Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

If you want a quick tour of the classic doctors you can watch the 5 doctors.  That'll let you see the 2nd, 3rd and 5th doctors.  The 1st was, sadly, dead by then so they had another actor doing him, and the 4th wasn't really in the movie.  They used archival footage of a story that was never complete due to a bbc strike.  Then if you want you can go back and watch a story of the doctors not in the 5 doctors.  1, 6, and 7th.  Though I think the 6th doctor is better in Big Finish then in the bbc tv series.  The 8th doctor you can only see him in 3 things, the tv movie, Shada (an online animation done by bbi and still up [http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/classic/webcasts/shada/]), and the more recently done night of the doctor  think it's called.   most of the 8th doctor is on Big Finish, and is audio only.   

Though this will let you get a very quick tour of each of the classic doctors and then see if you think you may like one better then watch more stories of that doctor.   The missing episodes effects the first 2 doctors only (with 1 4th doctor story unfinished due to a bbc strike) and hits the 2nd doctor the hardest during his first 2 seasons.  Though they have done animation to some of those stories, the ones that were at least half complete I think.  Though some are not out yet.

When I watch classic who I do it only 1 25 minute episode per day, not all at once that some who do the dr who podcasts do.  and doing it in the part of the year when no new who is being shown, as mentioned above, is a good idea. 

I say watch New Who first, you will still be able to understand everything just fine. And you will be able to watch new episodes as they come out. Then watch Classic Who in the off seasons. That's what I did.

Thanks. I think I will do that.

I finished New Who, then researched on the personality of the Classic Doctors. Four's personality sounded good to me, as did Five's so I started with them. They're arguably my favorite Doctors tied with Sylvester McCoy. 

Oh, yes, Patrick T's (The Second Doctor) birthday was supposed to be today. 

Edited by Clarissa

• 3 weeks later...

I just finished season 1 of the new series and I'm pretty hooked. 

Favorite episodes so far, Aliens of London, and World War 3(Which are basically 2-parters)

Edited by DiamondRumpPony
  • Brohoof 1

I just finished season 1 of the new series and I'm pretty hooked. 

Favorite episodes so far, Aliens of London, and World War 3(Which are basically 2-parters)

Season 1 is probably still my favorite season of the reboot, or at least tied with a Tennant season. I'd have to go back through them all to be sure. Eccleston is very underrated as the Doctor IMO, I think he did a fantastic job. If he didn't, the reboot wouldn't taken off.

My favorite reboot season is Series 5, though Series 1 is my second favorite, as it does a great job of reintroducing Doctor Who to a modern audience. And I do agree Eccleston is underrated, he's in my top five Doctors.

Oh, and Peter Capaldi turned 56 the other day!

Eccleston is underrated? What about poor Paul McGann? He did a fantastic job as the Eighth Doctor in that one TV film he was in. There's also the audio dramas but I don't listen to those.

Eccleston is underrated? What about poor Paul McGann? He did a fantastic job as the Eighth Doctor in that one TV film he was in. There's also the audio dramas but I don't listen to those.

Don't forget the online animated story he voiced, with Lalla Ward and k9's voice actor, forgot his name, & the  short video where he regenerates.  Night of the Doctor I think it's called.  I think it was about 8 minutes.

• Brohoof 1

It's really hard with there being so many of them! My favorite classic Doctor is Peter Davison, partly because of the actor. My opinion regarding new Doctors has changed SEVERAL times between Chris, David, and Matt. I do believe that at the moment my preference lies with Matt.

Due to some new opinions of the show, I've edited this post

I've only watched the reboot all the way through, only seeing bits and pieces of the classic series. Though, I still feel like I can post here since I know the new series pretty well now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My all-time favorite Doctor is the Tenth Doctor. What an amazingly well written tenure. The fact that he masked his regret with a coat of hilarity and quirkiness is one of the reasons I favor him. Also, David Tennant delivered a fantastic performance.

The Ninth Doctor holds the title of my second favorite Doctor. Christopher Eccleston delivered a great performance and was one of the best-developed doctors to date. It's a shame he didn't stick around longer.

The Eleventh Doctor is my third favorite, being the most hilarious doctor hands-down.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here are my Top 5 stories:

1. "Dalek"

2. "Blink" 

3. "The Doctor's Daughter" 

4. "Partners in Crime"

5. "Vincent and the Doctor"

My favorite season is series 4, and the worst episode by far has been "Planet of the Dead." 

My favorite companion is Donna Noble, seeing as she's hilarious, had great chemistry with the Doctor and, again, is one of the better developed characters of the series. My second favorite companion is Captain Jack Harkness. I don't know what it is about him, but every time he's onscreen I can't help but smile. He's extremely entertaining to watch. My third favorite is Rose Tyler, primarily for nostalgic reasons. Though, unlike others, I found her relationship with the Doctor to be both interesting and heartbreaking. 

Edited by PrymeStriker

Aren't most of those from the first 2 seasons of the current dr who series?   Thanks to the recent regeneration episode, forgot it's title, but I heard some dr who podcasts talking about it, the doctor numbers are a bit mixed up.  1 of them is actually 2, 11th and 12th.  I think the recent one is the 14th doctor.    Most of what I know of the current series is from dr who podcasts I listen to talking about the episodes.  I've seen some episodes here and there of the current series. 

I've seen most of the original series, except for the lost episodes and recently found.  Some I've not seen in ages though.

