Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

Renumbering? That's new, I haven't heard that rumour yet.

That means inserting an 'unknown' regen between McGann and Eccleston... Or maybe only renumber 11 as 12, with 'partial' regen that Tennant's version went through in Journey's End counting as one.

It makes me suspicious that they might try to address the 12 regen limit established in the classic series. Meaning there's only one Doctor left until he 'breaks the rules'. Interesting. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, because that's requiring a lot more continuity than Doctor Who really ever followed. img-1453946-1-wacko.png

John Hurt, who will be appearing in the Anniversary special, recently said something along the lines of him being part of a trinity of Doctors. This may mean that he's simply a future regeneration.

Also, speaking of cotinuity, wasn't the Doctor's name already revealed to be Theta Sigma?

NEW EPISODE SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT PLUS A THEORY!

You know, I saw the new episode yesterday and I thought to myself.

You remember how there was a "great intelligence" when The Doctor found Clara in Victorian times? And again when he met her in the present time? The '1337 HaxoZ' episode.

In the new episode The Doctor was controlled by a Cyberman for a certain amount of time before he broke free of it's control by hitting it with the pulse hand thingy...

What if that survived and because of it's knowledge it went through time (acquiring the knowledge on how to do so from The Doctor's mind) and tried to stop him? The second time, the GI new The Doctor was coming. Just a thought :/

As a new BroWhovian here, I've been a Doctor Who fan since about mid-late 2010, and I've been enjoying the current series so far. Matt Smith is my favorite new series Doctor and Patrick Troughton is my favorite classic Doctor. Pumped for The Name of the Doctor this Sunday!

I love Doctor Who for many, many reasons. One of them is that the basic premise is set up in such a way that there are almost infinite possible plots for the episodes, and if one writer runs out of ideas another can do something since they so often switch it up. Another great thing is that unlike most of the mainstream media that spoon-feeds the message you're supposed to get out of the media, Doctor Who lets you figure that out for yourself making it a much more meaningful and emotional experience. I'd say that The Doctor is probably the best character in any TV show ever.

(edited)

John Hurt, who will be appearing in the Anniversary special, recently said something along the lines of him being part of a trinity of Doctors. This may mean that he's simply a future regeneration.

Also, speaking of cotinuity, wasn't the Doctor's name already revealed to be Theta Sigma?

Answering the second bit first....not really. It was his 'school nickname' from when he was in the Academy, according to Drax.

As for the first bit..... erghabutluasdsdfaskasdghasjdafkjlk! Yes, I just watched the latest episode. Fine! Fine! Okay, yet another headcannon re-write. I should be used to this by now with Doctor Who, but for some reason that one actually caught me.

Why did that episode seem more like a Neil Gaiman episode than the Cyberman one did?

Edited by Fhaolan

next episode

you make it sound like it's not 6 months away.

Anyways, I started watching Classic Who and I've loved it so far. I started on the 3rd doctor due to the missing episodes for the 1st and 2nd. I've seen the first three episodes(which is like 8 hours).

With the latest episode out, the comment below refers to it, spoil at your own risk.

I think John Hurt will make an excellent mysterious "Doctor". His attitude to roles such as these is what the show needs to get back onto it's feet, which it has lacked over the past 2 seasons.

(edited)

With the latest episode out, the comment below refers to it, spoil at your own risk.

I agree with you there Azaxx. While it's a full six months away, it will certainly be worth the very, very long wait! I quite enjoyed the finale though! It was quite gripping!

Edited by DJ-BRONI3

It was a hard one, I like the Eleventh Doctor and the Tenth Doctor pretty equally. However I picked the 11th just because season 5 had my favorite story arc in it. but the 4th season comes behind it by very little so I like them both. :P

I see what they did there. "The Name of the Doctor"

didn't really mean his literal name, but the promise/oath of saving the universe in the name of the Doctor. John Hurt's "Doctor" is either the missing incarnation between 8 and 9 who fought in the Time War, or he is The Valeyard.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvQLedeN4CI

As for Matt Smith leaving, I guess it was going to happen eventually. Now the question is, who should be the next Doctor? Then again another question could be why did Steven Moffat decide to say River is bi? Was he hinting a a girl Doctor or something? Then again, he's Moffat, he's kind of a troll sometimes.

(edited)

I've actually only watched more recent episodes (9th, 10th, and 11th doctors)

But I like Matt Smith's Portrayal a little more than David Tennant's.

1. He inserted more youth  into the role.

2. Also, a little more humor.

3. (This isn't about the doctor, but anyways) I liked his assistants the best.

Unfortunately, his departure is nigh. He did quite well. I hope 12th doctor will be an even better doctor.

Edited by Rainbow P.F. Sparkle

• 4 weeks later...

I love the Tenth Doctor because, well, um, because, I can't really describe it, but whenever I think of the Doctor, the voice and personality default to the Tenth, and the appearance to the Eleventh.

Favorite antagonists? I'd have to say it's a tie between the Daleks and the Cybermen. I just love robots!

Bad news everyone: Matt Smith is officially leaving Doctor Who at the end of the year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/matt-smith-doctor-who.html

Very sad to hear. I was expecting he'd do at least half of series 8. I wish him well in the future

Reading that, I think he lied about the Doctor Who fandom. Bronies are just as devoted, if not more so, as the Whovians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvQLedeN4CI

As for Matt Smith leaving, I guess it was going to happen eventually. Now the question is, who should be the next Doctor? Then again another question could be why did Steven Moffat decide to say River is bi? Was he hinting a a girl Doctor or something? Then again, he's Moffat, he's kind of a troll sometimes.

I sincerely hope that there will be a female Doctor. That will be so amazing! 

I like both Matt Smith's and David Tennant's portrayals of the Doctor for completely different reasons, and I'm not sure which one I like better, if any: 

David Tennant's portrayal of the Tenth Doctor is amazing mostly due to David's range. He perfectly handles quick and believable transitions between anything and everything the Doctor might be feeling. From quirky curiosity, to funny enthusiasm, to crushing, powerful despair. David Tennant wore all of the Doctor's emotions in a way that no one else has ever come close to. 

Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor might not be as emotionally powerful as the Tenth Doctor, but he more than makes up for it with charisma and a generally younger feel. Compared to the Tenth Doctor, the Eleventh's lines are fast and somewhat arrogant, which I think is an interesting direction to take the Doctor's personality. Matt shows us a younger-seeming more confident Doctor, and his personality plays perfectly off of everyone around him, especially River Song. 

• 2 weeks later...

12th will be announced tonight! 

Feeling nervicited because I want to know who will play 12th but I am feeling a bit sad that Matt Smith is leaving. 

I like 11th because he tends to be a bit childish! :) And that makes him really cute. 

• 7 months later...