Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your favourite/best Doctor  

143 users have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite/best Doctor?

• The First Doctor
    • The Second Doctor
    • The Third Doctor
    • The Fourth Doctor
    • The Fifth Doctor
    • The Sixth Doctor
    • The Seventh Doctor
    • The Eighth Doctor
    • The Ninth Doctor
    • The Tenth Doctor
    • The Eleventh Doctor

Doctor Who is the longest running sci-fi show in T.V. history. It is quite possibly up there with My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as one of the greatest shows of all time. Please post your Who speculations on the next episode or just whatever you want to say.To get us started, I've decided to make a poll of: Who is the best Doctor?This is a debate which has been raging for years between the Who fans. Who is the best Doctor?Did David Tennant's playful yet serious personality strike it lucky with you? Is there a special place in your heart for Tom Baker? Or is Matt Smith the right one for the part?I am very eager to hear about all your reasons why each doctor is the best.Please do not just say: "DAVID TENNANT COS HES KEWL" If you are going to make a contribution, make sure your reason is legitimate and not stupid.Okay, let's begin...My Favourite is David Tennant, as he manages to be a playful and happy Doctor, as well as being serious. I also feel that the Time War was explored into a little more detail with him, and he told us about the gruesome details. He is also the most social Doctor. A lot of the other Doctors were very quiet or enigmatic. David Tennant excellently portrayed a Doctor who knows how to walk the talk.I look forward to your contributions.

Edited by Artemis
added prefix

This is a debate which has been raging for years between the Who fans.

I've been listening to The Who for years and I've never seen this debate pop up!

Bad jokes aside, you may just want to turn this into a "Dr. Who General" thread, both to prevent confusion and to condense any discussion of the show into a single thread.

It's hard for me to decide. I started watching when Matt Smith started so it didn't seem right for someone else to play the doctor but now that I've bee watching David Tennant for a while he's growing on me. I don't know, I like them both.

(edited)

Alright, I've changed this to a general thread, thanks for your constructive criticism guys! This is one of my first times on a forum, so thanks for cutting me a little slack. But yeah, feel free to post whatever you want (as long as it's about Doctor Who).

On another note...

NEXT EPISODE OF DOCTOR WHO OUT THIS CHRISTMAS!!

Posted Image

Edited by Wolfonomic

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-JJTs2aKU

Here's a Dalek trying to be sexy.

SISTER, PLEASE!
ALL THE BOYS COME ROUND TO TASTE MY SUGAR LUMPS!
YOUR LUMPS ARE INFERIOR AND MUST THEREFORE BE EXTERMINATED! Edited by Vinyl Scratch
  • Brohoof 1

A fan from the age of 3 (that I can remember, maybe it was younger?). Tom Baker was my doctor growing up, but I liked Sylvester McCoy's portrayal (once he got rid of Bonnie Langford!) and of the new series I thought David Tennant was fantastic! But of all of them, watching the videos etc, my favourite has to be Patrick Troughton from the late 1960s

• Brohoof 1

I've only just gotten into it. I started with the Eleventh Doctor, in the most recent season, which is what got me interested. Since then, I've watched the newer series from the beginning, and out of the three that I've seen, the Tenth Doctor is my very favorite. I do love the other two, though, very much. Maybe someday I'll watch the original series and see the other Doctors and pick a new favorite, but for now... it's Ten.

I started with Matt Smith, so I think of him as 'my' Doctor.

I've seen a few episodes with David Tennant, but for some reason I cannot stand Rose at all, so episodes with her make it unbearable for me.

I do have to say my favorite Tennant episode is Midnight, because there's a super special pre-Merlin cameo of Colin Morgan.

• Brohoof 1

Love Doctor Who. I started with Christopher Eccleston, but David Tennant quickly became my favorite. Matt Smith's "Bow ties are cool" line always cracked me up. But he still hasn't managed to pass David yet IMO. :)

On another note, for those of you who started with Matt Smith, you really REALLY need to go back and at the very least watch the season 3 episode Blink. It's the origin of the Weeping Angels. Very good stuff there. And if you started with Matt, you missed it.

• Brohoof 1

The Doctor is getting younger and younger. Wonder what this means.

I doubt anything. The the episodes with The Library (season 4) Dr. River Song said he was younger than she'd ever seen him, which means in the future he will be getting older (apparently). Also, as we know from Time Lord history, there is apparently a limit of 13 regenerations for any Time Lord. So as the Doctor is already in his 11th incarnation, we can be fairly certain he won't have a lot longer to live, unless something happens to change that.

(edited)

I doubt anything. The the episodes with The Library (season 4) Dr. River Song said he was younger than she'd ever seen him, which means in the future he will be getting older (apparently). Also, as we know from Time Lord history, there is apparently a limit of 13 regenerations for any Time Lord. So as the Doctor is already in his 11th incarnation, we can be fairly certain he won't have a lot longer to live, unless something happens to change that.

I am loving this thread, there are so many dedicated fans like this one I am quoting.

However, the Doctor in fact has 12 regenerations. However, another Whovian told me that he had a lot more. I have yet to follow this up, but for now, it's only 12.