Edited by Kulstor

Aren't most of those from the first 2 seasons of the current dr who series?   Thanks to the recent regeneration episode, forgot it's title, but I heard some dr who podcasts talking about it, the doctor numbers are a bit mixed up.  1 of them is actually 2, 11th and 12th.  I think the recent one is the 14th doctor.    Most of what I know of the current series is from dr who podcasts I listen to talking about the episodes.  I've seen some episodes here and there of the current series. 

I've seen most of the original series, except for the lost episodes and recently found.  Some I've not seen in ages though.

Peter Capaldi is the 14th regeneration but he is the 12th Doctor. That is because we do not count John Hurts "War Doctor" as an actually Doctor. Most just refer to him as 8.5. And Ten sent his regeneration energy to his severed hand before he can fully change and that counted as a regen as well. He was still the Tenth Doctor.

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Here, have a sort of outdated top 20 list of best episodes. I really need to o a much more in depth and well-thought out list sometime.

That's a great list. I agree with a lot of the selections.

While we're discussing our favorites, here's my top 10 classic stories:

10. The Two Doctors

9. The Aztecs

8. Earthshock

7. Remembrance of the Daleks

6. Spearhead from Space

5. The Five Doctors

4. The Tomb of the Cybermen

3. Genesis of the Daleks

2. The Ark in Space

1. The Caves of Androzani

and here's my top 10 revival stories:

10. The Girl in the Fireplace

9. The Stolen Earth / Journey's End

8. The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances

7. A Christmas Carol

6. Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways

5. The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang

4. Human Nature / The Family of Blood

3. Blink

2. The Doctor's Wife

1. The Day of the Doctor

Edited by Rainboom Dash
  • Brohoof 1

That's a great list. I agree with a lot of the selections.

While we're discussing our favorites, here's my top 10 classic stories:

10. The Two Doctors

9. The Aztecs

8. Earthshock

7. Remembrance of the Daleks

6. Spearhead from Space

5. The Five Doctors

4. The Tomb of the Cybermen

3. Genesis of the Daleks

2. The Ark in Space

1. The Caves of Androzani

and here's my top 10 revival stories:

10. The Girl in the Fireplace

9. The Stolen Earth / Journey's End

8. The Empty Child / The Doctor Dances

7. A Christmas Carol

6. Bad Wolf / The Parting of the Ways

5. The Pandorica Opens / The Big Bang

4. Human Nature / The Family of Blood

3. Blink

2. The Doctor's Wife

1. The Day of the Doctor

I loved "Remembrance of the Dalaks". Shorty after I saw it for the first time, my brother took me to a science fiction convention where I actually got to meet Sylvester McCoy! The autograph line was really long, and we were right at the very end. Suddenly, this guy stood in back of me. I turned around, and it was THE DOCTOR! He was very nice and said hi to us, and promised he wouldn't leave until we all got his autograph. I still have it packed away. I always loved how Ace called him Professor. 

• 3 months later...

Hi, I started this show this summer and it is fantastic.I cant stop watching it,I have to say David Tennat is best doctor.I believe the show is very addicting and after awhile just gets sad.If you are reading this and have never seen the show.WATCH IT.

Pinkiepartypie signing off ALLONS-Y

~pinkiepartypie

Some who likes David Tennant as the doctor ^_^

I think it was amazing when the doctor was David Tennant but when Matt Smith became the doctor, The show just went down hill because it came less serious and less dark then it used to be and please don't get me started on Asylum of the daleks -_-

Edited by Codelyoko373

Some who likes David Tennat as the doctor ^_^

I think it was amazing when the doctor was David Tennat but when Matt Smith became the doctor, The show just went down hill because it came less serious and less dark then it used to be and please don't get me started on Asylum of the daleks -_-

OH NO, NO DALEKS I HATED THOSE EPISODES

OH NO, NO DALEKS I HATED THOSE EPISODES

To tell the truth, I think Asylum of the daleks is my wrost doctor who episode just because they forgot EVERYTHING about what the daleks were made for and how they should act. Oh and they also treat them like robots with the network thing at the end -_-

To tell the truth, I think Asylum of the daleks is my wrost doctor who episode just because they forgot EVERYTHING about what the daleks were made for and how they should act. Oh and they also treat them like robots with the network thing at the end -_-

OH, and what about daleks take Manhattan just no plz Dr.Who,no more Dalek please

OH, and what about daleks take Manhattan just no plz Dr.Who,no more Dalek please

I liked that episode but not because of the story line but just because the cult of skaro were in it XD

2206638-d10s01ep13_wal_07_daleks_doomsda

Edited by Codelyoko373

oh lol, forgot about that, DID YOU KNOW FACE OF BOE IS CAPTAIN JACK

Yea ^-^, Captain Jack harkness himself.

captain-jack-face-of-boe.jpg

(I'm kinda a geek for doctor who so i know a lot about it XD. Mostly about the Cult of skaro)

Edited by Codelyoko373

Oh yes. Oh so very much yes.

After watching Tennant i talked like him for quite some time. I still do.

Love Tennant and the series 2-4. Everything was just perfect for what i really imagined the Doctor being. Season 5 definitely was a good one, but the problem is that they just redid Tennant with Smith. Smith is the type of Doctor whos a slight bit insane and slower, but they wrote him just like Tennant (fast talking, never waiting). Thats my one very very large problem with Smith: hes Tennant 2.0.

And yes, Tennant is of course my favorite Doctor.