in Stoke-on-Trent. It would have been so nice. Even If I did make it I'm much too young to go by myself. #RAGE

Just did day 1 and it was cool as sh!t. Only downside is that me and my friend missed the cosplay contest because we couldn't get past the gay pride parade :'(. Best part funnily enough was the queuing because it was the weirdest thing to see. After 3 years of only knowing my friend being a brony and then you get to talk to a load of others. Oh and the Vinyl Scratch furry outfit was the greatest thing ever and whoever wore that I want to give free money to :D 

• Brohoof 1

That's a shame, you missed me as Miles Edgeworth during the Cos-play Challenge, along with a multitude of other cos-players.

I most likely owe the host a great deal of gratitude for getting the name wrong and pronouncing it as "Michaels Eagleworth", it gave me a perfect opportunity to yell an objection to the crowd and her to provide a correction.

Just got back from buck and it was crazy, It was awesome and its great to see so many other people, wish i could have stayed longer but that autograph from Michelle Creber was all I needed ^^... (not "all", but it was still awesome)