And yes, those who started out with Matt Smith are at a direct disadvantage. As they have

A.) Not been able to experience the awesome that is David Tennant and

B.) Will not be able to understand the whole weeping angels and Bad Wolf and blah blah story stuff.

Also, to the other Whovians, another topic: do you belive that the latest Matt Smith seasons involve as much "Time-wimey Wibbly-wobbly" stuff as much as the previous episodes?

BTW: Timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly is how David Tennant used to describe the TARDIS and other complicated things to his companions. So from now on, whenever you are discussing a confusing topic, you MUST use the term timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly. Lol jokes, but try to put videos, pictures, quotes or anything Who to spice up this thread.

Also, I strongly suggest you visit the official Doctor Who Tumblr. If you couldn't be arsed to find it, here's the link:

http://doctorwho.tumblr.com/

Not convinced? Check this video out:

Edited by Wolfonomic

I started with Matt Smith and absolutely adore him. I've gone back and watched the last two seasons of Tennant and a few episode of Eccleston and they don't hold up as good (I'm not going to bother getting into the old stuff). Eccleston didn't have enough time to build the character, and I found Tennant's became too pathetic, especially during the last season.

My favorite companion is Donna. She's the only companion who'd really been close to the same level as The Doctor. She's figured things out that he hasn't (that number thing in The Doctor's Daughter) and has been able to take care of herself a lot. She's the most independent companion yet.

I started with Matt Smith and absolutely adore him. I've gone back and watched the last two seasons of Tennant and a few episode of Eccleston and they don't hold up as good (I'm not going to bother getting into the old stuff). Eccleston didn't have enough time to build the character, and I found Tennant's became too pathetic, especially during the last season.

My favorite companion is Donna. She's the only companion who'd really been close to the same level as The Doctor. She's figured things out that he hasn't (that number thing in The Doctor's Daughter) and has been able to take care of herself a lot. She's the most independent companion yet.

I strongly agree. Donna was easily the best companion the Doctor has ever had. She brought a well received humour to the show, without screwing it up and being too comical. I do not believe she was the closest to the Doctor (that award goes to Rose, seeing as though the Doctor had feelings for her) but she was easily the most fun.

Also, regarding your statement about Tennant being pathetic

YOU SUCK :angry:

oh er <ahem> sorry 'bout that, musta been that burrito I had for lunch.

All jokes aside, I kinda agree with you. But I think that was intended, but it kinda failed. :(

Still, season 4 is widely regarded as the best season of Doctor Who ever.

DID I ALSO MENTION that our very own Matt Smith won the award for BEST SCI-FI ACTOR.

Let's all give a round of applause for Matt Smith and Doctor Who in general.

Posted Image

Things I like about Matt Smith's Doctor:

1. The music of the intro. It is just more upbeat and exciting than it ever used to be. I listen to it and I just feel like the episode is going to be amazing.

2. Amy Pond. She's a hot redheaded Irish girl. What's not to love? :wub:

3. Continuation of the Weeping Angels and the unfolding story of his relation to Dr. River Song, which is very cool, if a bit weird. :lol:

4. Plastic Rory. I mean come on, the guy died, was reincarnated (sorta) by the Nestine as a plastic soldier, broke their hold over him, and dedicated his life for thousands of years to guarding the Doctor's prison, and helped rescue Amy, then got to marry her. I mean holy crap that's pretty impressive. Even if he is a dork. :)

5. The Silence. I gotta admit these guys are creepy. The ability to make you forget them as soon as you look away. That's a page right out of Sun Tzu's Art of War. If you are unknown, you have a distinct advantage over your enemy. You can gather your intel while he does not know of you, and you can take control while he is not even aware it is happening.

Things I like about David Tennant.

Ugh, where to begin?

1. His voice and ability to sound like so many things. Especially when he switched into Scottish mode when talking to Queen Victoria.

2. Rose Tyler. Sorry, I know some folks don't like her, but dayum she was a lot of fun, and fun to look at as well. ;)

3. Wibbly Wobbly... you know. :D

4. The origin of the Weeping Angels and the River Song story.

5. His conflict with the Master

6. And the best season closing episode arc ever: Turn Left, The Stolen Earth, and Journey's End. Probably the only scene in Doctor Who that ever came close to bringing me to tears, was at the end of Journey's End, when the Doctor and all of his faithful friends were in the TARDIS together, towing the earth back to where it belonged. For those of you who don't know about the Doctor's long history, and the loss of Gallifray, this scene won't mean as much. But to those who do know, the Doctor is a man so alone, experiencing the entire universe, all of time and space, with no home, no family, and friends that can never stay with him. He operates the TARDIS by himself, but the TARDIS was never meant for that. It was meant to be operated by a full crew. And in this episode, for the first time ever, he had a full crew. All the people who's lives he's impacted, past companions, friends, they were all there to fly it with him and bring the earth home. For me that was the most epic moment in the entirety of Doctor Who. :)

I started watching Doctor Who a few months ago. Unfortunately, due to a website being shut down, I can't watch any more. I started with Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor, but then the website died after I finished The Hungry Earth. I heard that season six is really awesome though, wish I can see it.