My dad is listening to 20% Cooler!

Shaky Novel

HAPPINESS OVERLOAD!

My parents have never been that negative about my er... now pretty serious obsession with My Little Pony, but I NEVER thought this would happen. I sat in my room, read a book and drank some coffee, when all of a sudden I heard the song 20% cooler from my dad's office. So I jumped of my bed, and hurried to his office where I found him pretty much dancing (or just moving in a awkward way, depends on how you see it) to a song made by my favorite people in the world – BRONIES.  CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HAPPINESS I FELT? And that's not all! Later when I told him who was the creator of that song he really enjoyed, he actually encouraged me to continue interacting with other fans of the show. He also said that a lot of bronies probably are pretty intelligent, considering it takes some intelligence to be as openminded as the bronies were when they first watched the show. I think that by listening to that song, he realized how big this fandom is, and he also discovered the creative people behind it. Who knows? Maybe he'll be a brony too someday? I feel so lucky to have the parents I have right now. 

With that said, how do your parents deal with the fact that you truly enjoy My Little Pony? Do they dislike it? Ignore it? Or, just like in my case, even encourage it? 

Edit: Oh gahwd, the title failed. It's supposed to say 20%*. Oh well.

Edited by Shaky Novel
  • Brohoof 6

That's awesome! And I wouldn't blame him, this song is great! You know, my friend is a brony, not because of the show, but because of the community and fan creations like these.

• Brohoof 1

That's awesome! And I wouldn't blame him, this song is great! You know, my friend is a brony, not because of the show, but because of the community and fan creations like these.

It doesn't surprise me! All the fantastic creations by the bronies are difficult to ignore. I can watch fanart hour after hour...

Edited by Shaky Novel
  • Brohoof 1

20& cooler, huh?

Don't worry, I know what you mean. My mom's fine with it, and my dad, since he goes on the Internet, knows what Bronies are and doesn't think I'm weird.

you need to fix that title it says 20& not 20%

Yeah, I saw that. But since I'm new, I don't really know how to edit the title... I'll probably figure it out. 

Your father sounds like the world's best dad, ha. Good on him, and not to brag, but a lot of intelligent users can be found right here on these forums.

Oh yes, I've recognized that too. In a lot of discussions you can find very interesting people. 

A week ago, I had a dream that my mum was listening to the living tombstones Discord on her iPod which makes a change from doctor who soundtrack and the archers! :D

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...